Butt-Scooting in a healthy cat

Old July 12th 05, 06:22 AM
Brian Link

Default Butt-Scooting in a healthy cat

Tiger is pretty healthy (11-year old moggie, Maine-Coon-like genes).
Good, premium food, clean litterboxes..

But tonight he came up from downstairs and did the whole "squat and
pull myself with my forearms" that suggests a problem with his butt.
This is what Henry did when he had worms and overly-long butt-hair.

I looked at his butt, and the anus was free from detritus, no worms,
no anal-sac inflammation and no feces in his fur. No redness or
anything ...

Why would a cat do this otherwise? What should we be on the watch for?

Since this event (about six hours ago) he seems fine.

BLink
Old July 12th 05, 06:33 AM
whitershadeofpale

Brian Link wrote:
Tiger is pretty healthy (11-year old moggie, Maine-Coon-like genes).
Good, premium food, clean litterboxes..

But tonight he came up from downstairs and did the whole "squat and
pull myself with my forearms" that suggests a problem with his butt.
This is what Henry did when he had worms and overly-long butt-hair.

I looked at his butt, and the anus was free from detritus, no worms,
no anal-sac inflammation and no feces in his fur. No redness or
anything ...

Why would a cat do this otherwise? What should we be on the watch for?

Since this event (about six hours ago) he seems fine.

BLink

I haven't even read this, but I can tell you his butt is itching

Scratch it for him.

Old July 12th 05, 06:39 AM
Brian Link

On 11 Jul 2005 22:33:02 -0700, "whitershadeofpale"
wrote:

Brian Link wrote:
Tiger is pretty healthy (11-year old moggie, Maine-Coon-like genes).
Good, premium food, clean litterboxes..

But tonight he came up from downstairs and did the whole "squat and
pull myself with my forearms" that suggests a problem with his butt.
This is what Henry did when he had worms and overly-long butt-hair.

I looked at his butt, and the anus was free from detritus, no worms,
no anal-sac inflammation and no feces in his fur. No redness or
anything ...

Why would a cat do this otherwise? What should we be on the watch for?

Since this event (about six hours ago) he seems fine.

BLink

I haven't even read this, but I can tell you his butt is itching

Scratch it for him.

New post topic:

"I scratch my cat's butt"

Even hardcore catlovers would puke in their mouths...

BLink
Old July 12th 05, 06:46 AM
whitershadeofpale

Brian Link wrote:

New post topic:

"I scratch my cat's butt"

Even hardcore catlovers would puke in their mouths...

BLink

I ain't so sure! Kung Fu Mastah!

Old July 13th 05, 01:20 AM
Rhonda

Our Maine-Coon-like cat had problems with his anal scent glands. The
stuff was too thick to drain properly and the vet had to expel it every
now and then (I would not even try...)

Rhonda

Brian Link wrote:

Tiger is pretty healthy (11-year old moggie, Maine-Coon-like genes).
Good, premium food, clean litterboxes..

But tonight he came up from downstairs and did the whole "squat and
pull myself with my forearms" that suggests a problem with his butt.
This is what Henry did when he had worms and overly-long butt-hair.

I looked at his butt, and the anus was free from detritus, no worms,
no anal-sac inflammation and no feces in his fur. No redness or
anything ...

Why would a cat do this otherwise? What should we be on the watch for?

Since this event (about six hours ago) he seems fine.

BLink

FIP and Chlamydiosis - diagnosing and exposing healthy cat Mike Cat health & behaviour 1 March 14th 05 02:31 PM
Butt juice badwilson Cat anecdotes 8 January 21st 05 04:48 AM
Stinky butt Mischief Cat anecdotes 6 May 18th 04 05:37 PM
kitten has leaky butt Lori chil Cat health & behaviour 2 April 3rd 04 06:31 PM
Jazz's butt aka the I know where I'm going walk.... lrulan Cat anecdotes 2 October 21st 03 05:01 AM