B & C - and Daddy Duck

Old October 30th 03, 11:13 PM
Bev

Default B & C - and Daddy Duck

I went through the back gate and walked under the poplars to look at the
creek. It's almost duckling time and Daddy Drake was patrolling up and
down the waterway.

I turned around. B & C were creeping through the grass behind me
towards the creek. They are petrified of water, perhaps they remember
their unintended swims in the wash-house tub. Scared kitties walk in a
slow motion way. It's a bit like a dance. One paw up, hesitate, sniff,
paw down, stop, a step to the right, stop, sniff, sit down. Sniff.
Stand up, repeat the process. Behind them lurched FSP - she reckons
anywhere I go is safe for her. She began winding herself around my legs
and meowing. B & C continued their slow progress right up to the high
bank leading down to the water. Then they saw Daddy Drake - yikes. I
thought their eyes were going to pop out. Was it a bird, was it a mad
cat in the water, what was it?

Daddy Duck suddenly got sick of the whole thing. He made a frightful
noise with wing flapping on the water and quacking. B & C thought their
last moments had come. They jumped at least a metre into the air and
took off running. FSP didn't budge, she hadn't even noticed Daddy
Duck! Persians!

Bev
--
God may have created man before woman but there is always a rough draft
before the masterpiece.
Old October 30th 03, 11:33 PM
polonca12000

Great story, Bev! Thanks.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

snip Daddy Duck suddenly got sick of the whole thing. He made a

Old October 30th 03, 11:51 PM
Gizela

tee hee hee

Purrs

Angela and Gizmo

Old October 31st 03, 12:55 AM
Lois Reay

What's the bet that sooner or later they will bring you home a baby
duckling!!!!
as a pet of course.

Lois

Old October 31st 03, 05:56 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:13:49 +1300, Bev wrote:

[...]

ROTFL great story
--
Steve Touchstone,
remove Junk for email
Old October 31st 03, 06:13 AM
Marina

"Bev" wrote
[...]

LOL! Why can't my cats be like that? Nikki will stalk anything that moves
out on the island. The only bird she is afraid of is swans. Besides being
about a hundred times bigger than her, they hiss.

--
Marina

Old October 31st 03, 01:52 PM
lewe

"Bev" wrote in message
[...]

Bono is a bit wary but interested in the ducks at the "summer lake", Thea
is not too impressed, she just walks out on the little jetty thing adn minds
her own business no matter how many ducks are around (they come to be beg
for food)

--
:: lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se || cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Old October 31st 03, 02:16 PM
Marina

"lewe" wrote

Bono is a bit wary but interested in the ducks at the "summer lake", Thea
is not too impressed, she just walks out on the little jetty thing adn

minds
her own business no matter how many ducks are around (they come to be beg
for food)

Crazy ducks! Ours at the island steer clear of all the cats, but then they
(or their ducklings) are in real danger.

Nice to see you again, Lena! I was just thinking today that I should try to
get hold of you to see if you are OK.

--
Marina

Old October 31st 03, 08:27 PM
lewe

Marina skrev i

| "lewe" wrote
| Bono is a bit wary but interested in the ducks at the "summer lake",
Thea
| is not too impressed, she just walks out on the little jetty thing adn
| minds
| her own business no matter how many ducks are around (they come to be
beg
| for food)
|
| Crazy ducks! Ours at the island steer clear of all the cats, but then
they
| (or their ducklings) are in real danger.
|
| Nice to see you again, Lena! I was just thinking today that I should try
| get hold of you to see if you are OK.

The mother Ducks usually gets kind of talkative when they see the cats, I am
sure they are telling their little ones "look, see - that's the look of
ferocius predators, never mind these two harmless/useless ones, but next
time you see creatures looking like them - beware!"

Thanks, I am finally starting to feel better. After a couple of months
feeling real tired, rotating slight colds with dfferent kinds of headaches,
I got worse and this last month I have been off sick more than at work. I
have just slept lots and not had much energy for anything. Anyway Thea &
Bono of course have still kept up their end of things sending out purrs as
ususal!

Old October 31st 03, 10:32 PM
polonca12000

I'm sorry to hear you have not been feeling well, Lena. It's good you stayed
home for a while so you could recuperate. Please take care of yourself.
Lots of best wishes and purrs for you to start feeling ok again really soon,
--
Polonca & Soncek

snip Thanks, I am finally starting to feel better. After a couple of