I'm worrying about

Old September 18th 09, 12:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default I'm worrying about

KFC's body. Where is it? Did she get thrown into a landfill site, get
cremated or what?
What happened after she was pts (murdered as some would say)

Why didn't I get her back to bury her in the place she loved?

Ask the RSPCA who paid to have her put down or Mr Barrajo might know where
she is, he wielded the death needle after all.

Tweed

Old September 18th 09, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
KFC's body. Where is it? Did she get thrown into a landfill site, get
cremated or what?
What happened after she was pts (murdered as some would say)

Why didn't I get her back to bury her in the place she loved?

Ask the RSPCA who paid to have her put down or Mr Barrajo might know
where she is, he wielded the death needle after all.

Tweed

It is probably too late to learn exactly where KFC was placed. However, why
not plant a tree or shrub as a living memorial in one of her favorite
places? You could even place a permanent marker with her name on it if you
would like to do that, although I have always used only the living memorial
without a marker. That gives you something special in her memory and also
replenishes our environment.

MaryL

Old September 18th 09, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
KFC's body. Where is it? Did she get thrown into a landfill site,
get cremated or what?
What happened after she was pts (murdered as some would say)

Why didn't I get her back to bury her in the place she loved?

Ask the RSPCA who paid to have her put down or Mr Barrajo might know
where she is, he wielded the death needle after all.

Tweed

It is probably too late to learn exactly where KFC was placed. However,
why not plant a tree or shrub as a living memorial in one of her favorite
places? You could even place a permanent marker with her name on it if
you would like to do that, although I have always used only the living
memorial without a marker. That gives you something special in her memory
and also replenishes our environment.

I can't do that yet. I'm still too angry

Tweed

Old September 18th 09, 03:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

[...]

I am so sorry about the whole thing, Christina. Sending you hugs and those
crazy Dante purrs.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old September 18th 09, 04:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
KFC's body. Where is it? Did she get thrown into a landfill
site, get cremated or what?
What happened after she was pts (murdered as some would say)

Why didn't I get her back to bury her in the place she loved?

Ask the RSPCA who paid to have her put down or Mr Barrajo might
know where she is, he wielded the death needle after all.

Sometimes its best not to worry about things we cannot know and
cannot help. Here they would follow the health department
requirement to cremate remains. Unless specific instructions are
given otherwise, the ashes are comingled and disposed of.

At this late date, and most likely my the time you were even home
from the hospital, what was done, was done.

Maybe you could ease some of your pain if you were to plant a bush
or tree in her memory?

Jo

Old September 18th 09, 10:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
KFC's body. Where is it? Did she get thrown into a landfill site,
get cremated or what?
What happened after she was pts (murdered as some would say)

Why didn't I get her back to bury her in the place she loved?

Ask the RSPCA who paid to have her put down or Mr Barrajo might know
where she is, he wielded the death needle after all.

Tweed

I understand mass cremations are the norm in the UK for animals PTS (or
murdered) where the owner hasn't asked for the body to be returned. When
Rosie was PTS I didn't collect her body until the next day, I was too upset,
and was told this would have happened if I hadn't picked her up that day.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old September 18th 09, 01:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 00:21:29 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

KFC's body. Where is it? Did she get thrown into a landfill site, get
cremated or what?
What happened after she was pts (murdered as some would say)

Why didn't I get her back to bury her in the place she loved?

Ask the RSPCA who paid to have her put down or Mr Barrajo might know where
she is, he wielded the death needle after all.

Tweed

Somehow, I thought you got KFC's body back from that ******* who
brutally murdered her. That's the way *I* see it, anyway.

I'm so sorry to hear that you don't know what happened to KFC.

It would really, really bother me, too.

I would bet that she was cremated; that is what is normally done,
because it's clean and makes for permanent disposal.

Animal bodies can't be put in a land fill, here in the USA, and I'm sure
it's the same everywhere in the industrialized world.

It sure would have been nice if you could have at least gotten her
ashes, after this terrible experience

I think the only possible way to look at this, so you don't just go
crazy, is that KFC DID live a very long, full life, first as a semi
feral, for so long, and then as your beloved companion.

Her time was growing very short; she had many close calls with serious
illnesses, which you managed to rescue her from with vet care, and all
of the effort and hard work you went to, to keep her eating.

Most people, myself included, would have decided that it would be
impossible to manage to provide for the quality of life which YOU
managed to give her, quite some time ago.

I remember so vividly, when she was o very sick, a year ago last spring,
when you were only hoping that through some miracle, she could hold on
for one more summer with you.

Well, she did, and a year past that spring, due to all your expense and
very hard work.

Try to think about that, rather than what happened to her when you
couldn't possible be there to protect her.

Without your care, she would have gone to the Bridge a long, long time
ago.

That's what's really important, don't you think?

I certainly do.

Every time KFC suffered a setback for the past year, I was sure her time
was up. Each time, I was wrong.

You gave her so much more time that she wouldn't have had, if almost
anyone but you were taking care of her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

That's what REALLY counts, I think.

That's what's really important
Old September 18th 09, 03:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Sep 17, 9:14*pm, "Jofirey" wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote in

KFC's body. * Where is it? * Did she get thrown into a landfill
site, *get cremated or what?
What happened after she was pts (murdered as some would say)

Why didn't I get her back to bury her in the place she loved?

Ask the RSPCA who paid *to have her put down or Mr Barrajo might
know where she is, *he wielded the death needle after all.

Sometimes its best not to worry about things we cannot know and
cannot help. *Here they would follow the health department
requirement to cremate remains. *Unless specific instructions are
given otherwise, the ashes are comingled and disposed of.

Nearly as I can tell, we don't have an option here aside from
cremation. I asked for Tuppence's remains to bury (before I realized
that I couldn't put her here, the outies would dig her up), and was
told they could return her ashes, but I couldn't leave with her body.
I wasn't thinking straight enough to ask why not.

Old September 18th 09, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Christina Websell wrote:
KFC's body. Where is it? Did she get thrown into a landfill site, get
cremated or what?
What happened after she was pts (murdered as some would say)

Not that it will make you feel any better about her loss, but if the UK
is like the U.S., she was probably cremated. In any case, does it
really MATTER what becomes of earthly remains (feline OR human), once
the soul has gone on to better things? (I realize there are those who
claim that animals - other than humans - do not HAVE souls, but I doubt
whether any of us on rpca are among them.)

Personally (as I once informed a telemarketer for Forest Lawn in
California), after I've abandoned my fleshly envelope, they could throw
it in a ditch somewhere for all I'd care. (Actually I told the
telemarketer I'd prefer that to being planted in Forest Lawn!) To save
my nearest and dearest from making expensive decisions, I've arranged
with the Neptune Society for prepaid cremation and scattering at sea.
Old September 19th 09, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I don't think you are going to have any peace until you go talk to the vet.
Until you sit down and try to get answers, you will stay angry. That anger
may never go away but she can't be happy at the Bridge until you are settled
here. Go and have that talk.