[OT] OE help?

Old April 23rd 05, 11:10 AM
Yowie

Default [OT] OE help?

OK,

New PC has old HD installed (yay). I haven't lost all my pictures and I
didn't need to burn lots of disks. I even managed to retreive my old e-mails
and the old e-mail folders I had. So far so good.

Now, what I can't figure is how to retrieve and import / re-install all the
mail accounts I had, and the mail rules I had because of all the accounts
(because I used it to check Joel's e-mail addy, the shmoggleberry addy, the
yowie addy , sort the yowie addy into Catslaves mail, other Yahoo group
mail, etc etc)

All the files are still on the old drive, I just need to know which ones I
need to copy and where I need to put them in the new PC. The old PC was W98,
the new one is WXP, if that helps.

Its not a *major* tragedy if I can't do it, I got my address book, and my
photos, and the rest of the crud in "My documents"... I may lose some
applications, but on the pictures are the most important (Can't lose the
precious Yowlet pics!), followed by the address book.

Thanks,

Yowie

Old April 23rd 05, 12:18 PM
Bridget

OK, all of the things you are talking about are in files. The files
have names (duh). Assuming you are using the same program as before,
the file names are the same as before, but they may be in a different
location than in the original computer. Search the new computer for the
file name and then copy the old file over the new file (which doesn't
have your stuff in it yet). That is how you get the old files into the
new computer program. Leastwise it is how I did it.

Bridget