Mike's feeling better!!

Old February 27th 04, 06:56 AM
LOL

Default Mike's feeling better!!

He's back to being *our Mike* again, or as his daddy said, "You're
back to your old mildly annoying self, Buddy!" We are getting ankle
ambushes instead of compulsive pacing! Langorous blinks instead of
fixed glares! He's even *playing* in his new box, in which the (very
desperately needed) Nature's Miracle was delivered!

Yesterday we could tell he was feeling some better, as it was easier
to settle him down after he did start the pacing and growling routine,
but today he actually seems like his old self. I am relieved. I am
thrilled! The potent combination of Tapazole and purrs is working!!

We've still got to get some weight back on the poor little mite - it's
in the thirties (F) here and he wants the door open to look out, but
he has zero body fat these days and he's chewed off an awful lot of
his fur, so he just stands at the screen door and shivers. (Oz, by
contrast, sprawls his big fat fuzzy self in front of the heater at the
office all day.) Mike is reminiscent of a greyhound right now with
his long skinny self and naked legs. Our regular TED should be in his
office tomorrow, and we will be talking about monitoring and what else
to do. Our vet has 2 offices in 2 towns and alternates days in each,
and I DO NOT LIKE the relief vet. I never bother to ask him anything,
and only in the most dire of emergencies does he ever get anywhere
near one of My Babies.

(We've also got to douse the whole blasted house in Nature's Miracle
and wash curtains and slipcovers and pillows and quilts and, well,
pretty much everything in the house.)

Mike's had *such* a rough time for weeks, the poor darling - he's
alternating making up for lost Crazy Time and sleeping hard. He's
been wearing himself out with the pacing and has slept a lot less than
usual for the past few weeks.

Thank you for the purrs and prayers, wonderful rpca people - they have
worked!

------
Krista
Pics of Mike in RPCA Pictures!
Pics of Oz and Tiger in RPCA Photos!
Old February 27th 04, 07:13 AM
Marina

"LOL" wrote

Thank you for the purrs and prayers, wonderful rpca people - they have
worked!

So glad to hear he is doing so much better already! Would he like some fatty
cream or sour cream? You know, fat is actually good for cats who are too
thin. Scritches and purrs to the poor guy, may he continue to improve.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old February 27th 04, 07:18 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:13:05 +0200, "Marina"
wrote:

"LOL" wrote

Thank you for the purrs and prayers, wonderful rpca people - they have
worked!

So glad to hear he is doing so much better already! Would he like some fatty
cream or sour cream? You know, fat is actually good for cats who are too
thin. Scritches and purrs to the poor guy, may he continue to improve.

Maybe you could locate a little sweater for him to wear.
Old February 27th 04, 02:42 PM
Victor Martinez

Glad to hear he's feeling better.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 27th 04, 03:57 PM
lrulan

Poor little Mikey. We are so glad he is feeling better. Please give him and
the others extra skritches from us. We will still purr and pray everything
settles down soon.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

om...

Old February 27th 04, 04:30 PM
Lisa Katt

snip------
Krista
Pics of Mike in RPCA Pictures!
Pics of Oz and Tiger in RPCA Photos!

That is good news! Purrs for Mike to become his own self soonest.
Elisabet and Hugo Katt

Old February 27th 04, 08:36 PM
Tanada

LOL wrote:

Yesterday we could tell he was feeling some better, as it was easier
to settle him down after he did start the pacing and growling routine,
but today he actually seems like his old self. I am relieved. I am
thrilled! The potent combination of Tapazole and purrs is working!!

Do they make "Nature's Miracle" for hoomins? My Mike likes to pace and
growl too.

Pam S. amazed with how alike the two Mikes are

Old February 27th 04, 11:19 PM
polonca12000

I'm so very happy for you!
Continued purrs and best wishes for Mikey and gentle calming hugs for his
worried slaves,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"LOL" wrote in message
om...
snip Mike's had *such* a rough time for weeks, the poor darling - he's

Old February 28th 04, 12:22 AM
Sam Nash

"LOL" wrote in message
om...
He's back to being *our Mike* again, or as his daddy said, "You're
back to your old mildly annoying self, Buddy!"

snipped
Great news, Krista. Happy to hear he's on the mend.
Sam