Oh, my aching back...

Old April 27th 04, 08:31 PM
lrulan

Default Oh, my aching back...

What a good nurse Little Feet is. He should graduate cum laude from nursing
school.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

This morning I woke up with lower back pain, to the point that I could
barely walk. I called in sick.

First thing I did was to soak in a tub of hot water, to relax the back
muscles.

So I'm lying down in the tub, luxuriating in the hot water. Little
Feet is sitting on the edge of the tub, very concerned that I would
submerge myself in water.

He watches for a minute or two, then carefully puts a front paw on my
chest, while he tries to stay on the edge of the tub. Then he reaches
out the other front paw, and places it on my chest. Finally, tail held
up above the water, he gingerly works his back paws over until he is
sitting completely on my chest.

I now have a sweet nurse kitty, braving the very waters of hell to
meatloaf and purr on my chest, while I soak. I have dry hands, so I
pet him and take care to balance him, so that we don't end up dancing
a ballet for tooth and claw.

Finally, the water cools, so I lift Little Feet out, dry off, and fill
a hot water bottle.

I lay on the bed, with the hot water bottle on my back, and Little
Feet immediately climbs up, onto the hot water bottle. I guess he has
the best of both worlds - hot water, sealed in an impermeable
container, and being able to nurse me back to health all at once.

Of course, you're not supposed to apply heat for too long, so I remove
the hot water bottle after half an hour. Little Feet then decides he
can nurse me from a couple of feet away, as he takes up the meatloaf
position from the relocated hot water bottle.

We both take naps, and all is right with the world.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Old April 27th 04, 08:35 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

here's hoping that back pain disappears.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old April 27th 04, 09:25 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:16:13 -0600, Mark Edwards
yodeled:

[...]

(snip)

What a little character!
A real devoted kitty.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)

Old April 27th 04, 11:04 PM
Christine Burel

Mark, this story was just the thing I needed to feel good after a hard day
working! Major back-fixing purrs for you and major scritches to dear Little
Feet (what a brave boy!) for taking care of you so well!
Christine

Old April 27th 04, 11:27 PM
Cheryl

Mark Edwards dumped this in
on 27 Apr 2004:

This morning I woke up with lower back pain, to the point that I could
barely walk. I called in sick.

First thing I did was to soak in a tub of hot water, to relax the back
muscles.

I hope you feel better soon. At least you have a caring nursemaid.

--
Cheryl
Old April 27th 04, 11:27 PM
Cheryl

Mark Edwards dumped this in
on 27 Apr 2004:

This morning I woke up with lower back pain, to the point that I could
barely walk. I called in sick.

First thing I did was to soak in a tub of hot water, to relax the back
muscles.

I hope you feel better soon. At least you have a caring nursemaid.

--
Cheryl

Back from Burma (long) OT badwilson Cat anecdotes 51 January 3rd 04 08:57 PM
Back AGAIN badwilson Cat anecdotes 4 November 19th 03 05:11 AM
Back with purrs and cat reports Karen Cat anecdotes 10 November 8th 03 03:25 PM
She's back! Stacey Sharpe Cat anecdotes 26 November 4th 03 10:07 PM
Pirate's back Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 9 November 3rd 03 12:18 PM