Let me Sleep?!?

Old March 7th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Let me Sleep?!?

I have a 11mth old tiger... She is a great loveable playful cat but lately
she has been waking up between 3am and 5am. She meows and plays around in
the bedroom. Playing in the trash, jumping on the dressers and knocking off
what ever she can... I used to be able to close her out of the bedroom, but
now she just sits at the door scratching at it and meowing... I have tryed
putting her in the basement but she just scratches that door and rattles it
too. I have tryed tiring her out before bed... It even comes down to me
sometimes going sleep on the couch so my boyfriend and I can sleep a little..
.. I do not know what else to do? My boyfriend and I are so frustrated.. I
would appreciate any suggestions.
Old March 7th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Maryeli" u19393@uwe wrote in message news:5ce012533e4cd@uwe...
I have a 11mth old tiger... She is a great loveable playful cat but lately
she has been waking up between 3am and 5am. She meows and plays around in
the bedroom. Playing in the trash, jumping on the dressers and knocking

off
what ever she can... I used to be able to close her out of the bedroom,

but
now she just sits at the door scratching at it and meowing... I have

tryed
putting her in the basement but she just scratches that door and rattles

it
too. I have tryed tiring her out before bed... It even comes down to me
sometimes going sleep on the couch so my boyfriend and I can sleep a

little..
. I do not know what else to do? My boyfriend and I are so frustrated..

would appreciate any suggestions.

Put her in the room that is farthest away from your bedroom with her box and
food and water and toys, get a HEPA filter for the bed room you sleep in (to
drown out her noise) and/or maybe use earplugs.

Old March 7th 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

In article 5ce012533e4cd@uwe, Maryeli u19393@uwe wrote:
I have a 11mth old tiger... She is a great loveable playful cat but lately
she has been waking up between 3am and 5am. She meows and plays around in
the bedroom. Playing in the trash, jumping on the dressers and knocking off
what ever she can... I used to be able to close her out of the bedroom, but
now she just sits at the door scratching at it and meowing... I have tryed
putting her in the basement but she just scratches that door and rattles it
too. I have tryed tiring her out before bed... It even comes down to me
sometimes going sleep on the couch so my boyfriend and I can sleep a little..
. I do not know what else to do? My boyfriend and I are so frustrated.. I
would appreciate any suggestions.

Make sure she has enough food and water for overnight.

My cat, Bubba, wakes me up at 4:30 sharp by licking my eyelids
if I forget to leave some BubbaChow out for him when I go to bed...

Claude
Old March 7th 06, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Mon 06 Mar 2006 08:32:03p, Maryeli wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:5ce012533e4cd@uwe):

I have a 11mth old tiger... She is a great loveable playful cat
but lately she has been waking up between 3am and 5am. She
meows and plays around in the bedroom. Playing in the trash,
jumping on the dressers and knocking off what ever she can... I
used to be able to close her out of the bedroom, but now she
just sits at the door scratching at it and meowing... I have
tryed putting her in the basement but she just scratches that
door and rattles it too. I have tryed tiring her out before
bed... It even comes down to me sometimes going sleep on the
couch so my boyfriend and I can sleep a little.. . I do not
know what else to do? My boyfriend and I are so frustrated.. I
would appreciate any suggestions.

The only room you need to worry about "cat proofing" is your
bedroom. She wants attention. If you remove the trashcan in your
room, remove anything breakable from the dresser tops, let her roam
around on those surfaces without fear of her breaking things,
she'll eventually tire of it. ...And then figure out another way
to get your attention.

--
Cheryl