I Cannot Believe This

Old May 23rd 10, 02:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Default I Cannot Believe This

On May 22, 9:25*pm, Jerry Bank wrote:
In article bd77c559-5a2c-4527-bfea-
, says...

On May 21, 9:34*pm, "jmcquown" wrote:

Snipped
No. 1. The judge and heiress were Jew.
No. 2. I was a born-again Christian, who sent her children to both
Presbyterian and Mennonite Church, SundaySchool and BibleSchool.

Iam telling you this to help you to understand how and why things turn
out the way they do. [God help the Palestinians]. Also to warn you
that itis going to get much worse. Also donot interact with these
people, as theyare drunk with power, and nothing can stop them. As
more and more of them wake up to that realization, it is going to get
really horrible for us . . . ask the Palestinians . . .

Read and Google =3FTalmud=3F to understand what goes on in the mind of
Jew, and why our Nation is in the hopeless mess it is (that oil spill
is no accident:http://judicial-inc.bizplushttp://www.jewwatch.com
):

Who would have thought that a cat group would be a forum for wild anti-
semitic ravings. Surely not I.

What he says about cats is enough to make me puke. The rest of his
stuff is of a piece, hysteria, backed up by sites to "we all believe
this bull****" websites. He has nothing, he is nothing. No one need
listen to the wind.

--
Will in New Haven

Old May 23rd 10, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

If you decide to run around in the backyard at 6am, letr us know.
"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"jmcquown" wrote in message
A neighbor on the other side of my house is a renter. I've never met her
as renting isn't allowed unless it is a long term lease. She has a dog.
I like dogs. Unless they crap in my yard.

A few months ago I woke up around 6AM and found a man wearing pajamas
picking up dog poop in my back yard. Naturally I was surprised to find a
man in my back yard. I went out and asked him what he was doing. He
told me he was a guest of the woman renting the house next door. I
kindly pointed out there is a leash law and please tell her not to let
her dogs run loose. And I also called Security because I don't want to
find strange men in my backyard in pajamas at 6AM.

Well, yesterday I went outside and found dog poop on the grass in the
back yard. So I wrote a note and put in her mailbox, reminding her of
the leash law and asking her to please keep her dog out of my back yard.

This woman just rang my doorbell. Not only did she come to the door with
her dog *not*on a leash, it tried to run inside my house! Persia ran
(eeek! There's a big dog!) and I had to step outside and shut the door to
keep the dog from barging into my house.

She was waving my note in my face and screeching at the top of her lungs,
"FALSE ACCUSATIONS! FALSE ACCUSATIONS!" Oh dear lord, this woman is a
psycho.

I had to literally get in her face to get her to back down off my
driveway. She was screaming at the top of her lungs "LIES! LIES I'm
going to sue you!" Oh fer crying out loud.

There are already calls on record with Security about the guy in pajamas
in my back yard. And about the dog running loose. I called Security as
soon as she left and told them I'm not going to put up with this sort of
behaviour. I suspect she'lll be hearing from the HOA soon. Hmmm, maybe
HOA's are good for something after all.

I still cannot believe this.

Jill

Jill can I come up and have some fun ;-)

Old May 23rd 10, 03:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gabey8[_2_]

On May 22, 7:34*pm, wrote:
Will in New Haven wrote:

* Having a dog makes one feel very vulnerable. Catslaves have some of
* the same issues but not to the same extent. I would do a long list of
* people I have known or read about whose dogs were taken from them or
* people tried to take their dogs from them but it is just belaboring
* the point. Landlords, neighborhood association and local governments/
* the cops are all threats to a dog and an irate neighbor is often the
* beginning of the end.

* I KNOW you wouldn't hurt her dog but, in her mind, you threaten her
* dog. Yes, she is irrational but I understand why she is so upset. I
* don't like her habit of letting her dog run loose and I think walking
* ones dog is the ultimate way to bond with him or her, to get some good
* exercise and to meet interesting neighbors in a way that won't make
* their husbands too suspicious.

If she's afraid someone in an official capacity is going to remove
her dog, the very *worst* thing she can do is let it run around loose.
That's just asking for the very trouble she fears.

Joyce

--
The problem with cats is that they get the exact same look on their
face whether they see a moth or an axe-murderer.

Really. The best way to keep anyone from complaining, or the
authorities from having a leg to stand on, is to keep the dog on a
leash/in the yard, and pick up the mess it makes. That's just logical.
It's also the law. Keep the dog under control, train it, and clean up
after it. Those are pretty much requirements for anyone who decides to
have a dog.

I'm a new dog owner, so I know that it takes effort to live up to the
above standards... but PETS REQUIRE EFFORT. Make the effort, get help
with the above when necessary, or don't have a pet.

