New here - Hello from Bettina

Old September 7th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Default New here - Hello from Bettina

Lightwell wrote:
Hello there,

after reading here for about ten days I found out that I want to give
my 2 pence every now and then. So I think it`s about time to introduce
me and my gang to the group here. It feels so good to have found other
slaves to the furballs. I am obviously not the only crazy can-opener
who does everything to make his cats feel good. Cat owner`s concerns,
problems, joys and amusements are seemingly the same all over the
world.
O.K. we live in Germany, in the rural countryside east of Berlin.
Beautiful landscape, no jobs, agricultural area. I moved here from
South Germany, after the wall had come down in 1999, for here were
affordable old farmhouses to have.
Me and my cats wanted to say hi to all of you. Please be
understanding, as my english sometimes might be way off.g

kind regards

Bettina,
owned by Moritz, Lissinda (aka Lissie), Zorrolina (aka Zorro),
Felix, Hugo and Luna. Host to Mohrchen, Julius and Peter.

Welcome to the group. It's good to see another poster from Burope. :-) You
may find it usefull to look at the FAQ.
http://www.angelfire.com/mt/yowie/catfaq.htm Specifically 6.3 JARGON
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old September 7th 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

"Lightwell" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Hallo, Bettina!

I am owned by three cats: Chloe and Tyrone, brother and sister who were born
in our shed 2 years ago and Puakea Makana (Pua) who showed up at my door 1
year ago, sick, skinny and really just gross. I nursed Pua back to health.
They all have such different personalities and they make my house a home. I
couldn't do without any of them.

Pix posted at: http://tinyurl.com/lxjpq

kili

Old September 7th 06, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Lightwell wrote:
Hello there,

Howdy!

Me and my cats wanted to say hi to all of you. Please be understanding,
as my english sometimes might be way off.g

Sounds just fine to me!

owned by Moritz, Lissinda (aka Lissie), Zorrolina (aka Zorro),
Felix, Hugo and Luna. Host to Mohrchen, Julius and Peter.

Do you have any pictures posted somewhere?

Victor

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old September 7th 06, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lightwell" wrote in message
[...]

Hallo, Bettina

Welcome to the group. I live in England and have two cats. Kitty Farmcat
aged around 20 and Boyfriend who is about 4.
My dearest friend is German, she lives in Lower Saxony - between Luechow and
Dannenberg, also a rural agricultural area with no work.

I met her on a poultry internet group. She's been to visit me several times
and I've been to visit her. We correspond by e-mail all the time.

It's nice to see another German on the group, we have Inge too.
It's an English-language-orientated group so it's not always easy for others
to join in. A lot of the posters are American. Some Brits, some
Australians, some New Zealand, Finnish. Swedish. It's a nice group, you
will be happy here.

Tweed

Old September 7th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

Shiral wrote:

Guten tag und wilkommen, Bettina.

Oh, Dankeschön Melissa.

A nice old farmhouse sounds like the ideal atmosphere
for your cats, as you appear to have quite a family of them.

I thought so too, when I bought that house, which is located at the
edge of
a really tiny village (appr. 230 people there), but then found out,
that
every road, even small countryside roads can be used for racing. And
that
everywhere are 18-to 60 year old idiots who are not willing to drive
the
allowed tempo. So I lost in 7 years almost every year a cat. And if it
wasn`t one of mine, it was one of my neighbours which I love too.
So I am planning to move the next years. And my next house will be far
away
from every road. For sure.

Oh, and so far, I think your English is very good, but we're a friendly
lot, so don't worry about occasional confusion. =o)

Thank you, and I am looking forward to the occasional confusions as the
people here really are a friendly lot. Might be funny.

All the best to you and Francesca and Nina.

bfn
Bettina

Old September 7th 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

Hi Dan,

thanks for explaining your clowder
(have still to look that one up, must mean "gang", "pack" or so).

What a sweet gang.

What about Harri`s trucking trip with you? I imagine him sitting next
to you
throughout the US. Was he allowed to take the seat? Or had he to stay
in the
cat`s basket?

Some day I will tell the story of our relocation in germany. I had 6
cats in
my car, without cat baskets. It was a tour of 13 hours on german
highways -
where the crazy wannabe-racers are loose.g

What`s the difference between a red tabby and an orange tabby?

bfn
Bettina

Old September 8th 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

thanks for explaining your clowder
(have still to look that one up, must mean "gang", "pack" or so).

Exactly. A clowder is just a collection of cats.

What about Harri`s trucking trip with you? I imagine him sitting next
to you
throughout the US. Was he allowed to take the seat? Or had he to stay
in the
cat`s basket?

Harri got to ride just about anywhere she wanted to (BTW, Harri is
short for Harriet. Confusing, I know). She rode a lot on the
dashboard, sometimes on the passenger seat, and often in the overhead
cabinet in the cab.

What`s the difference between a red tabby and an orange tabby?

None. I just sometimes get careless and switch terms.

Dan
Old September 8th 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

Hi Matthew,

A Hemmingway cat is a knick name for cats with
6 toes on one or more of their feet.

Hey that`s really new to me.
Never heard of cats with 6 toes.
Just read bit on the Internet about them.

And he protected his cats by (or through?) his will.
Good man.

You got that backwards Bettina THEY OWN US ;-)

(Psst-I know, but as a freedom loving aquarius I would never ever admit
it.)

Old September 8th 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

Adrian wrote:
Welcome to the group. It's good to see another poster from Europe. :-)
You may find it usefull to look at the FAQ.
http://www.angelfire.com/mt/yowie/catfaq.htm Specifically 6.3 JARGON

Hi Adrian,

"GOD", I thought, they send me to read the FFAQ, especially the
Jargon-section.I`ve been warned, reading for years that the
usegroup-people
are somewhat peculiar and strict and like to flame and fuss about
things.g

But, wanting to be a part of it I, who never read Faq`s about
Netiquette
because I am online since 1994, first Compuserve then Internet, I know
Netiquette - I went like a good child to read the FAQ.bg

Being a very good child I started with the beginning, not hopping to
6.3
Jargon. And what I found, I have to say, drove me to tears. Expecting
the
worst (i.e. regulations to the max; exact "how to`s" and stuff like
that), I
found the best - unbelievable. People who actually behave like friends.

And who loosen up all the regulations which make the usenet sometimes
so itchy.

People who understand how to create a warm community.
And, of course I laughed a lot in 6.3, which might have been the
original
intention of you.

Thanks Adrian for sending me to that FAQ.

I would suggest to make it downloadable as a zip.

bfn

Old September 8th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

"Lightwell" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Matthew,

A Hemmingway cat is a knick name for cats with
6 toes on one or more of their feet.

Hey that`s really new to me.
Never heard of cats with 6 toes.
Just read bit on the Internet about them.

And he protected his cats by (or through?) his will.
Good man.

You got that backwards Bettina THEY OWN US ;-)

(Psst-I know, but as a freedom loving aquarius I would never ever admit
it.)

laughing but as a LEO I have to admit it here is a picture of the her
http://tinypic.com/2196iyh.jpg

you can see the extra toe in this picture
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=21nqdd0 her name is Ka' Shay which means
Don't Ask