Mad M*th, Mad Cat...

Old August 21st 05, 10:25 PM
wafflycat

Default Mad M*th, Mad Cat...

So it's a nice evening.

So I've been sat here in the office with the windows open.

So several m*ths fly in.

Several m*ths are doing the dance of the mad m*th round the light fittings.

Marble is going nuts. He can't decide which loud flutter and whirr he should
pounce for first. His brain cell can't cope with it ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old August 21st 05, 11:32 PM
Bill Stock

"wafflycat" waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk wrote in message
So it's a nice evening.

So I've been sat here in the office with the windows open.

So several m*ths fly in.

Several m*ths are doing the dance of the mad m*th round the light
fittings.

Marble is going nuts. He can't decide which loud flutter and whirr he
should pounce for first. His brain cell can't cope with it ;-)

Cheers, helen s

LOL, I'm reading the title and wondering what Math and Cats had to do with
each other? At first I thought Waffles was doing your taxes or maybe "Phowr"
you were watching the Swedish bicycle trials again and Waffles was upset by
all the lap times.

Now it all makes purrfect sense.

Old August 22nd 05, 01:25 AM
John F. Eldredge

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 22:25:50 +0100, "wafflycat"
waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk wrote:

So it's a nice evening.

So I've been sat here in the office with the windows open.

So several m*ths fly in.

Several m*ths are doing the dance of the mad m*th round the light fittings.

Marble is going nuts. He can't decide which loud flutter and whirr he should
pounce for first. His brain cell can't cope with it ;-)

Cheers, helen s

When I was a freshman in college, I ran the sound-effects for a
student production of _Our Town_. At the time, the auditorium
building at Campbellsville College had neither air conditioning or
window screens, so we had a lot of moths circling around the
spotlights. One night, a bat came in to chase moths, and upstaged the
actors for 10 minutes or so until it had eaten its fill, or at least
had eaten all of the tastier moths.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old August 22nd 05, 01:36 AM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 19:25:03 -0500, John F. Eldredge
yodeled:

[...]

You had all the joys of outdoor theater, but indoors. Sounds like
what used to happen when I played in an orchestra, and we had outdoor
concerts in the summer. After an initial weirdness, we got used to
the bats, and I even got to like them. My favorite thing was the
family of racoons that marched across the stage and got a standing
ovation.

Theresa
Old August 22nd 05, 05:15 AM
Marina

wafflycat wrote:
So it's a nice evening.

So I've been sat here in the office with the windows open.

So several m*ths fly in.

Several m*ths are doing the dance of the mad m*th round the light fittings.

Marble is going nuts. He can't decide which loud flutter and whirr he
should pounce for first. His brain cell can't cope with it ;-)

LOL! Poor Marble. It's been nice and warm here, too, and I had the
windows open all day yesterday. Some little bug or other had come
inside, and when I'd gone to bed in the evening, Miranda and Caliban
thundered around the flat in pursuit of it. For two little kittens, they
did a remarkable impression of a herd of wildebeest thundering over the
veldt. Frank lay on the pillow next to mine and rolled his eyes at 'the
kids'. (Yay! Frank is back on the pillow after a couple of weeks in the
sauna!)

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old August 22nd 05, 04:26 PM
Duke of URL

wafflycat @ waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk

So it's a nice evening.
So I've been sat here in the office with the windows open.
So several m*ths fly in.
Several m*ths are doing the dance of the mad m*th round the light
fittings. Marble is going nuts. He can't decide which loud flutter and
whirr he
should pounce for first. His brain cell can't cope with it

??? You don't have screens? How do you keep the obnoxious creatures like
flies out?
--
Once a suicide bomber, always a suicide bomber

Old August 22nd 05, 05:03 PM
Adrian

Duke of URL wrote:
wafflycat @ waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk

So it's a nice evening.
So I've been sat here in the office with the windows open.
So several m*ths fly in.
Several m*ths are doing the dance of the mad m*th round the light
fittings. Marble is going nuts. He can't decide which loud flutter
and whirr he
should pounce for first. His brain cell can't cope with it

??? You don't have screens? How do you keep the obnoxious creatures
like flies out?

They're not much of a problem in England, so no need for screens.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old August 22nd 05, 06:33 PM
polonca12000

I'm so happy for both of you!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

snipFrank lay on the pillow next to mine and rolled his eyes at 'the

Old August 23rd 05, 02:06 AM
jmcquown

Bill Stock wrote:
"wafflycat" waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk wrote in message
So it's a nice evening.

So I've been sat here in the office with the windows open.

So several m*ths fly in.

Several m*ths are doing the dance of the mad m*th round the light
fittings.

Marble is going nuts. He can't decide which loud flutter and whirr he
should pounce for first. His brain cell can't cope with it ;-)

Cheers, helen s

LOL, I'm reading the title and wondering what Math and Cats had to do
with each other?

LOL I thought the same thing, Bill!

Jill