Donna, Captain and Stanley, and Mini
Old May 23rd 10, 05:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
On May 22, 9:25 pm, Jerry Bank wrote:
In article bd77c559-5a2c-4527-bfea-
, says...

snipped

THAN WHY ARE YOU ALL NOT CLIPPING HIS BULL**** AND KILL FILING HIM

Old May 23rd 10, 07:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jerry Bank wrote:

[V&D snipped]

Who would have thought that a cat group would be a forum for wild anti-
semitic ravings. Surely not I.

It's not because it's a cat group - it's Usenet. Usenet is full of
racist, anti-Semetic and homophobic ravings. We don't usually get that
stuff here, but we seem to have an abcess right now.

Joyce

--
Let's stop calling it "climate change", it's far too mild. It's like
calling a foreign invasion "unwanted visitors".
Old May 23rd 10, 07:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote in message
Jerry Bank wrote:

[V&D snipped]

Who would have thought that a cat group would be a forum for wild anti-
semitic ravings. Surely not I.

It's not because it's a cat group - it's Usenet. Usenet is full of
racist, anti-Semetic and homophobic ravings. We don't usually get that
stuff here, but we seem to have an abcess right now.

Joyce

--
Let's stop calling it "climate change", it's far too mild. It's like
calling a foreign invasion "unwanted visitors".
-- George Monbiot

And that's why I like killfiles.

Joy

Old May 23rd 10, 11:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

My goodness, I never knew inheriting a house could change your attitude so
much. You say "renter" like it was a disease and you banter having
"security" around like it was your right. Maybe that is the difference
between being handed something on a silver platter and earning it. Ok, so I
will catch hell for this but it is a little frustrating when some of us
struggle each month to earn any pay out for our existence and hear someone
with an attitude of "because I have this, I am entitled to thus." And yes,
I know when to run and the hell our of dodge!
"Cheryl" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Who is security?

Old May 23rd 10, 11:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote in message
Will in New Haven wrote:

I KNOW you wouldn't hurt her dog but, in her mind, you threaten her
dog. Yes, she is irrational but I understand why she is so upset. I
don't like her habit of letting her dog run loose and I think walking
ones dog is the ultimate way to bond with him or her, to get some good
exercise and to meet interesting neighbors in a way that won't make
their husbands too suspicious.

If she's afraid someone in an official capacity is going to remove
her dog, the very *worst* thing she can do is let it run around loose.
That's just asking for the very trouble she fears.

Joyce

Exactly! And then to show up at my door *with* her dog unleashed! Really,
that's pushing the envelope. When I opened the door it tried to run into my
house. I had to quickly step out and slam the door shut. (For some reason
when the doorbell rings Persia runs to the door like, "I'll get it!" LOL) I
don't even want to think about what might have happened if the dog had
managed to get inside. I don't know if her dog likes cats or if it would
have tried to kill Persia. And it's a big dog.

Of course I don't want anyone to take away her dog! But I should be able to
mow my lawn without stepping in dog poop. And I know that's where it's
coming from because her own houseguest (he of the pajamas) told me that's
why he was in my back yard.

Maybe she's just lazy. Heck, *I'm* lazy When I had a dog (Sampson, RB
1999) I walked him on a leash and picked up after him. It's what
responsible dog owners do. (I suppose "responsible" is the operative word
here.) I don't think I'm asking too much. And her response to my note was
WAAAAY over the top.

Jill

Old May 23rd 10, 12:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Granby" wrote in message
My goodness, I never knew inheriting a house could change your attitude so
much. You say "renter" like it was a disease and you banter having
"security" around like it was your right. Maybe that is the difference
between being handed something on a silver platter and earning it. Ok, so
I will catch hell for this but it is a little frustrating when some of us
struggle each month to earn any pay out for our existence and hear someone
with an attitude of "because I have this, I am entitled to thus." And
yes, I know when to run and the hell our of dodge!

I do feel bad for the way that came across. I should never have mentioned
the fact that she rents. It doesn't make her a second class citizen. But
all I did was leave her a note! She's the one who came to my door screaming
like a banshee!

I was upset, okay? when she rang my bell at 9PM *with her dog NOT on a
leash* and started screaming at me. I probably should not have mentioned
she rents. But guess what? When I rented and owned a dog I walked my dog
(Sampson, RB 1999) on a leash.

As for the silver platter... maybe you forgot the part where I moved 700
miles away from everyone and everything I knew the previous 35 years of my
life. To take care of my elderly parents. And I stayed with them until
they died. Cooking, cleaning, shopping, making sure the bills were paid,
arranging for doctors and home health services. I could have (and wanted
to!) just go home. But I didn't. I was the full-time caregiver. Maybe you
don't know how exhausting that is. I suspect you should. And because I
stepped up to the plate my mother left me the house. I'm so terribly sorry
if that bothers you!

Jill