Singer Boyle reaches Talent final

Old May 25th 09, 10:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default Singer Boyle reaches Talent final

Scottish singer Susan Boyle has secured a place in the final of ITV's
Britain's Got Talent, after performing live on television for the first
time.

To bring it on topic, she sang, Memory from the musical, Cats. :-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old May 25th 09, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Adrian wrote:
Scottish singer Susan Boyle has secured a place in the final of ITV's
Britain's Got Talent, after performing live on television for the first
time.

To bring it on topic, she sang, Memory from the musical, Cats. :-)

I tried to find it on the TV and computer but the only thing I could
bring up was the previous show. She is extraordinary and she is "tops".
MLB
Old May 25th 09, 07:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MLB" wrote in message
Adrian wrote:
Scottish singer Susan Boyle has secured a place in the final of ITV's
Britain's Got Talent, after performing live on television for the first
time.

To bring it on topic, she sang, Memory from the musical, Cats. :-)

I tried to find it on the TV and computer but the only thing I could bring
up was the previous show. She is extraordinary and she is "tops".
MI

I missed her the 1st time, but what a talent I saw.
It seems that some people think she is not attractive to look at. How does
that matter?

She has the most amazing and beautiful voice.
I wish I could sing like that.

Tweed

Old May 25th 09, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On May 25, 11:44*am, MLB wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Scottish singer Susan Boyle has secured a place in the final of ITV's
Britain's Got Talent, after performing live on television for the first
time.

To bring it on topic, she sang, Memory from the musical, Cats. :-)

I tried to find it on the TV and computer but the only thing I could
bring up was the previous show. *She is extraordinary and she is "tops"..
MLB

It's on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Ayk9G7-sc

She's amazing, and *that* is my favorite song from the show.
Old May 25th 09, 08:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

MLB wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Scottish singer Susan Boyle has secured a place in the final of ITV's
Britain's Got Talent, after performing live on television for the
first time.

To bring it on topic, she sang, Memory from the musical, Cats. :-)

I tried to find it on the TV and computer but the only thing I could
bring up was the previous show. She is extraordinary and she is "tops".
MLB

Don't get me started on what passes for "talent", these days! Aside
from her unfortunate appearance (couldn't she at least TRY to improve
her grooming?) she has a mediocre voice which might or might not profit
from a few lessons with a qualified voice teacher. Given a choice
between her and most current pop "singers", I'd probably prefer to
listen to her. (However, that's not saying much, since I'd prefer
silence to either!)
Old May 25th 09, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
"MLB" wrote in message
Adrian wrote:
Scottish singer Susan Boyle has secured a place in the final of ITV's
Britain's Got Talent, after performing live on television for the first
time.

To bring it on topic, she sang, Memory from the musical, Cats. :-)

I tried to find it on the TV and computer but the only thing I could bring
up was the previous show. She is extraordinary and she is "tops".
MI

I missed her the 1st time, but what a talent I saw.
It seems that some people think she is not attractive to look at. How does
that matter?

She has the most amazing and beautiful voice.
I wish I could sing like that.

Tweed

Practically anyone who can carry a tune CAN!!!! The only thing
"amazing" about her voice is the chutpzah that allows her to display it
in public. To call it "beautiful" is profound overstatement, and
indicates you have not heard any TRULY beautiful voices (which is
possible, considering what gets recorded as "professional" singing these
days).
Old May 25th 09, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Don't get me started on what passes for "talent", these days! Aside
from her unfortunate appearance (couldn't she at least TRY to improve
her grooming?) she has a mediocre voice which might or might not profit
from a few lessons with a qualified voice teacher. Given a choice
between her and most current pop "singers", I'd probably prefer to
listen to her. (However, that's not saying much, since I'd prefer
silence to either!)

She's not an opera singer, Evelyn, so if that's what you're comparing
her to, of course she won't measure up. She has a different style of
singing, so you're comparing apples to oranges.

Grooming? She looked perfectly clean and neat to me.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old May 25th 09, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Christina Websell wrote:
"MLB" wrote in message
Adrian wrote:
[...]

I can't help but wonder what your voice sounds like. Your written words
sound like sour grapes.....
MLB
Old May 25th 09, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl P.[_2_]

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Practically anyone who can carry a tune CAN!!!! The only thing
"amazing" about her voice is the chutpzah that allows her to display it
in public. To call it "beautiful" is profound overstatement, and
indicates you have not heard any TRULY beautiful voices (which is
possible, considering what gets recorded as "professional" singing these
days).

Could you be specific about what's missing for those of us who are not
trained musicians? She certainsly sounds dramatically different (and to
me, better) than a great many other singers, including many professionals.

I also doubt what you said elsewhere, about anyone being able to learn
to sing like that. I couldn't. I can carry a tune, especially if someone
else sings along or plays a piano, and the melody isn't too difficult. I
can quite often hit the right notes, if the music isn't too hard and I
get some help. But I can't sing like she can. I don't have the volume,
or the fullness of the sound. I also don't know the right technical
music terms to discuss this topic, alas.

Cheryl
Old May 25th 09, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Cheryl P. wrote:

Could you be specific about what's missing for those of us who are not
trained musicians? She certainsly sounds dramatically different (and to
me, better) than a great many other singers, including many professionals.

I also doubt what you said elsewhere, about anyone being able to learn
to sing like that. I couldn't. I can carry a tune, especially if someone
else sings along or plays a piano, and the melody isn't too difficult. I
can quite often hit the right notes, if the music isn't too hard and I
get some help. But I can't sing like she can. I don't have the volume,
or the fullness of the sound. I also don't know the right technical
music terms to discuss this topic, alas.

I agree. I do think every hearing person can *improve* their singing, even
people who can't carry a tune. That doesn't mean we're all gifted, though.
I have two friends - both of them are in my singing group. One has had years
and years of training and hard work. Her skills are obvious, she has excellent
control, and she can do a lot with her voice. But her voice is not beautiful
(at least, not to me). She is a skilled singer, and I admire that, but I
don't really enjoy listening to her sing. Friend #2 has a true gift from
God in her voice. She's also well-trained, but I actually don't think she's
worked nearly as hard at developing her voice as friend #1. She hasn't had
to - she's one of those people who opened her mouth to sing as a young child,
and had the whole family entranced. And no matter what friend #1 does to
improve her singing, she will never sound anywhere near as beautiful as
friend #2.

We can improve, but that doesn't mean we don't have limits.

I used to wish I had one of those beautiful, angelic, "like a bell" kinds
of singing voices. These days, though, I think I'd enjoy having a quirky
voice with personality. I still have a lot to learn about technique, though,
so my voice suffers, as yours does, from lack of volume and fullness. I
have a good ear and can blend well, so I'm fine in choruses. I prefer
working with others anyway because what excites me the most about music
is harmonic arrangements.

--
Joyce ^..^

ot CAT SHOW ON AMERICAN GOT TALENT Matthew Cat anecdotes 7 June 14th 07 04:27 PM
Final FINAL Mooch Fan Club list Bobcat Cat anecdotes 1 October 11th 06 06:26 PM
Bandit's talent(?) Exocat Cat anecdotes 46 September 5th 04 08:44 PM
Such Talent! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 28 May 4th 04 09:26 PM
Snowball reaches 1 Exocat Cat anecdotes 10 March 25th 04 07:09 PM