OT-Noise Maker

Old May 27th 04, 08:08 PM
Bob M

Default OT-Noise Maker

Hey all,

I know Christmas is a long way off but I like to start shopping
early. Anyway I have 2 nephews belonging to 2 different brothers of
mine. One is 3 and the other is 2. Being single and not having kids, I
thought it would be fun to buy the 3 year old a set of drums for
Christmas. Much to my brother's dismay, my nephew loves them. And they
make a lot of noise. Well this year it's the 2 yoa's turn. My other
brother says I will be banned from his house (not really) if his son
gets drums too. So instead of drums, what else can I get him that makes
a lot of noise? I thought of a kiddie guitar with a loud amplifier but
I'm open to any ideas. Actually this is going to be more fun than I
thought it would.

Bob
--
Somewhere in Texas a village is missing it's idiot.
ANYONE but Bush in 2004!
Old May 27th 04, 08:39 PM
Margaret Fine

Bob M wrote:

Hey all,

I know Christmas is a long way off but I like to start shopping
early. Anyway I have 2 nephews belonging to 2 different brothers of
mine. One is 3 and the other is 2. Being single and not having kids, I
thought it would be fun to buy the 3 year old a set of drums for
Christmas. Much to my brother's dismay, my nephew loves them. And they
make a lot of noise. Well this year it's the 2 yoa's turn. My other
brother says I will be banned from his house (not really) if his son
gets drums too. So instead of drums, what else can I get him that makes
a lot of noise? I thought of a kiddie guitar with a loud amplifier but
I'm open to any ideas. Actually this is going to be more fun than I
thought it would.

Bob

I did the exact same thing. After the drum set I got my niece a little
electric piano. It was toddler sized and had a little plastic bench
that went with it. She could play it on her own or it would play pre
programmed songs. I got it at JC Penney's for about $30. It was an
extraordinarily good buy and held up well for a couple of years until
she outgrew it. And best of all annoyed the heck out of my brother who
had to sit through rehearsals and concerts every night for months. :-)
I TOLD him pay back would be rough. :-)
--
Margaret Fine

Old May 27th 04, 08:43 PM
Sherry

So instead of drums, what else can I get him that makes
a lot of noise? I thought of a kiddie guitar with a loud amplifier but
I'm open to any ideas. Actually this is going to be more fun than I
thought it would.

Bob

Oh, man. The possibilities. For a 2-year-old, any rhythm instrument would be
great. A tambourine. A kazoo would be guaranteed to send your brother and his
wife straight over the edge. And idiot relative of ours bought our son a
bullhorn when he was 3. I don't recommend it. Other gifts very unpopular with
parents are Play-Doh and finger paints.

Sherry