Candle request for an RB old soldier

Old May 14th 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Exocat[_2_]

Default Candle request for an RB old soldier

Winkie, the 22.5yo burmese-like (but true moffie really) cat who owned
Margaret and Orlando (my next-door neighbours for the last 5 years), had to
be PTS at TEDs today.

He was a really feisty guy who stepped aside for nothing and nobody in his
prime, and until the last few weeks held his own in an assertive but
non-confrontational way against assorted younger felines including all
mine - Bandit actually went to sit with him on a regular basis while
Snowball and Claudius let him be, keeping a respectful distance, when Winkie
decided to plant himself for a sleep or meatloaf in "our" yard (garden). As
a very senior gent Winkie did a lot of that - in fact he greatly enjoyed the
front porches/doorways of several local houses.

I'm pleased to say that yesterday, on what turned out to be Winkie's last,
he meatloafed right outside my front door while I was out walking Raki. On
our return I manoeuvered Raki past him so's not to disturb him, gave him a
nosie-scritch in passing (he always enjoyed those), and then stopped
Snowball going out to dispute the territory with him. So our last meeting
was a kind & friendly one.

He owned his hoomins from the age of 8 weeks so they are extremely sad -
some purrs for their healing would doubtless be appreciated too.

Purrs
Gordon (very sad too), Bandit, Snowball, Claudius & Raki

Old May 14th 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Many purrs for old man Winkie and his former slaves.

Old May 14th 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-05-14 12:16:12 -0500, "Exocat" said:

[...]

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
120,000+ Newsgroups

Wow. What a ripe old age! Purrs for Winkie's family. I'm certain he is
having a high old time right now.

Old May 14th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Exocat wrote:
Winkie, the 22.5yo burmese-like (but true moffie really) cat who owned
Margaret and Orlando (my next-door neighbours for the last 5 years),
had to
be PTS at TEDs today.

(snip wonderful anecdotes about Winkie)
He owned his hoomins from the age of 8 weeks so they are extremely
sad -
some purrs for their healing would doubtless be appreciated too.

Purrs
Gordon (very sad too), Bandit, Snowball, Claudius & Raki

Purrs on the way for Winkie's trip over the Bridge and for his hoomins (and
you, and everyone else who will miss Winkie).

Jill

Old May 14th 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

I'm so sorry to hear this, I'm sending purrs and purr-ayers for Winkie's
family - I can understand how heartbroken they must be. Still, you couldn't
ask for much better than an owner living to the ripe old age of 22.5, kudo's
to his family for being such obviously good slaves to the boy!

We will light a candle tonight to help guide Winkie's path to the Bridge.

Hugs,

CatNipped

"Exocat" wrote in message
[...]

Newsgroups
=----

Old May 14th 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On May 14, 1:16 pm, "Exocat" wrote:
[...]

Purrs going out for Winkie's loving family and for his neighbors, who
will also miss him. The ol' bon vivant himself probably felt the need
to get rid of the old body and go meatloaf at the Rainbow Bridge,
where he will soon be at home on all the lawns and porches, waiting
for his staff to catch up and get things properly organized.

What a lovely fellow he was and is.

Will in New Haven

--

"Though much was taken much abides." Tennyson "Ulysses"

Old May 14th 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

A candle will be lit for the grand old man. He will
be happy at the RB.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old May 14th 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Exocat wrote:
[...]

Purrs for Winkie's family. However long they stay with us it's not long
enough. :-(
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old May 14th 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Exocat wrote:
[...]

It sounds like he was an amazing Cat (capital "C" intended).

Purrs for his people, and for Winkie's safe journey to the Bridge. And
for your sadness, too.

Ginger-lyn
Old May 15th 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Purrs for the fallen solider and those that were left behind

"Exocat" wrote in message
[...]

TW: purrs and RB candle request rrb Cat anecdotes 6 October 25th 05 03:40 PM
Request Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 7 June 27th 05 10:07 PM
Soldier Begging For Dog Food For Deployed Dogs Todd Cat anecdotes 1 January 27th 05 04:31 AM
Hoosier's Sacrifice Helps Fellow Soldier Magic Mood JeepĀ© Cat anecdotes 0 December 22nd 04 12:54 PM
Request For Help Flags6262 Cat community 0 November 27th 04 05:19 PM