Mom! [Somewhat OT]

Old November 21st 04, 04:43 AM
Takayuki

"CatNipped" wrote:

Now, I have had one of my "Prissy" stories published in a real live book,
"The Cats of Our Lives", edited by Franklin Dohanyos (you can still buy it
on Amazon.com - ISBN 1-55972-487-0), "Prissy Adopts a Duck", page 171.

You would think that, with that affirmation, it wouldn't bother me that my
cat-hating mom didn't like my stories, but it still stings.

Concatulations! I did like the one about the duckling, and I know
you've always wanted to get them published.

I wouldn't worry about what your mom said. If she doesn't like cats,
I don't think she could like stories about an especially naughty cat.

Old November 21st 04, 04:57 AM
Tanada

Sherry wrote:

I once pointed out to my half sister that she'd never said anything
complimentary about me. She paused for about a minute or so (felt like
hours) then said "you produce beautiful babies."

Do we have the same sister, by any chance? Mine is the queen of double-sworded
compliments. Most recent was, "You look great. Did you get a Wonder Bra?"

Sherry

Mine wouldn't have been that nice. This is the woman who had a fit
because I bought Jason's baby clothes at places like goodwill, Kmart,
and Sears. She told me that I was raising him to think he was supposed
to live in poverty for all of his life. She tried to turn me in for
child abuse and was told by CPS that you can't do that. Unfortunately
they told her what you can turn someone into CPS for.

Years later she bought Amanda a dress at Nordstroms, made in a sweatshop
in Equador that cost $80. This is for the kid who thinks dresses are
evil and should be burned. Said child was four at the time. I later
gave the dress to Rob's sister. I think Mandy wore it three times.

Pam S.

Old November 21st 04, 05:25 AM
Sherry

Mine wouldn't have been that nice. This is the woman who had a fit
because I bought Jason's baby clothes at places like goodwill, Kmart,
and Sears. She told me that I was raising him to think he was supposed
to live in poverty for all of his life. She tried to turn me in for
child abuse and was told by CPS that you can't do that. Unfortunately
they told her what you can turn someone into CPS for.

Years later she bought Amanda a dress at Nordstroms, made in a sweatshop
in Equador that cost $80. This is for the kid who thinks dresses are
evil and should be burned. Said child was four at the time. I later
gave the dress to Rob's sister. I think Mandy wore it three times.

Pam S.

You go, girl. You're teaching them frugality and recycling, which are lessons
that will benefit them FAR LONGER than an $80 garment will. Besides, what's
wrong with teaching them to live in poverty? It might come in handy someday.
Like me. I know how to be poor. I can stretch a buck. I don't like it, but if I
ever had to do it again, I could.

Sherry

Old November 21st 04, 06:00 AM
gracecat

"Sherry " wrote in message
Sorry, I'll get off my rant now (it seems to be the week for rants!!).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Sorry, but I am absolutely laughing. Not at you, but you made me wonder

what my
*father* would say if he read this group. He hates cats. He blames the

cats on
every affliction or illness we have. But Bast got the last word: The *very

last
thing* my grandmother said to him before she died was, "Take care of my

cat."
And he did, LOL, for eight years. It was an outdoor kitty, but STILL!!!
Sherry

Eve helped cats win Jody over. She packed around our sassycat who I was
working to keep her inside and let her be inside 100%. She kept going out
though for the most part, in spite of hell.

Well...It happened, she was run over. Abi was unconsolible, horribly upset.
So was I. Eve of course, was clueless. Jody and I had been having alot of
problems, I had filed for divorce and was waiting for papers to be served.
It was a time of hell. The next week Jody suggested getting a new outside
kitty for Abi. I put my foot down. No, we had tried it with my firend's cat
who had to go home and now Sassy. Forget it, I'm done unless the cat can
come in and stay. No discussions, no arguments no compromise on this issue.
It had been one of which we had fought over and were fighting about. The
next day I was up at PetsMart staring at this gorgeous silver tabby with
seagreen eyes. She had been in a cage for three months and slated to be
turned into a barn cat because she was unadoptable. She gently bites when
she wants attention and is ignored. Nor did she appear to wish to be held.
She'd love you to pet her, but don't hold her, at all... Well, she came
home, been inside ever since and Eve packed her around for two weeks or so
before she was gone. Jody loves that cat because Eve loved Luna. Jody cried
when Sassy was gone because of the same... Our daughters lost their best
friend they shared.

We're a house of five now. Glitter joined our ranks on November the 1st as
the resident black pain in the kitten ass. Jody discovered the joy of laser
play this morning. And calls Glitter a junkie for dragging a plastic baggie
of 'nip all over the bathroom floor. It's funny as hell. Our bedroom and the
guest bathroom doors face each other so I'll see two tails, one black one
grey slink into the bathroom where the catnip is still pleasantly strewn
about when a few minutes later comes the running of the bulls through the
living room. Back and forth. Mutt just grunts under the covers because more
times than not if I'm not cooking, or actively cleaning I'm in the bedroom,
and most of the time in the bed itself, Mutt sticks with me 100% of the
time. (Don't worry about Abi, she's been spending alot of time with her
cousins and doing sleepovers., or she's at school... It's not like Mom is
smoking in bed drinking hard liquor to pass out and stuff )

:hugs
Love ya'll
Gracie

Old November 21st 04, 06:29 AM
Marina

gracecat wrote:

"Sherry " wrote in message

[...]

Glad to hear Mutt is taking such good care of you, and you have two of
the Superior Species to amuse you. Take care!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 21st 04, 06:55 AM
gracecat

Luna has a black collar with silver moons on it. Glitter's collar is a
sparkly silver that matches her pitch black fur so beautifully. When Abi saw
the collar, she announced her name was Glitter. Glitter started as a
Magnolia or Maggi for short because on November the 1st, All Saints Day, our
magnolia tree given in memory of Eve bloomed that morning, the same morning
I adopted Glitter. But Abi was adament it was a glitter and Glitter she is.
Glitter is a 6 year old black female that I visited on a weekly basis in
October. Nov 1st, an hour after opening I was up at the cages asking if she
could come home. She was supposed to be let go on the 2nd but they let her
go since I was up there so much and had adopted Luna previously.

They settled in quite nicely, no sneezing no coughing an no hacking on
family members part. Mutt is less tolerable of Glitter than she is of Luna.
I wish they felt comfortable enough to come into the bedroom but Jody and
Mutt both drew a solid line at the door that demands DO NOT ENTER. Of
course, Luna and I ignored Jody, I installed a heated window perch and
birdseed feeders outside the window. And Mutt's ok as long as she's under
the covers, doesn't have to see them and they stay absolutely perfectly
silent at all times. Failure to adhere to certain rules will result in an
immediate removal from the bedroom .

Grace
"Sherry " wrote in message
Grace, congratulations on Glitter! What a beautiful name. I don't think

I"ve
ever heard that one before.

Sherry