Finding "the pee spot"

Old August 5th 03, 11:58 PM
Jennifer Thompson

Default Finding "the pee spot"

Hi all,

Haven't posted here in years....but anyway, I have question
for you kind folks.

I accidentally locked my female, Bonnie, in my closet for
the whole day. Didn't realize it until she started wailing
and scratching that evening when I returned home from work.
*sigh*

That was several days ago, and now *the smell* has started,
which tells me she peed in the closet whilst trapped - it
just didn't start to get smelly until now.

I have cleared out the closet, but cannot see any obvious
stain in the carpet. So I can't tell where she actually did
the deed. I know I can treat the spot with Nature's Miracle
once I find it, but I certainly can't douse the entire floor
of the closet with the stuff.

I've heard about using a black light or something to make
the pee glow? Is that true? Any advice for me here? My
closet is reeking now!

Thanks for any help!

Jennifer,
Bonnie (15 yr old DLH Tuxedo),
and
Sylvester (14 yr old DSH Tuxedo)

Old August 6th 03, 02:28 AM

I have cleared out the closet, but cannot
see any obvious stain in the carpet. So I
can't tell where she actually did the
deed.

You can find the spot using a blacklight or do it the old fashioned way,
on your hands and knees sniffing for the smell. :-)

I know I can treat the spot with Nature's
Miracle once I find it, but I certainly can't
douse the entire floor of the closet with
the stuff.

IMO Nature's Miracle is not a great product and often needs to be
applied several times to successfully remove odors. A much better one is
Petzyme Cat Stain and Odor Remover, which can be purchased at Petsmart.
It works remarkably well and is very reasonably priced at about $11-$12
a gallon.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old August 6th 03, 03:39 AM
Sherry

do it the old fashioned
way, on your hands and knees sniffing for the smell. :-)

Blech. I hope I'm never reduced to this.

ROFL! Somewhere between all the health problems and surgeries I have had, I
have completely lost my sense of smell. I realized this when I was loving on
the dog, and my DH walked up and started gagging and informed he had rolled in
a dead skunk. So now I am *completely and utterly* paranoid about odor in the
house.

Sherry

Old August 6th 03, 03:51 AM
Cheryl

In ,
Sherry composed with style:
do it the old fashioned
way, on your hands and knees sniffing for the smell. :-)

Blech. I hope I'm never reduced to this.

ROFL!

^^^^^^ You should see the goofy animated emoticon OEQuoteFix puts
for that. Made me giggle.

Somewhere between all the health problems and surgeries I
have had, I have completely lost my sense of smell. I realized this
when I was loving on the dog, and my DH walked up and started
gagging and informed he had rolled in a dead skunk. So now I am
*completely and utterly* paranoid about odor in the house.

Sherry

Ugh. I can't imagine you didn't smell skunk. lol You should feel
good about that cos who cares what others smell when you don't have
to.

Old August 6th 03, 04:02 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Sherry " wrote in message
do it the old fashioned
way, on your hands and knees sniffing for the smell. :-)

Blech. I hope I'm never reduced to this.

ROFL! Somewhere between all the health problems and surgeries I have had,

have completely lost my sense of smell. I realized this when I was loving

on
the dog, and my DH walked up and started gagging and informed he had

rolled in
a dead skunk. So now I am *completely and utterly* paranoid about odor in

the
house.

Sherry

Hey, another one! ;-) I lost my sense of smell a couple of Christmases ago,
when I had a whopping great cold. I didn't realize it till a couple of
weeks later when I was in Body & Bath, shopping for my niece's b'day, &
couldn't smell *anything* when I opened 2 of the bottles! Went home &
sniffed vinegar & bleach - nothing at all. Went to an ENT, who checked to
make sure nothing awful - like a brain tumor - was causing it, then he sent
me to a sensory clinic. Got tested for it - tons & tons of samples tested;
~80% gone. A *little* more has returned in the last year or so (I was told
that if it's going to return, it'll do so within two years; after that it's
probably a lost cause), but what I do have is mostly aberrant. I used to
love the smell of beebalm/monarda, for example, which grows in my garden -
but now it smells icky. Can't smell most bad stuff at all, but can't smell
most good stuff, either: lilies & roses, newly-cut grass, for example -
nada. Btw - I can smell skunk just a little - barely a whiff - but it has
a faintly sweet odor now. Not recognizable as "skunk", at all. I just hope
to heaven my garbage doesn't get stinky before garbage night each week -
could be embarrassing visitors, 'cause I'd never know it!

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon