OT - Poor Ben!

Old December 11th 11, 05:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default OT - Poor Ben!

First you have to know that Ben has never met a broken appliance or
anything else that he's been unable to fix. The man could fix a rainy
day. Well, he got the new glass for my cell phone and started taking
out the 300 micro-miniature screws to disassemble it. During all this
he accidentally clipped a cable that completely "severed" the chance of
his ever fixing it at all. He was *DEVASTATED*. He came down into my
room on the verge of tears, saying, "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry I broke
your phone". No Ben, this was the phone that I dropped on the concrete
and shattered. Besides, how many times have I told all and sundry how
much i *HATED* this stupid phone. Besides, on December 21, our T-Mobile
contract is up and the *free* phones are light-years ahead of my current
2-year-old piece of crap.

But it was just such a new experience for him, and it wasn't something
of his own, it was mine, and he still feels like he's got to fix it
somehow - to make amends for something that was in no way his fault. I
hugged him, I reminded him how much I hated that stupid phone and could
I take the remains and stomp on them some, kissed him and tried to make
him feel better. I just hope it hasn't dashed his enthusiasm for fixing
things - I have a *very* expensive microwave that I'd like to use
downstairs if he can fix it (I think he's waiting because it needs an
$85 part that we just can't afford for the next few months (or maybe not
even in the foreseeable future. But I can live without a microwave
downstairs (there's one in the kitchen upstairs, but I can't climb the
stairs). But I can make do with my toaster-oven.

Please send a few purrs that Ben can get his self-confidence back and
quit feeling so bad about something that was no his fault?
--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old December 11th 11, 07:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs are on the way.

--
Joy

(Select whatever is appropriate) Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy
Holidays, Merry Mandelbrot, Happy Winter Solstice, Happy Kwanzaa and Happy
New Year to all!

Old December 11th 11, 04:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shylock

On Dec 11, 12:15*am, CatNipped wrote:
[...]

See all our masters at: *http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", *maintained by Mark Edwards, at:http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Email: *L(dot)T(dot)Crews(at)comcast(dot)net

.. . . . . . Put the “$85.00” part on the credit card; wrap it really
nice for a pre-Christmas present for him. Guess what your post
Christmas present will be . . .

Now for your part: Learn these words and as a poem, say them to him at
present presentation moment, however, if you can sing do it, baby, do
it ! !- before you lose a good man ?

You can “mute” this for just the words:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NthIU...eature=related
This is for you to learn the tune:
http://www.mp3lyrics.org/e/elvis-pre...t-me-be-there/

Truth will set you free jhn
Old December 11th 11, 05:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shylock

On Dec 11, 11:46*am, Shylock wrote:
[...]

Truth will set you free jhn- Hide quoted text -

Old December 11th 11, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shylock

[...]

.. . . oops: this is the one i meant for you to hear for the tune:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXiNsmwuEyo
Old December 11th 11, 05:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 12/11/2011 10:46 AM, Shylock wrote:
On Dec 11, 12:15 am, wrote:
[...]

I would, but seriously, we're not having a Christmas this year - we
can't even afford to buy presents for the grandchildren! We have
exactly $196.65 in our checking account (nothing in savings, of course)
until my disability check comes in January.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Poor Francis: Poor Me wafflycat[_2_] Cat anecdotes 22 August 1st 08 10:54 PM
funny pictu that poor poor kitty Nadia N. Cat anecdotes 11 June 1st 08 06:17 AM
Poor Imp..... Mischief Cat anecdotes 9 February 26th 07 08:24 PM
Poor Dan ... Mary Cat health & behaviour 6 July 11th 05 04:45 PM
Poor, poor Buster Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 17 September 11th 04 11:33 PM