OT-Noise Maker

Old May 28th 04, 03:34 AM
Sherry

I once bought a nephew [then about 3] Play-Doh and his mother actually
liked that [she had things sorted out to control any mess].

Yeah, well, I suspect she was just being gracious. The thing about Play-Doh is,
you blink your eyes, and bingo! It's ground into the carpet and impossible to
get out.

Sherry

Old May 28th 04, 04:11 AM
Sam Nash

"Bob M" wrote in message
Hey all,

I know Christmas is a long way off but I like to start shopping
early. Anyway I have 2 nephews belonging to 2 different brothers of
mine. One is 3 and the other is 2. Being single and not having kids, I
thought it would be fun to buy the 3 year old a set of drums for
Christmas. Much to my brother's dismay, my nephew loves them. And they
make a lot of noise. Well this year it's the 2 yoa's turn. My other
brother says I will be banned from his house (not really) if his son
gets drums too. So instead of drums, what else can I get him that makes
a lot of noise? I thought of a kiddie guitar with a loud amplifier but
I'm open to any ideas. Actually this is going to be more fun than I
thought it would.

Bob
--
Somewhere in Texas a village is missing it's idiot.
ANYONE but Bush in 2004!

A harmonica? Small, inexpensive, highly portable - "music" wherever the kid
goes
Sam

Old May 28th 04, 04:19 AM
O J

On Thu, 27 May, Bob M wrote:

Hey all,

I know Christmas is a long way off but I like to start shopping
early. Anyway I have 2 nephews belonging to 2 different brothers of
mine. One is 3 and the other is 2. Being single and not having kids, I
thought it would be fun to buy the 3 year old a set of drums for
Christmas. Much to my brother's dismay, my nephew loves them. And they
make a lot of noise. Well this year it's the 2 yoa's turn. My other
brother says I will be banned from his house (not really) if his son
gets drums too. So instead of drums, what else can I get him that makes
a lot of noise? I thought of a kiddie guitar with a loud amplifier but
I'm open to any ideas. Actually this is going to be more fun than I
thought it would.

Bob

My parents bought me a drum set when I was three (I am the oldest
child -- they didn't know any better). They had their choice of an
inexpensive set with a metal drumhead or a more costly set with a
standard drumhead. They figured the metal one would last longer so
that was the choice they made. They soon figured out that a drum with
a metal drumhead is unlikely to break on its own. No wonder the
standard one was more!

My mother told me this story when I was an adult. Along with the
part about my father "accidentally" stepping on it.

Regards and Purrs,
O J