morning zoomies

Old March 4th 05, 06:17 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

Default morning zoomies

Oscar did her door-scratching routine last night and swiftly found herself
relegated to the basement. She's normally fairly sedentary, but a night of
incarceration seems to have released the zoomies. When DH got up, I asked him
to let Oscar out, then rolled over to catch a few more Zs.

First, I heard some plaintive meowing from ... somewhere.
Heartbreaking, pitiful mewling. "Oscar?" I called. "Oscar, sweetie,
where are you?" I got out of bed and started looking for her, sure she
was trapped somewhere. Yeah right. As I walked out of the bedroom, a
grey blur flew up the stairs and flopped at my feet. She was just too
cute; I picked her up and carried her, purring, to the bed, where I
managed to carefully keep her on my belly while I myself went horizontal
again. She consented to purr on my belly for several minutes before
disappearing again.

All morning, I would hear, "Meow, meow, meow, meow", and then something like a
cattle stampede. I thought maybe she was trying to coax me to the basement,
so I descended the stairs to see if maybe something had upset her, but no, she
just jumped up to the support beams and stared at me from her elevated
position.

Cats.

"Meow meow meow meow" thumpthumpthump

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 4th 05, 11:11 PM
Mary

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
[...]

What a cutie! this morning I went downstairs to the kitchen and the
cabinets under the sink flew open and scared the *%$# out of me!
It was Cheeks who had snuck into the pot and pan cabinet! She is so
skinny it was open just a crack and looked closed. She leapt out
and was just a gray flash as she hightailed it up stairs. I know she
was up there laughing at me.

Old March 4th 05, 11:43 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-03-04, Mary penned:

What a cutie! this morning I went downstairs to the kitchen and the cabinets
under the sink flew open and scared the *%$# out of me! It was Cheeks who
had snuck into the pot and pan cabinet! She is so skinny it was open just a
crack and looked closed. She leapt out and was just a gray flash as she
hightailed it up stairs. I know she was up there laughing at me.

Q: How do you know your cat is laughing at you?
A: She has a pulse.

Seems like Oscar never gets tired of looking at me with an expression of
disgust/faint amusement. Like she's the Lady of the manor and I'm some dirty
peasant she's allowing the privilege of serving her.

(Privilege is another word I always have to look up, because it always looks
like it's spelled wrong to me.)

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully