I goofed badly; Bast forgive me!

Old July 15th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

Default I goofed badly; Bast forgive me!

I am so dense sometimes!

Today it finally dawned on me that there are fleas in the house. I bet
Abelard brought them in when I started taking him outside. Poor Baby Eyes
has torn out so much of her fur that she looks like an oversized rat.

As soon as the realization hit, I went to ebay and got enough FL+ to last
six months from a seller whose feedback indicates that they ship
super-quickly. But I still feel like a heel and an idiot for not learning
the truth sooner.

In case anyone else is interested in a good deal on FL+ this seller has
plenty left:

Old July 15th 08, 05:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Pat" wrote in message
et...
I am so dense sometimes!

Today it finally dawned on me that there are fleas in the house. I
bet
Abelard brought them in when I started taking him outside. Poor
Baby Eyes
has torn out so much of her fur that she looks like an oversized
rat.

As soon as the realization hit, I went to ebay and got enough FL+ to
last
six months from a seller whose feedback indicates that they ship
super-quickly. But I still feel like a heel and an idiot for not
learning
the truth sooner.

In case anyone else is interested in a good deal on FL+ this seller
has
plenty left:

If you live where the climate is right, you can easily bring in the
requisite flea on the hem of your pants or on your shoes. The darn
eggs hang out forever until they get a temperature and humidity they
like.

Add in that it only take one or two bites to get a sensitive pet
really going. Anybody can get fleas. The trick is in getting rid of
them.

Jo

Old July 15th 08, 01:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Good heavens, don't beat yourself up over getting fleas. Willow began to
look moth eaten and I took her to the Vet. He and his tech found 3 fleas on
her but, she was allergic to them. It took a short time of medication, some
stuff for flea and ticks, which I had been doing anyway and spraying the
carpets. None of mine go out so we figured they got in on shoes, or other
clothing. Not such a big deal if you start working to get rid of them,
which you already have done.

Old July 15th 08, 06:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Pat" wrote in message
et...
I am so dense sometimes!

Today it finally dawned on me that there are fleas in the house. I bet
Abelard brought them in when I started taking him outside. Poor Baby Eyes
has torn out so much of her fur that she looks like an oversized rat.

As soon as the realization hit, I went to ebay and got enough FL+ to last
six months from a seller whose feedback indicates that they ship
super-quickly. But I still feel like a heel and an idiot for not learning
the truth sooner.

In case anyone else is interested in a good deal on FL+ this seller has
plenty left:

That says it's for dogs 89 lbs to 100 something pounds! It would be
dangerous to use that on a cat.

Joy

Old July 15th 08, 07:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Joy wrote:

"Pat" wrote in message

In case anyone else is interested in a good deal on FL+ this seller has
plenty left:

That says it's for dogs 89 lbs to 100 something pounds! It would be
dangerous to use that on a cat.

She might measure out the right dosage for her cats - that's what I
do with Advantage. I buy the biggest size (4.0 ml), which is for the
largest dogs. The amount needed for my cats is 0.8 ml each, so I get
5 doses for each single tube*. I have my own syringe that's marked off
at the right spot so I just drip it in there and apply it with the
syringe.

They measure it out in tubes to make it easier to apply it. Also, that
way you don't have to get the stuff on your skin. I would get it on
my hands while measuring, except I wear latex gloves when doing it.
Only problem with that is that Licky knows what latex gloves mean and
he's gone!

Joyce ^..^

*Theoretically, anyway. I don't usually get 5 doses, because I always
lose a bit in the measuring. Still, it's a lot cheaper than buying
the 0.8 ml tubes. They cost the same!
Old July 15th 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

I always thought the reason they specify "dog" or "cat" on the labels of
flea products was because the formulas are different - those that are
safe for dogs are not necessarily safe for cats, and vice versa!

Vets and folks at pet stores have told me it's the same stuff.

In any case, I've been doing it this way for several years and my cats,
although they hate it, don't seem any worse off for it.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 15th 08, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 15, 4:30*pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
Joy wrote:
[...]

safe for dogs are not necessarily safe for cats, and vice versa!- Hide quoted text -

That's true of the old, over-the-counter flea/tick meds. I think there
*is* a particular Advantage formulat -- Advantix--that is NOT supposed
to be used on cats.
Frontline plus is the same formula, almost, for dogs or cats. There
*is* a difference in the amount of the "plus" ingredient--a tick
repellant that I can't remember the name of. There's actually a
*higher* concentration of it in the cat formula Frontline-Plus.
Sherry