Scraggly whiskers!

Old July 7th 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Scraggly whiskers!

Hi there, my 10 year old cat has something wrong with her whiskers.
Some of them are normal, and some are short and scraggly. Same with
her Eyebrow Antennas. Other than that she seems to be in normal good
health and her coat is soft and shiny. She has been eating grocery
store cat food. Could that be the problem? Thanks for reading...

Old July 7th 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Spot

Do you by chance have another cat or is she hanging around one outside
maybe? I ask this because my Squeekers cat seems to think that the whiskers
on Mushkins are dental floss and he is constantly chewing them off when he
grooms her.

I noticed the whiskers issue about 4 months after we had to amputate her
back leg due to a giant cell tumor. I was in a panic that the cancer was
back and was causing this her whiskers to fall off and break. Then one
afternoon Mike noticed that while Squeek was grooming her that he was
chewing off her whiskers. It was a relief to know it wasn't anything
serious it's just strange and we can't figure out why he started this and
why she lets him. It's been going on for over 5 years now.

Celeste

oups.com...