No more whining: Three Happy Cats

Old March 11th 05, 04:02 AM
Brian Link

Default No more whining: Three Happy Cats

Dropped off Henry tonight. He was thrilled, zooming around the house
with his tail up, finding all the little treats and surprises his new
host prepared for him, "cheeking" the furniture. If that's the last
time I see him, it will be a good memory.

After the subsequent meltdown in the car, it occurred to me that this
was different than other kitty goodbyes. "my god, he's still alive!".
When a cat dies, the mourning keeps slamming you wave after wave, but
I just got one big wave. Neat.

Back home, Tiger and Louis are baffled, but thrilled. Louis keeps
going up and downstairs, wondering where his arch-enemy has escaped
to. Tiger's trotting around and stretching out everywhere.

So you are all hereby spared from future rantings by me on this topic.
I may even get some sleep tonight.

Thanks Megan -

BLink

Old March 11th 05, 05:10 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-03-11, Brian Link penned:

After the subsequent meltdown in the car, it occurred to me that this was
different than other kitty goodbyes. "my god, he's still alive!". When a
cat dies, the mourning keeps slamming you wave after wave, but I just got
one big wave. Neat.

I remember when I found out that Eros had been adopted. I was crying, and I
honestly couldn't tell if it was because I was happy for him or sad that I'd
never see him again. Maybe I was just crying because all of the stress and
worry was finally over (although I still think about him and worry; at least
you did see Henry's new owners and got a good vibe, plus references).

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 11th 05, 05:39 AM
Candace

Dropped off Henry tonight. He was thrilled, zooming around the house
with his tail up, finding all the little treats and surprises his new
host prepared for him, "cheeking" the furniture. If that's the last
time I see him, it will be a good memory.

That's nice that he was so happy and I'm sure his new owners will fall
in love with him and wind up keeping him since he's so sweet. Did they
say they would keep in touch with you?

Candace

Old March 11th 05, 06:01 AM
Brian Link

On 10 Mar 2005 21:39:07 -0800, "Candace" wrote:

Dropped off Henry tonight. He was thrilled, zooming around the house
with his tail up, finding all the little treats and surprises his new
host prepared for him, "cheeking" the furniture. If that's the last
time I see him, it will be a good memory.

That's nice that he was so happy and I'm sure his new owners will fall
in love with him and wind up keeping him since he's so sweet. Did they
say they would keep in touch with you?

Candace

This is a touchy situation, so I've set no expectations about that.

It's sorta like the breakup of a teenage romance... how much do you
want to keep in touch with the old flame? Staying in touch means
fanning the old flames, not only for you but for their new love.

I'm content to let Megan be the intermediary. I'd love to hear about
Henry's development, to get pics n so forth, but I understand if
they're jealous of their privacy.

This just feels so right to me right now that I trust Megan to keep me
informed of the process. As I mentioned before, she is a control freak
and a bit of a perfectionist, so I anticipate she'll be happy to let
me know of continuing new reasons why her judgement was correct in
this case =)

(Megan, I'm ribbing you... I'm so grateful for what you've done, both
for me and Henry's new host)

BLink
Old March 11th 05, 06:26 AM
Mary

"Brian Link" wrote in message
[...]

This from a fan. Now I ask you, people, what more do you want?

Old March 11th 05, 06:41 AM
Brian Link

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 01:26:46 -0500, "Mary"
wrote:

"Brian Link" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Are you a Republican? Just curious.. cuz you use the same
hallucinogenic thought processes that they seem to.

"Up is down"

"Black is white"

"If I hear it enough, it must be true"

BLink
Old March 11th 05, 06:57 AM
Brian Link

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 00:41:52 -0600, Brian Link wrote:

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 01:26:46 -0500, "Mary"
wrote:

"Brian Link" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Okay, sorry - I believe that there may be folks in red-states who love
cats.. I've shown my political bias and come dangerously close to
instituting the flame-wars I battle in in other groups into this
group.

We love cats. It's a relief to have something in common with a
newsgroup. If you want to talk politics just email me.

Perhaps Red-Staters and Blue-Staters can come together over cats. What
a wonderful thing that would be. Frankly, cats don't give a rat's-ass
about our feeling on supply-side economics. They just want their damn
treat, thank you very much.

BLink
Old March 11th 05, 08:47 AM
Mary

"Brian Link" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 00:41:52 -0600, Brian Link wrote:

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 01:26:46 -0500, "Mary"
wrote:

"Brian Link" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

For Cat's sake get some sleep, Brian. The guilt will still be there
tomorrow.

Old March 11th 05, 10:43 AM
Lesley Madigan

Brian Link wrote in message . ..
Dropped off Henry tonight. He was thrilled, zooming around the house
with his tail up, finding all the little treats and surprises his new
host prepared for him, "cheeking" the furniture. If that's the last
time I see him, it will be a good memory.

Keeping fingers crossed for Henry to have found a forever home

Lesley

Slave to the Fabulous Furballs
Old March 12th 05, 04:07 AM
Brian Link

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 03:47:13 -0500, "Mary"
wrote:

"Brian Link" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 00:41:52 -0600, Brian Link wrote:

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 01:26:46 -0500, "Mary"
wrote:

"Brian Link" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Hm. Well, this prediction turned out to be false - especially since
there was never any guilt there in the first place. I guess I won't be
asking you for lottery numbers.

BLink