Health and money purrs needed

Old August 4th 07, 02:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

Default Health and money purrs needed

"Exocat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote

Some purrs for both my health and my pocket book would be greatly
appreciated.

Major "let this be something very minor" purrs vibrating across the pond
from me & my lot.

As a pessimist by nature myself I can vouch for the dangers to one's
mental equilibrium of self-researching the causes of a problem & latching
onto the worst cases, so do try & avoid that

If you recall Jerome K Jerome's "Three Men in a Boat" he (J) was something
of a hypochondriac.
One day he obtained a medical dictionary and read it cover-cover,
ascertaining therefrom that he had the symptoms of every single
ailment/injury/disease that it contained EXCEPT Housemaid's Knee. Being
who he was he was indignant that he didn't have that too.

He hightailed it off to his GP & received a prescription. Without reading
it he presented to the Chemist - who fell about laughing & said "you need
a restaurant, not a Chemist, to fill this!"

It was a presecription for a steak dinner.

HTH
Gordon & the FF
(Not that I'm suggesting you're a hypochondriac, of course )

ROTFLMAO! Yes, it did help!!! ;

Thanks Gordon.

Hugs,

CatNipped

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Old August 4th 07, 02:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

"Adrian A" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
snip
Some purrs for both my health and my pocket book would be greatly
appreciated.

Purrs on the way.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Thank you Adrian, the purrs are well appreciated!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 4th 07, 03:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:

Now the really, really bad news. My new insurance only pays for
preventative treatment up to a $1,500 deductible per year and then
after that still only pays a portion of your cost. So I have to pay
for all the testing and all the treatment out of our non-existent
savings!

Some purrs for both my health and my pocket book would be greatly
appreciated.

Purrs for both are on the way. I'm curious, though. Treatment for
anemia doesn't sound "preventative" to me. You have a diagnosis.
Now it's an actual medical condition requiring treatment. This
should include follow-up
lab work required after today's visit, and prescriptions under your
r/x benefit. Have you called the insurance company?

Jill

No, no, I think y'all have it backwards. They pay for *preventative*
treatments (pap, vacs, etc.), but they *don't* pay for treatment for
an illness or disorder!

Hugs,

CatNipped

WTF? Honey, I may not actively sell insurance but I am a licensed agent and
have also dealt with insurance in one form or another most of my life (even
when doing software support). I've never heard of such a policy; that's
just ridiculous! You need to call the insurance company. Look at your
certificate of coverage. Call the number on your insurance ID Card. Surely
you are mistaken!!!!

Jill

Old August 4th 07, 03:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:

[...]

Got it. So you have a huge deductible for normal medical care, other than
preventive. Makes a lot more sense.

Usually a company that does that also has a plan where you can set aside a
part of your pay tax free to cover medical bills.

And I'm an accountant, but for the life of me can't think what it is called.

Jo

Old August 4th 07, 03:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:

[...]

Jill, a lot of these companies are forced by law to cover things like pap
smears and mammograms and prostrate screening, well baby care and shots.
But they will then have a huge deductible before they cover anything else.
Its really a major medical plan with a few fringes.

But there us usually also something in place to help with the deductible.

A lot of people who have to pay for their own insurance can only afford a
major medical policy, often with a $3000 to $5000 deductible but pretty good
coverage after that. Not a lot of help when your kid breaks his arm, but
keeps you from losing the house if you have a heart attack.

More and more employers provide but do not pay entirely for insurance. And
a lot of them will not cover your spouse. They will normally cover your
kids, but you have to pay for that coverage as well.

Jo

Old August 4th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 21:01:33 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 18:34:22 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

From the symptoms I'm having, having looked them up online (I know, bad
idea
since it only scares you more), two possible causes of the severe anemia
are
leukemia or colon cancer.

Now the really, really bad news. My new insurance only pays for
preventative treatment up to a $1,500 deductible per year and then after
that still only pays a portion of your cost. So I have to pay for all the
testing and all the treatment out of our non-existent savings!

Some purrs for both my health and my pocket book would be greatly
appreciated.

