Help! Tiny Tabby

Old August 25th 04, 03:47 PM
jmcquown

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
Gotta remember that Tallulah's kitten has been pampered, while this
guy has had it very rough. When we adopted Lizzie from the local
shelter, they said she was 7-8 months old. After giving her a good
once over, I think she was closer to 1-1.5 years. She had been a
stray and was very skinny (had almost no fat pocket on her belly).
One month here and she filled out very nicely.

Weeble was HUGE at 4 weeks (vet tech said that he was the size of most
8-week-olds she'd seen), but the FF were tiny (by comparison) when I
got them at 6 weeks. Still healthy, but much smaller than the
Weebster.

True; this little one is scrawny. A major cutey, but still scrawny. I
never said I was a good judge of kitten age; I never had a kitten! Was just
looking at it being oh, 5 inches long in body and with a really big looking
head for the body and thinking this must be a really young'un Still
young, even if he/she is 6 months old.

Jill

"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
O J wrote:
Jill wrote in alt.binaries.pictures.animals

Subject: Terrified Feral Grey Tabby Kitten

This little cat is afraid of me. I found it on my patio yesterday
morning. I'm trying to figure out how to trap it and get it to a
no-kill shelter. In the meantime, it paused while running from me
long enough to cringe and let me snap this pic. Poor little thing
is so scrawny. But so cute! I hope I can catch it and have
someone socialize it and give it a good home.

Jill

What a sweet little face! Hope you have good luck with finding it a
forever home.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

Didn't occur to me until early this morning to post the photo on
alt.binaries.pictures.animals! Thanks for pointing that out here

And yes, such a sweet little face. BIG eyes and fuzzy ears. Poor
little thing. I hope I can trap it and find it a good place to be
socialized and given a good home. I haven't seen it again today
(and I did go out and comb
through my overgrown wet monkey-grass) looking for it.

Elain from the House of Mews thinks it's maybe 6 months old. That
seems a bit extreme to me since it doesn't look nearly as big as
Tallulah's kitten Hubert to me.

Jill

Old August 26th 04, 02:07 AM
Mary

"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
jmcquown wrote:
I stepped out on my patio this morning to dump the dregs of the
parrot seed for the birds and there was a tiny grey tabby
Jill

I managed to snag a photo of it after the rain stopped. It was running

from
me and huddled between my fence and my garbage can. I don't feel like
starting an album for this little critter so if you want to see it, please
email me.

Note: it was older than I thought, just scrawny as can be. Once I snapped
the pic it managed to scrabble up over the short fence and run off. Don't
know if it will be back or not.

Jill

Where is the photo?

Old August 26th 04, 03:03 AM

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 01:07:35 GMT, "Mary" wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
jmcquown wrote:
I stepped out on my patio this morning to dump the dregs of the
parrot seed for the birds and there was a tiny grey tabby
Jill

I managed to snag a photo of it after the rain stopped. It was running

from
me and huddled between my fence and my garbage can. I don't feel like
starting an album for this little critter so if you want to see it, please
email me.

Note: it was older than I thought, just scrawny as can be. Once I snapped
the pic it managed to scrabble up over the short fence and run off. Don't
know if it will be back or not.

Jill

Where is the photo?

alt.binaries.pictures.animals
under the heading
Terrified Feral Grey Tabby Kitten

Old August 26th 04, 05:54 AM
Mary

wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 01:07:35 GMT, "Mary" wrote:

alt.binaries.pictures.animals
under the heading
Terrified Feral Grey Tabby Kitten

Ahh, bummer. I deleted all the messages there due
to a flood. I'll try Google after a while. Thanks.