Unusually cold weather here

Old January 5th 10, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default Unusually cold weather here

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Well, we do get snow and ice in the UK, but not usually for such a
long period of time and not so much.
It's been down to -8C regularly at night so I've kept Boyfriend
inside with the gas fire in the kitchen on for him.
It doesn't show much sign of improving so after he's accompanied me
in the morning to feed the chickens (whose drinkers are so solid I
have to chip them out with a screwdriver) I keep him in in the day
too. Going out to help with the chickens gives him a chance to
empty his bladder. He resolutely refuses to use a litter box, even
though he has a pristine one.
Poor lad was pretty desperate when I got home from work tonight.
He seems to like using a path with old leaves on and he only just
got there..

He's eaten and he now needs a poo, but every time I open the door
when he meows - he's asked 3 times - it's snowing and he turns
back.
I just wish he would use the litter box in an emergency snow
situation.
But no. He would rather hang on.

Tweed

When we lived in Alaska our cat would go out and go in the snow.
Molly hates the litter box too, but will use it in a pinch.

She's cute in the morning when I'm late waking up. She's on top of
me virtually saying "Mommy, please!"

Jo

Old January 5th 10, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

"Jofirey" wrote in message

[...]

Aw, poor girl! I don't know why Boyfie will not use a litter box, but he
just won't. I think he'd rather burst.
However, he had to do the Alaska cat thing.
At the fourth time of asking for out it had snowed even more but he just had
to do it - he made it 4 feet outside into the snow before it was absolutely
essential and he couldn't wait another second..
Poor lad. Brit cats are not used to this ;-)
He rushed back inside to get beside the fire. Sensible boy.

As a matter of interest when I got up this morning, the temperature at the
top of my stairs was -1C.

Tweed

Old January 6th 10, 05:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christina Websell wrote:
Aw, poor girl! I don't know why Boyfie will not use a litter box, but he
just won't. I think he'd rather burst.
However, he had to do the Alaska cat thing.
At the fourth time of asking for out it had snowed even more but he just had
to do it - he made it 4 feet outside into the snow before it was absolutely
essential and he couldn't wait another second..
Poor lad. Brit cats are not used to this ;-)
He rushed back inside to get beside the fire. Sensible boy.

It's strange, but my cats seem to especially *enjoy* going in the snow.
They never do it when there's no snow, but when there is, they both want
to do their business outside. I don't really like them doing it in the
enclosure, since it's such a small area, and all their poos are still
there when the snow eventually melts. But sicne they obviously enjoy it
so much, I haven't the heart to stop them (even if I could).

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.