OT - some people have no brains

Old October 2nd 04, 06:41 PM
Yoj

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote
in message ...
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...=news.quirkies

Baby's name sounds rude

A Bedford couple named their baby son Drew Peacock before realising it

sounded
rude.

The baby's father Russell said he only twigged it when he put it in an

internet
search engine looking for famous namesakes, and was asked: Do you mean

Droopy
C**k?

"It was as if I'd been smacked with a right hook. I started repeating

'Drew
Peacock' over and over again. Then I thought - what have we done?

"I went numb and couldn't speak for two minutes. Then I couldn't stop
laughing."

Mother Shetal Patel had also failed to spot their error despite being

registrar's assistant, says The Sun.

She said: "I thought Russell had seen a ghost when he came away from

the
computer. We decided on the name a month before he was born - we both

loved it
straight away."

The couple are now concerned Drew's name will cause him problems in

later life.

Russell said: "People at work are already saying, 'Hey, look there's

Droopy's
dad'. But we don't want to change his name. It's on his birth

certificate and
other documents."

Some people have no brains...

Cheers, helen s

Maybe some people just don't have dirty enough minds. I couldn't see
anything wrong with the name until I read the article. I can easily
understand why the parents didn't think of that.

Joy

Old October 2nd 04, 07:53 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 17:41:14 GMT, "Yoj"
wrote:

Maybe some people just don't have dirty enough minds. I couldn't see
anything wrong with the name until I read the article. I can easily
understand why the parents didn't think of that.

I'm like you, I didn't catch it when I first read it. OTOH, schoolkids
can tease unmercilessly, and all it takes is one kid to catch on and
the teasing would follow him the rest of his life.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old October 2nd 04, 09:27 PM
Christina Websell

wrote:

Maybe some people just don't have dirty enough minds. I couldn't see
anything wrong with the name until I read the article. I can easily
understand why the parents didn't think of that.

I'm like you, I didn't catch it when I first read it. OTOH, schoolkids
can tease unmercilessly, and all it takes is one kid to catch on and
the teasing would follow him the rest of his life.
--
Steve Touchstone,

It's definitely much worse than Teresa Green.
I'd be inclined to change his name. If they like both the names they could
swap them to the other way round. Peacock Drew.
(although I really can't see why anyone should want to call their child
"Peacock" at all.)
Maybe it's just me, but I think that naming a child is a serious business as
what you decide will stay with them for the rest of their life.
Aaargh. So stop naming your children Peacock, Romeo, Peaches, and so. Give
them proper names that they will be proud of and won't make others s******
at them for the rest of their life. What's that stupid name a pop star
called his child? Something Tigerlily?
I think they must be "on something."

Tweed

Old October 2nd 04, 11:54 PM
jmcquown

*speechless*

Jeanette

It's the way they've now realised the name is opening their child up
to years of ridicule at school & work, yet they aren't going to
change his name...

Cheers, helen s

I agree completely! I worked with a woman whose daughter went to school
with twins. Lemonjello and Oranjello (I kid you not - like Jell-O!). I
didn't even know those kids and still made fun of them.

Those parents need to change the childs name before they acquire even MORE
documents with the ridiculous moniker on them.

Jill

**$om $

--Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel is
switched off--

Old October 3rd 04, 12:57 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"jmcquown" had some very interesting things
to say about OT - some people have no brains:

I agree completely! I worked with a woman whose daughter went to school
with twins. Lemonjello and Oranjello (I kid you not - like Jell-O!). I
didn't even know those kids and still made fun of them.

Are you sure you weren't being put on? Snopes thinks that pair of
names is an urban legend. See
http://www.snopes.com/racial/language/names.htm

Some People Adrian Cat anecdotes 27 September 28th 04 01:08 PM
[OT] Attn UK People: O- and A-Levels? David Stevenson Cat anecdotes 2 August 11th 04 04:49 PM
The Kittens and the Soldiers Bev Cat anecdotes 108 May 17th 04 02:13 AM