Yes, it COULD possibly be something nasty... but you're a woman in
your reproductive years and it's very common for us to be anemic,
sometimes VERY anemeic... so don't jump to the conclusion that you've
got some dire disease sweety - it's probably just the natural
cumulative effects of being a woman and not taking in as much iron as
you're losing every month...

Purrs for all of this to not cost you very much and to have a simple
solution...

LOL! Thank you, but no, it's not that. I'm 55 now and had a complete
hysterectomy when I was 41. Thank you for the purrs, they're very much
appreciated.

I thought you were a bit younger than that... I'm sure it's still
nothing major. Anemia is very common in ALL women. (besides, aren't
you the one who had a gastric bypass over a decade ago? I'm sure that
losing part of your insides inhibits your vitamin/mineral
absorption...)

I'm not sure how treating your anemia could be regarded as
'preventative' treatment - it can be a serious medical condition if
it's neglected!
Old August 4th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Aug 3, 4:34 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
I had scheduled a visit with my doctor because the pain from when I broke my
arm has just continued to worsen over the last year. I've been to several
orthopedists and all they do is take an x-ray and shoot cortisone shots into
my funny bone tendon - yet the pain continues to worsen. I have a feeling
that when I fell, since I was airborne for a second and my right hand was
the first part of my body to hit the cement, that I did more than just
fracture and partially shatter my wrist bone. I think I injured something
in the spinal column of my neck (the pain there is really bad and when I
move my head around it sort of crunches there). Also, not only has the ring
finger of my right hand started feeling funny and numb, but the
corresponding toe on my right foot is feeling the same. Anyway, I thought
I'd see my GP and get him to recommend a neurologist. Besides, I've had
quite a number of other health issues lately.

Since it's been a while since I've seen him, he wanted to do some blood work
before I came in, so I went to have my blood drawn this morning. When I got
home Ben told me that I'd gotten a telephone message from my doctor's nurse
asking me to call her back immediately. I did and she told me that I was
*severely* iron deficient and anemic and my doctor wants me to go back to
the lab first thing Monday morning to have an iron panel and a hemoccult
done. He also wants me to start taking Niferex 3 times a day.

From the symptoms I'm having, having looked them up online (I know, bad idea
since it only scares you more), two possible causes of the severe anemia are
leukemia or colon cancer.

Now the really, really bad news. My new insurance only pays for
preventative treatment up to a $1,500 deductible per year and then after
that still only pays a portion of your cost. So I have to pay for all the
testing and all the treatment out of our non-existent savings!

Some purrs for both my health and my pocket book would be greatly
appreciated.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Yikes. Health and money purrs on the way, CN

Melissa

Old August 4th 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
oldhickory

Purrs and licks on the way and you're now in the multi-cultural,
multi-religious/philosophical prayer shrine.

http://www.davidandmollie.com/shrine/001.jpg

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

Hope I don't get "plonked" or lambasted for this but... I recommend seeing
"Sicko" for a good discussion on health insurance practices in this country.

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

From the symptoms I'm having, having looked them up online (I know, bad

Old August 4th 07, 06:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

wrote:

"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 18:34:22 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

From the symptoms I'm having, having looked them up online (I know, bad
[...]

I take loads and loads of vitamins to compensate. It was done about 4 years
ago, after they'd had decades to study the effects so they gave me careful
instructions of what to take.

I'm not sure how treating your anemia could be regarded as
'preventative' treatment - it can be a serious medical condition if
it's neglected!

It's not preventative, that's the problem - my insurance will pay for
preventative but not for treatment of an existing illness or condition (I
must have stated this badly in my original post to give everyone the wrong
idea).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 4th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:

[...]

Nope! More and more companies are going with this type of insurance (my
doctor's office even has it). They call it "consumer oriented, high
deductible" - but there's nothing consumer oriented about it. They claim
that it "encourages" people to try and prevent illness to lower overall
costs of healthcare. But there's just some things that aren't preventable
(as in what do you do if your child falls and breaks his arm? You pay $3000
out of pocket, that's what!!!).

Hugs,

CatNipped