Need Recipe

Old August 18th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

Default Need Recipe

I just found out a co-worker's grandson (6 months old) has cancer. Her
daughter is, of course, distraught. I'd like to make her a card and bake
some cookies to bring to work Monday. Does anybody (Jill?) have a good
recipe (something with chocolate)?

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 18th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

CatNipped wrote:
I just found out a co-worker's grandson (6 months old) has cancer.
Her daughter is, of course, distraught. I'd like to make her a card
and bake some cookies to bring to work Monday. Does anybody (Jill?)
have a good recipe (something with chocolate)?

Chocolate Chip Cookies (my mom's recipe)

2 c. flour
1 c. white sugar
1/2 c. vegetable shortening
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter
3 tsp. baking powder
1 large egg
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbs. peanut butter
1 pkg. chocolate chips (I used Hersey's milk chocolate chips)

Beat shortening, butter, sugars, vanilla and and egg together until light
and fluffy. Mix flour with baking soda and salt. Blend into shortening
mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop mixture, 2 inches apart, from a
teaspoon on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 375F about 10 minutes
or until golden brown.

Recipe courtesy of Christina Brown McQuown

Old August 19th 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-08-18, CatNipped penned:
I just found out a co-worker's grandson (6 months old) has cancer.
Her daughter is, of course, distraught. I'd like to make her a card
and bake some cookies to bring to work Monday. Does anybody (Jill?)
have a good recipe (something with chocolate)?

Oh, wow. No recipe, but plenty of purrs.

And be careful with this! Baking usually involves a fair amount of
arm usage!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old August 19th 06, 04:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

CatNipped wrote:
Thanks Jill - wish me luck in the making of these!

If I can do it anyone can! I am NOT a baker.

Jill

Old August 19th 06, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:48:29 -0500, "CatNipped"
yodeled:

I just found out a co-worker's grandson (6 months old) has cancer. Her
daughter is, of course, distraught. I'd like to make her a card and bake
some cookies to bring to work Monday. Does anybody (Jill?) have a good
recipe (something with chocolate)?

Lori, did you see the posting from the lady with the feisty overgrown
kitten beating her up?

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old August 19th 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shirley2307

"CatNipped" wrote in
:

I just found out a co-worker's grandson (6 months old) has cancer.
Her daughter is, of course, distraught. I'd like to make her a card
and bake some cookies to bring to work Monday. Does anybody (Jill?)
have a good recipe (something with chocolate)?

I love this one and it's easy!

The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie

3/4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
1 Tbsp Vanilla
1 tsp. salt
1-1/4 cups firmly packed
light brown sugar
1 egg
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 Tbsps milk
1 cup pecan pieces (optional

Heat oven to 375F. Combine Butter Flavor Crisco, brown sugar and vanilla
in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Beat
egg into creamed mixture. Combine flour, salt and baking soda and mix
into creamed mixture until just blended.

Stir in chocolate chips and pecan pieces. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls
(about 2 measuring tablespoons of dough) 3 inches apart on an ungreased
baking sheet. Bake at 375F for 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies
(cookies will appear moist

DO NOT OVERBAKE, or 11-13 minutes for crisp cookies.
Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes. Remove to cooling rack.

3 dozen 3-inch cookies.

--
ShirleyB,
Rexie, Loki and maMA's Mom

Pictures of His Majesty, Rex: http://tinyurl.com/bvtjv
Pictures of Loki: http://tinyurl.com/9exao
Pictures of Mama & Kits: http://tinyurl.com/e5edz
Pictures of Bruver: http://tinyurl.com/f5jrq

Homepage: http://jumi-shirley-butler.com
Webmaster: http://www.vinotecawinebar.com

Old August 20th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:48:29 -0500, "CatNipped"
yodeled:

I just found out a co-worker's grandson (6 months old) has cancer. Her
daughter is, of course, distraught. I'd like to make her a card and bake
some cookies to bring to work Monday. Does anybody (Jill?) have a good
recipe (something with chocolate)?

Lori, did you see the posting from the lady with the feisty overgrown
kitten beating her up?

No, darn it, I missed that one. I now have 4,506 unread messages in rpca -
I'm never going to catch up!!! : I haven't been reading a lot because,
first, with the hours I'm working I haven't the time and, second, I'm so
tempted to respond and it really hurts to type after 8 or 9 hours of typing
at work. I can't *WAIT* to get this stupid cast off so I can turn my arm
and use my fingers well again (13 days and counting).

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Old August 21st 06, 12:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

jmcquown wrote:
CatNipped wrote:
Thanks Jill - wish me luck in the making of these!

If I can do it anyone can! I am NOT a baker.

Would you like an Easy Cookie Recipe??

Take your average cake mix, any type.
Mix with 1/2 cup of oil and 2 eggs.

Drop from a spoon onto a cookie sheet and bake.
Oh.....375 for 10 minutes? I don't know, you just have to watch and
see.

That's it. Simple cookies.

Personally, I like white cake mix with 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips to
make wonderful chocolate chip cookies. Or yellow cake mix with
chocolate chips.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita