Ping Cybercat - Boo Update?

Old July 12th 08, 07:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace

Default Update 2-- Ping Cybercat - Boo Update?

On Jul 11, 6:58*pm, Cheryl wrote:

I'm glad she came home and ate and her prognosis is good. You will
know what to do. I know from your posts about Gnarley (SP?) that you
learned from her, and we all do the first time we have a sick old
cat. Boo is in good hands.

--
Cheryl

I agree with Cheryl. I hope her recovery is swift and complete!

Candace

Old July 12th 08, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Candace" wrote :
I agree with Cheryl. I hope her recovery is swift and complete!

Thanks Candace, for your good wishes. She's just her old self, you
can't tell she's had surgery from her behavior, at all. No moping or
extra sleeping, either. She was bright-eyed and staring holes in me as
I made the coffee, waiting to be fed. (I always make the coffee and
change water and such first, because feeding time is when I am most
interesting to Boo, so I get to enjoy her company more, haha!) At
this stage it would be very easy to believe that the little bit of surgery
might be the end of it.

How are your babies? You have not written about them in a while.

Old July 13th 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

cybercat wrote:

snip very scary story
It is very hard to imagine living without her. Maybe we will have her for a
while longer. The girl with the boxer said he lived a whole year with no
treatment.

Thanks again to everyone for their concern and for listening. I don't sound
terrified but this is the way *I* sound when I am terrified.

When those we love depend upon us, blathering around in a panic is not
helpful. My husband is very tenderhearted and really loves this cat.

All prayers and purrs and good thoughts are so appreciated, Dr. Lewis might
have opened her up and found her full of this stuff, you know? So I think
they really help.

Thank you.

OMG what an ordeal you have been through! I'm so glad this was caught
early and that you have such a caring and thorough vet. I will check in
to see that biopsy result and pray it is the best possible news. Clean
margins will be a GREAT indicator for her, regardless of the type of
cancer they discover she has.

I'm glad she pulled through the surgery so well and I hope she continues
to feel okay.

I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.
Old July 14th 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Lynne" wrote in message
m...

OMG what an ordeal you have been through! I'm so glad this was caught
early and that you have such a caring and thorough vet.

Thank you, Lynne, for your good wishes.

I will check in to see that biopsy result and pray it is the best possible
news. Clean margins will be a GREAT indicator for her, regardless of the
type of cancer they discover she has.

Do you think because it was small, or because the doctor said it was the
size of a garden pea, that this means the margins are clean? Now that I
think about it I expect that might be true. But she did say that it worried
her the way it was adhering to Boo's muscle wall.

I'm glad she pulled through the surgery so well and I hope she continues
to feel okay.

She's just the same old assertive girl! It's amazing. The stairs don't even
bother her, and she has not messed with her stitches at all.

I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

It means a lot. She is such a character, and so beautiful with her velvety
black coat and white bib and paws. One of the coolest things about Boo is
that she is a "thinker." If you do something, there is almost always a
pause, and a look on her face like she is considering the situation. It's
hilarious. It ranges from, I come down and pet her and talk to her and she
would rather not be bothered, and you can see a bubble appear over her head
like, "Hmmmmm .. if I am very still and don't say anything, maybe she will
go away" to, she comes in to the living room and we are watching something
with a tray of snacks on the table, and she sits down, looks around, waits a
while to let it all sink in, apparently decides we are there for a while,
then sneaks upstairs like a commando and hoovers down Gracie's food.

Old July 15th 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

cybercat wrote:

Do you think because it was small, or because the doctor said it was the
size of a garden pea, that this means the margins are clean? Now that I
think about it I expect that might be true. But she did say that it worried
her the way it was adhering to Boo's muscle wall.

Did you get the biopsy results yet? I looked for an update and couldn't
find it. When I said clean margins will be a very good indicator, I
meant if you hear that in the pathology report it will be very good to
know and an indicator that perhaps the cancer has not spread.
When a tumor is extracted, so is tissue around the tumor. That tissue
is examined for cancer cells. If the cancer is fully contained within
the tumor and there are no cancer cells in the tissue around the tumor,
that is a "clean margin." (Think of the excised tissue as an egg. The
margin is the egg white around a yolk, and the yolk is the cancerous
tumor. If there is no yolk mixed into the white, it's a clean margin.)
A doctor can't determine this, but the pathologist can and will. I'm
hoping this is what you hear. Actually, I'm hoping you hear it isn't
cancer at all and some odd, rare, but benign thing that won't be a
problem ever again.

It means a lot. She is such a character, and so beautiful with her velvety
black coat and white bib and paws. One of the coolest things about Boo is
that she is a "thinker." If you do something, there is almost always a
pause, and a look on her face like she is considering the situation. It's
hilarious. It ranges from, I come down and pet her and talk to her and she
would rather not be bothered, and you can see a bubble appear over her head
like, "Hmmmmm .. if I am very still and don't say anything, maybe she will
go away" to, she comes in to the living room and we are watching something
with a tray of snacks on the table, and she sits down, looks around, waits a
while to let it all sink in, apparently decides we are there for a while,
then sneaks upstairs like a commando and hoovers down Gracie's food.

She is so precious, and clever. I know you treasure her. I'm anxious
for good news! Hang in there!!
Old July 16th 08, 01:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

Lynne wrote:

Actually, I'm hoping you hear it isn't
cancer at all and some odd, rare, but benign thing that won't be a
problem ever again.

Dangit, I went back and read your original thread which I had not fully
read before. I just saw that the needle biopsy indicated round cell
cancer and I am not finding any updates from you. Very worried here and
keeping you in my thoughts.
Old July 16th 08, 02:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

Thanks for the update, and I'm glad she got through the surgery well.
Hugs to you and her.
Old July 16th 08, 02:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh>\o\

On Jul 11, 10:33*pm, "cybercat" wrote:
"CatNipped" wrote in message

Has anybody here heard from Nancy regarding "Boo"? *I'm starting to get
really, really worried. *I used to have her email, but that got lost when
I changed hard drives.

She is doing well considering, thanks so much for your concern, Rene too.
(Our cable was out beginning right after I last sent a post.)

I had dropped her off at about 8:30 Thursday, and had written you las then.

Old July 16th 08, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Lynne" wrote in message
m...
Lynne wrote:

Actually, I'm hoping you hear it isn't
cancer at all and some odd, rare, but benign thing that won't be a
problem ever again.

Dangit, I went back and read your original thread which I had not fully
read before. I just saw that the needle biopsy indicated round cell
cancer and I am not finding any updates from you. Very worried here and
keeping you in my thoughts.

Lynne, they did a biopsy and the doctor looked at it under the microscope
that day, while we waited. She recognized that the cells were "suspicious"
and when I went in the next morning for Boo's surgery, she had written
"mostly round cell" on the chart. After the surgery, she sent the tissue to
pathology to determine exactly what kind of round cell cancer it is, and
said it would take a week. So we should be hearing tomorrow. I'll let you
know right away, thank you for caring about us.

Old July 16th 08, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

cybercat wrote:

Lynne, they did a biopsy and the doctor looked at it under the microscope
that day, while we waited. She recognized that the cells were "suspicious"
and when I went in the next morning for Boo's surgery, she had written
"mostly round cell" on the chart. After the surgery, she sent the tissue to
pathology to determine exactly what kind of round cell cancer it is, and
said it would take a week. So we should be hearing tomorrow. I'll let you
know right away, thank you for caring about us.

You must be beside yourself. I'm praying for the absolute best possible
report. I wish I could do more.