Cat meets mouse

Old September 18th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

Default Cat meets mouse

I mentioned a while back that we had arrived at our daughter's house and
Rosie and Cinder were confined to the spare basement bedroom while we were
waiting to take possession of our apartment.

During our stay, a mouse took up residence in the basement. Eventually, its
explorations took it to the spare bedroom we occupied.

I discovered it when I went into the room and saw Cinder staring intently at
a small scratching post we had set next to a desk. A mouse tail was
sticking out from under the base of the post.

This is a lightweight portable sisal post. I tipped it up, and the mouse
took a second to assess the situation. Cinder sat as still as a statue and
watched as the mouse nearly tripped over her toes as it ran right under her
nose and scampered under the bed.

Then, she crouched down and cautiously peered under the bed, but made no
attempt to harm the mouse.

The next few nights we stayed there, I slept lightly, dreading the
gruesome gift I might find on my pillow. But, my fears were for naught.

Apparently Cinder and Rosie considered this cheeky creature a source of
entertainment, or maybe they decided to adopt it. We made sure, however,
that we did not bring it along when we moved out.

Annie, slave to Cinder and Rosie

Old September 18th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

On Sun 17 Sep 2006 07:06:25p, Annie Wxill wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

[...]

Sounds like your daughter and SIL need cats! LOL I wish I knew
what was going on in Cinder's little head when she let the food go.
heheheheh

--
Cheryl
Old September 18th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 16:06:25 -0700, Annie Wxill wrote:

[...]

That is what is so scary about mice -- they run toward you. Years ago
the company where I worked (a film distributor) had a mouse. Whenever it
saw a person, it would run right at them. MLB

Old September 18th 06, 02:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeanne Hedge

Annie, I really enjoyed reading about Rosie and Cinder's adventures on
the good ship Genesis (and those of their hoomins too). I know you've
stopped cruising for the next while, but have you tentatively planned
on when The Great Adventure will resume? I want to make sure I don't
miss any reports!

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old September 18th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote in message
Annie, I really enjoyed reading about Rosie and Cinder's adventures on
the good ship Genesis (and those of their hoomins too). I know you've
stopped cruising for the next while, but have you tentatively planned
on when The Great Adventure will resume? I want to make sure I don't
miss any reports!
Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

Hi Jeanne,

Thank you for your kind remarks.

We will be here in the beautiful Great Northwest doing our grandparent
duties until the end of February while we figure out how we will get back to
S. Carolina without getting stuck in a snow bank, It should take us a week
or so if we drive. Of course, I'll let everyone know how it is going.
Maybe we will be able to meet some RPCA folks along the way.

The cruising updates will resume when we get back onboard Genesis. Then, we
probably will have some boat conditioning (and provisioning) to do before we
leave the dock.

I never in my life thought I'd do so much traveling and have so many
adventures. It is my pleasure and privilege to bring so many people along
through the updates.

Annie, temporarily aground

Old September 18th 06, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
That is what is so scary about mice -- they run toward you. Years ago
the company where I worked (a film distributor) had a mouse. Whenever it
saw a person, it would run right at them. MLB

Having grown up in the country, I'm not bothered by mice. In fact, I think
they are cute. When I was a kid, I caught a mother mouse and her litter and
put them in a cage my dad made for when we had hamsters. It was fun
watching the babies grow fur and develop. The mother mouse let me handle
them, and her, too. She found a way out of the cage and foraged for food
while the babies stayed behind in the nest.
When her babies were almost ready to leave the nest, I found my cat playing
with an uninjured younger, hairless mouse baby. I put it in with the mother
mouse, and she readily adopted it.
Unfortunately, when her babies were ready, they all left the nest, leaving
the little new one behind. I tried to hand raise it, but it died.
Annie
Unfortunately, when her babies were

Old September 18th 06, 04:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Sounds like your daughter and SIL need cats! LOL I wish I knew what was
going on in Cinder's little head when she let the food go. heheheheh
Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

Apparently they don't need our cats.

Cinder has an excuse. She probably has never seen a mouse before. We got
her from the Humane Society when she was 7 weeks old. She and her
littermates had been there less than 24 hours, so she has never missed a
meal in her life and only technically homeless less than 24 hours.

Rosie, however surprised me. She was born homeless and was wild when I
trapped her. At 7 to 8 months, she was plenty old to have done some
hunting.
Annie

Old September 18th 06, 05:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

Annie Wxill wrote:
Annie, temporarily aground

Hi Annie:

Not aground. Sounds very much like you are just gone ashore for a
while.

--tension

Old September 18th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

"tension_on_the_wire" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Annie:
Not aground. Sounds very much like you are just gone ashore for a while.
--tension

O.K., we are all on extended shore leave.

Annie

Bonnie and the Mouse Bev Cat anecdotes 6 June 27th 06 03:06 PM
The Adventure of Jeff, Robin, and The Mouse! CATherine Cat anecdotes 4 June 23rd 05 02:43 AM
Eddy Catches a Mouse [email protected] Cat anecdotes 16 March 27th 05 02:09 PM
My cat finally caught a mouse!!!! Doe John Cat anecdotes 16 April 30th 04 04:40 AM
Onyx: A Mouse a Day Susan Zeigler Cat anecdotes 12 April 13th 04 05:30 AM