R. I. P. Sweet Amy

Old November 7th 07, 01:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bull of the Woods

Default R. I. P. Sweet Amy

Amy was a cat belonged to lady ( Christine ) across street. Yesterday
three dogs got loose ( owners at work ) caught Amy Killed her in front
of Christine. Christine takes n all animals . These dogs belong to
people next to me & they cannot or will not keep them up. Christine
was afraid to say anything to them about Amy, so my wife went there last
night about 9 p m told them what dogs had done. I have on numerous
occasions had to catch them because they were loose. So we told
neighbors ( who , speak little english etc. ) we were calling dog pound
if they got out again. I am getting owner of property name for Christine
because I think he can be held responsible for tenants actions, don't
know but will try.

regards

mike lane + lane house of stray cats, ( Rainy Boy, Luvy. Little Blackie,
Snowflake Girl , ) possums, buzzards, all things animals

Old November 7th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

She'll rest in peace now, poor thing, knowing your friend tried to do right
by her and loved her. And Christine will rest well knowing you are in there
pulling for her. Purrs for you both.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old November 7th 07, 03:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 09:17:36 -0500, Charleen Welton wrote:

Dear Mike, I don't know what country or state you live in and where this
tragic and sad incident happened but there are laws and regulations that
cover such happenings. Our most dear and kind Mr. Pumpkin was kiled by two
pit bill dogs in January. Please register this event with your local animal
contol administration office. If it is a first offence for the dogs,
depending on the regulations, a warning may be issued, if it is a second or
third offence then the officials are required to act. Don't wait until they
get out again; they may have gotten out previously!
Charleen,
in memory of an angel cat named Mr. Pumpkin

And while some people might hesitate to act for fear of possibly causing
the dogs to be put down, think of this: next time it might not be a cat,
it might be a child. While I detest children in general, I wouldn't want
to think of one being killed by dogs.
Old November 7th 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Local animal control or your police department's animal division, also the
SPCA in many areas has an animal-welfare endorsement team. Our local chapter
has a department which goes out to investigate incidents like this one, and
they work with the local law enforcement to put a stop to such things and
gain restitution from those responsible. In my area, landlords or homeowners
are responsible by law; a recent occurrence had a woman well-punished when
her pit-bulls got off her property and mauled a child.

Again, praying for your poor friend, and you too Mike for standing up to help
her fight.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old November 7th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bull of the Woods

this was in Nashville , Tennessee

We bought a sympathy card for Christine & will try to help her maybe get
some help with this terrible tradgey. She always takes n stray animals
no matter what.

regards
Mike Lane + stray cats , possums buzzards, al things animal

Old November 8th 07, 12:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Bull of the Woods wrote:

Amy was a cat belonged to lady ( Christine ) across street. Yesterday
three dogs got loose ( owners at work ) caught Amy Killed her in front
of Christine. Christine takes n all animals . These dogs belong to
people next to me & they cannot or will not keep them up. Christine
was afraid to say anything to them about Amy, so my wife went there last
night about 9 p m told them what dogs had done. I have on numerous
occasions had to catch them because they were loose. So we told
neighbors ( who , speak little english etc. ) we were calling dog pound
if they got out again. I am getting owner of property name for Christine
because I think he can be held responsible for tenants actions, don't
know but will try.

I'm very sorry! Christine must be heartbroken. This one hits close to
home, because something very much like this almost happened to Smudge a
couple of years ago.

As far as I know, there are leash laws everywhere in the USA, so loose
dogs are illegal to begin with. Dogs that kill small animals might be
considered a danger to humans - at least to small humans such as children,
as Dan pointed out.

Are you reluctant to call Animal Control? I don't know if the dogs
would be put down after something like this. But the people might be
fined and warned, and then they might be more motivated to keep their
dogs restrained.

Purrs for Amy and Christine.

Joyce
Old November 8th 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Bull of the Woods wrote:
this was in Nashville , Tennessee

We bought a sympathy card for Christine & will try to help her maybe
get some help with this terrible tradgey. She always takes n stray
animals no matter what.

regards
Mike Lane + stray cats , possums buzzards, al things animal

I'm in Tennessee and trust me, Animal Control will take care of those dogs
that get loose constantly. Animals that are unsupervised and not on
leashes. Place a phone call. NOW. You don't have to be the owner of the
pet who was killed.

Jill

Old November 8th 07, 04:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

Oh, that is a horrible story. Poor Christine must be very, very upset
over the cruel way Amy was taken from her.

I'm glad you are following up on it. If you reach a sympathetic ear in
the animal control admin., perhaps they will take the action that is
clearly warranted.

The people who own the three dogs are just as guilty of killing poor Amy
as if they had done it themselves, and I hope the law takes action.

Purrs on the way for Amy's trip to the Bridge, and for Christine's
grieving heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Old November 9th 07, 09:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Micha[_2_]

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 06:15:41 -0600 Bull of the Woods wrote:

[cat killed by dogs]

mike lane + lane house of stray cats, ( Rainy Boy, Luvy. Little Blackie,
Snowflake Girl , ) possums, buzzards, all things animals

What a sad story! Hope the ones at fault will be prosecuted.

Sincerely, Michael

--
Square Dance is friendship put to music
Andrea and Michael with furball Merlin
Old November 11th 07, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Bull of the Woods wrote:

[...]

How horrible!
Lots of purrs and hugs,
Polonca and Soncek

Just a sweet story Stan Brown Cat health & behaviour 8 August 15th 07 06:53 PM
sweet cat!! meee Cat anecdotes 1 March 22nd 06 11:49 AM
My Sweet Sammy! CatNipped Cat anecdotes 3 March 2nd 06 03:32 PM
She's so Sweet! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 7 April 12th 05 10:01 PM
My mom's cat is so sweet Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 16 February 27th 04 02:30 PM