FLowers for Tweed? Ping Victor

Old May 19th 05, 01:40 PM
Jane

I asked Victor and he kindly volunteered to use his PayPal account to
collect donations for flowers for Tweed (Christina Werbsell) to send to her
hospital room.

Great idea - thanks Victor, I've sent you something via PayPal.

yeah, thanks. I've sent my contribution. I hope it's not too late.
I'm always a little behind on this newsgroup.

Oh! And I get to keep my job, at least for another year! The company
told the contract winners that they wanted me to stay, so I'm staying.
It's sortof nice to be needed. Exhausting, but nice.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita
Old May 20th 05, 12:23 AM
Catnipped

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
SuzQ wrote:
Contributions might contiue coming in, I didn't know about this til
today.

Ok, we have a saying in Mexico: "cuentas claras, amistades largas",
which roughly translates as "clear finances yield long friendships". The
flower company billed my credit card exactly $62 USD. Total donations
received total $58.65 in Paypal and $15 via regular mail (not here yet,
but it should arrive soon). How should I handle the extra money? One
option would be to not cash the mailed-in check, but that might not sit
well with the donor.
Another option would be to take out of Paypal only as much as I need to
cover the total for the flowers (minus my contribution) and leave the
balance there for the next time we need to make a donation or something.
I can take screenshots of the totals and put them online so that we
don't forget how much was leftover from rpca money in case it gets mixed
with personal transactions.
A third option would be to start an rpca paypal account and transfer the
leftover money there. Several people could have access to it and we
could all use it to send donations to various causes.
What would you guys like me to do?

I vote for just leaving it till the next time it's needed. If you're
worried about forgetting, just post here how much is in there with a
specific subject line and it will be archived in Google. Be sure to deduct
any interest your credit card company may charge you.

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old May 20th 05, 01:50 AM
Irulan

I'm with Carnipped. We always seem to have some sort of need every now and
then and this could be a way to keep something extra for anyone who needs it
next time. Thanks for the extra work Victor.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old May 20th 05, 02:46 AM
Charleen Welton

SuzQ wrote:
[...]

What Catnipped said.
Charleen

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old May 20th 05, 03:48 AM
Sam Nash

"Irulan" wrote in message
I'm with Carnipped. We always seem to have some sort of need every now and
then and this could be a way to keep something extra for anyone who needs
it next time. Thanks for the extra work Victor.

Thirded. (Irulan beat me to "seconded")
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old May 20th 05, 10:09 PM
polonca12000

Congrats on keeping the job and we wish you to have it for much longer than
just a year,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Jane" wrote in message
snip
Oh! And I get to keep my job, at least for another year! The company
told the contract winners that they wanted me to stay, so I'm staying.
It's sortof nice to be needed. Exhausting, but nice.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Ping: Victor and Karen Susan M Cat anecdotes 2 April 27th 05 03:58 AM
PING - Victor wafflycat Cat anecdotes 3 February 16th 05 07:27 PM
Ping & Weeble visit TED (long) Magic Mood JeepĀ© Cat anecdotes 22 November 11th 04 01:35 PM
Ping Victor - OT CatNipped Cat anecdotes 30 September 20th 04 11:03 AM