Recall expanded

Old April 11th 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Default Recall expanded

They just keep adding and adding brands. The latest casualty is the
entire line of Nutro Gourmet Classics, which happens to be the favorite
food of our crew of picky eaters.
I have 6 cases I need to return and we're scrambling to find other non
deadly food they will eat.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 11th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Victor Martinez wrote:
They just keep adding and adding brands. The latest casualty is the
entire line of Nutro Gourmet Classics, which happens to be the
favorite food of our crew of picky eaters.
I have 6 cases I need to return and we're scrambling to find other non
deadly food they will eat.

This is a very ugly thing, isn't it? Guess it's time to start cooking.

Jill

Old April 11th 07, 04:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Victor M Martinez wrote:

I have 6 cases I need to return and
we're scrambling to find other non
deadly food they will eat.

Unless they are chunks in gravy or contain wheat gluten I wouldn't worry
about using them.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old April 11th 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

---MIKE--- wrote:
Unless they are chunks in gravy or contain wheat gluten I wouldn't worry
about using them.

They have been added to the recall. Every single one of the Nutro
Gourmet Classics line. Every one.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 11th 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:41:25 -0500, Victor Martinez
wrote:

They just keep adding and adding brands. The latest casualty is the
entire line of Nutro Gourmet Classics, which happens to be the favorite
food of our crew of picky eaters.
I have 6 cases I need to return and we're scrambling to find other non
deadly food they will eat.

You mean the Nutro that the girl in the petshop persuaded me was a
'safe' option to buy for finnicky felines a few weeks ago... (sighs)
I haven't used it yet because even when I bought it I thought it was
probably a Bad Idea (actually I thought the finicky felines would
probably refuse to eat it...) I guess I'll put them in the trash. At
least I only bought two small cans to try...

I think I'm DEFINITELY going to quit feeding them canned food for the
duration - they're running out of things to eat!
Old April 11th 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
You mean the Nutro that the girl in the petshop persuaded me was a
'safe' option to buy for finnicky felines a few weeks ago... (sighs)

FWIW, it's the favorite food of our crew of *very* finicky felines.

I haven't used it yet because even when I bought it I thought it was
probably a Bad Idea (actually I thought the finicky felines would
probably refuse to eat it...) I guess I'll put them in the trash. At
least I only bought two small cans to try...

I'm sure they'll refund your money.

I think I'm DEFINITELY going to quit feeding them canned food for the
duration - they're running out of things to eat!

Make sure the dry food you feed them does not contain corn!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 11th 07, 11:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

wrote:

They just keep adding and adding brands. The latest casualty is the
entire line of Nutro Gourmet Classics, which happens to be the
favorite food of our crew of picky eaters.
I have 6 cases I need to return and we're scrambling to find other
non deadly food they will eat.

You mean the Nutro that the girl in the petshop persuaded me was a
'safe' option to buy for finnicky felines a few weeks ago... (sighs)
I haven't used it yet because even when I bought it I thought it was
probably a Bad Idea (actually I thought the finicky felines would
probably refuse to eat it...) I guess I'll put them in the trash. At
least I only bought two small cans to try...

I think I'm DEFINITELY going to quit feeding them canned food for the
duration - they're running out of things to eat!

Baby food. The jarred stuff.

Jill

Old April 11th 07, 11:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 16:41:09 -0500, Victor Martinez
wrote:

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
You mean the Nutro that the girl in the petshop persuaded me was a
'safe' option to buy for finnicky felines a few weeks ago... (sighs)

FWIW, it's the favorite food of our crew of *very* finicky felines.

I haven't used it yet because even when I bought it I thought it was
probably a Bad Idea (actually I thought the finicky felines would
probably refuse to eat it...) I guess I'll put them in the trash. At
least I only bought two small cans to try...

I'm sure they'll refund your money.

I think I'm DEFINITELY going to quit feeding them canned food for the
duration - they're running out of things to eat!

Make sure the dry food you feed them does not contain corn!

Corn?! I thought it was wheat gluten that was the danger ingredient...
Old April 12th 07, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

wrote:

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
You mean the Nutro that the girl in the petshop persuaded me was a
'safe' option to buy for finnicky felines a few weeks ago... (sighs)

FWIW, it's the favorite food of our crew of *very* finicky felines.

I haven't used it yet because even when I bought it I thought it was
probably a Bad Idea (actually I thought the finicky felines would
probably refuse to eat it...) I guess I'll put them in the trash. At
least I only bought two small cans to try...

I'm sure they'll refund your money.

I think I'm DEFINITELY going to quit feeding them canned food for
the duration - they're running out of things to eat!

Make sure the dry food you feed them does not contain corn!

Corn?! I thought it was wheat gluten that was the danger ingredient...

Corn is not in question AFAIK. Wheat gluten imported from China.

Old April 12th 07, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

wrote:

They just keep adding and adding brands. The latest casualty is the
entire line of Nutro Gourmet Classics, which happens to be the
favorite food of our crew of picky eaters.
I have 6 cases I need to return and we're scrambling to find other
non deadly food they will eat.

You mean the Nutro that the girl in the petshop persuaded me was a
'safe' option to buy for finnicky felines a few weeks ago... (sighs)
I haven't used it yet because even when I bought it I thought it was
probably a Bad Idea (actually I thought the finicky felines would
probably refuse to eat it...) I guess I'll put them in the trash. At
least I only bought two small cans to try...

I think I'm DEFINITELY going to quit feeding them canned food for the
duration - they're running out of things to eat!

Baby food. The jarred stuff.

Jill

But even that you have to watch out for garlic for the cats.

BTW the super duper cat food with the salmon and egg soufle? Molly and Jake
never even sniffed it. After a few hours on a plate it started to really
look like plastic fake food.

Jo

Recall jofirey Cat anecdotes 1 April 7th 07 11:49 PM
Recall to be Expanded to include all Dry Food John Hart Cat health & behaviour 22 April 1st 07 04:51 AM
SERIOUS: Pet food recall -L. Cat community 28 March 23rd 07 12:40 AM
Cat Food Recall Cat Protector Cat health & behaviour 9 March 19th 07 03:45 PM
pet food recall Lydia Cat anecdotes 1 October 27th 03 09:43 PM