Cool but useless cat gadget

Old August 12th 05, 08:04 PM
Brian Link

Default Cool but useless cat gadget

http://engadget.com/entry/1234000603054198/

BLink
Old August 12th 05, 10:27 PM
John Doe

Brian Link wrote:

http://engadget.com/entry/1234000603054198/

"If you need a Purr Detector collar that lights up to know when your
cat is purring, chances are you’re probably too inept at life to
properly take care of one."

lol
Old August 13th 05, 12:45 AM
guynoir

Unless you're deaf.

John Doe wrote in
:

--
J Kimmel

www.metalinnovations.com

"Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum." - When you have
their full attention in your grip, their hearts and minds will follow.
Old August 13th 05, 03:20 AM
Karen

in article , Diane at
wrote on 8/12/05 7:02 PM:

In article ,
John Doe wrote:

Brian Link wrote:

http://engadget.com/entry/1234000603054198/

"If you need a Purr Detector collar that lights up to know when your
cat is purring, chances are you’re probably too inept at life to
properly take care of one."

Those of us who have hearing impairment may not find that quite so funny.

Yeah....but don't you think they pet their cat? I mean, I feel for purring
more than listen anyway.

Old August 13th 05, 06:21 AM
John Doe

Diane delenn nospamatmindspring.com wrote:
Karen kchuplis alltel.net wrote:
delenn nospamatmindspring.com wrote on 8/12/05 7:02 PM:
John Doe jdoe usenet.love.invalid wrote:
Brian Link blink visi.com wrote:

http://engadget.com/entry/1234000603054198/

"If you need a Purr Detector collar that lights up to know
when your cat is purring, chances are you're probably too
inept at life to properly take care of one."

Those of us who have hearing impairment may not find that
quite so funny.

The flippant/playful remark certainly would not apply to
hearing-impaired people, of course.

Yeah....but don't you think they pet their cat? I mean, I feel
for purring more than listen anyway.

It's not always that palpable. Hodge purrs, but you can't really
tell by feel...

And maybe a feeling impairment.

Kiki is lying between my chest and left arm (at the moment with
her paw stretched out onto my ear). I probably could feel her
purring before I could hear it. I can also tell when she's
dreaming.

--
Web site: http://www.slywy.com/
Message board: http://www.slywy.com/phpBB2/

From: Diane delenn nospamatmindspring.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Cool but useless cat gadget
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 03:06:43 GMT

Old August 13th 05, 07:09 PM

* Diane writes:
It's not always that palpable. Hodge purrs, but you can't really tell by
feel. I can hear him if I'm very, very close.

It's the same with my oldest cat. I can't hear or feel her purr at all.
My other cat has more of a rumbling breathing sound as his purring but
it's not very loud.
Old August 14th 05, 08:38 AM
Doris Late Nite via CatKB.com

Actually, this would be a great product for deaf cat owners...