[OT] Bikini Waxing

Old June 13th 06, 01:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Bikini Waxing

"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Enfilade" wrote in message
oups.com...

"unhygenic/disgusting" by a weird North American society with a phobia
of body hair).

Unfortunately true, but I guess it's all relative. Our owners would
opine
that we don't have *enough* body hair! ;

Ha! That's true. I have really fine blondish hair you can hardly see, so I
can get away with
shaving once every couple of weeks. HOWEVER when I was 12 I decided that
the whole world could see my "moustache," which was a little peach fuzz in
reality--
so I put Nair on my LIP. And had a burned-on moustache that everyone
surely
did notice.

OUCH!!! I never would try Nair - regular hand lotions have been known to
burn my skin.
--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita
http://www.x-privat.org/join.php

Old June 14th 06, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Bikini Waxing

Singh wrote
Myself, I don't see why there is such a double standard: men are allowed
to brandish their pit hair and their hairy backs and tiger-stripes down
their beer-guts, but GOD FORBID a woman go out without shaven legs. Feh! I
gave up on the shaving, Nair, etc. long ago. I don't have time and I'm a
klutz. Razors and I don't get along too well either. And the last time I
tried Aussie Nad's...let's just say it was a big pain in the tuchus to get
it off Fritzie's paws. Why can the boys let it all hang out, but we dames
have to prove we're ladies by cutting it all off?

Because men don't look nice whatever they do, but women can if they
try?

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome
Old June 14th 06, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"David Stevenson" wrote in message
Singh wrote
Myself, I don't see why there is such a double standard: men are allowed
to brandish their pit hair and their hairy backs and tiger-stripes down
their beer-guts, but GOD FORBID a woman go out without shaven legs. Feh! I
gave up on the shaving, Nair, etc. long ago. I don't have time and I'm a
klutz. Razors and I don't get along too well either. And the last time I
tried Aussie Nad's...let's just say it was a big pain in the tuchus to get
it off Fritzie's paws. Why can the boys let it all hang out, but we dames
have to prove we're ladies by cutting it all off?

Because men don't look nice whatever they do, but women can if they try?

Oh David, I think men look very nice! ;

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 14th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-06-14, David Stevenson penned:
Singh wrote
Why can the boys let it all hang out, but we dames have to prove
we're ladies by cutting it all off?

Because men don't look nice whatever they do, but women can if
they try?

Cop-out. And bull, too.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old June 19th 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote
"David Stevenson" wrote in message
Singh wrote
Myself, I don't see why there is such a double standard: men are allowed
to brandish their pit hair and their hairy backs and tiger-stripes down
their beer-guts, but GOD FORBID a woman go out without shaven legs. Feh! I
gave up on the shaving, Nair, etc. long ago. I don't have time and I'm a
klutz. Razors and I don't get along too well either. And the last time I
tried Aussie Nad's...let's just say it was a big pain in the tuchus to get
it off Fritzie's paws. Why can the boys let it all hang out, but we dames
have to prove we're ladies by cutting it all off?

Because men don't look nice whatever they do, but women can if they try?

Oh David, I think men look very nice! ;

I don't see it myself. All that hair in the wrong place, and a funny
shape too.

Old June 20th 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default PING: Catnipped [OT] Bikini Waxing

http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/vi...ni_waxing_fun/

CatNipped wrote:
Does anyone do it themselves???

I usually just shave, but my daughter said waxing is *much* better
(never any razor burn or bumps, no stubble, etc.), so I figured I'd
give it a try. Not having 100% visual access to the site I wanted
waxed, I thought to enlist DH's help (OK, in retrospect, it was not a
good idea to ask someone whom you've ever argued with to do this
particular job for you).
I'd bought the wax that's not supposed to need microwaving beforehand
(I didn't want any nasty burns on that part of my body) - it's
supposed to work with just you rubbing the outer part of the paper
strip to warm the wax.
First, never try to balance an open jar of wax on a bed when there
are cats in the room who are 18 pounds and might jump on the bed, and
*NEVER* open a jar of coconut-smelling wax in front of Sammy (don't
ask me how I'm going to get the wax off of Sammy's face!).

Second, when a product comes with a jar of Benzocaine for post
application pain deadening, it might be a good idea to go with
another method of hair removal.

Ben finally got the wax applied in a smooth, transparent layer, put
the strip of paper over it, smoothed/warmed the wax, and, firmly
holding my skin taut (OK, after a certain age skin has to be *held*
taut, it doesn't do that on its own), quickly yanked the strip off my
skin. That is, he yanked my skin, along with the strip, off of my
bikini area (why do they call it a bikini area when that area hasn't
seen a bikini in 30 years???).
Oh, look, there's only a few measly hairs on the strip, most of them
are still on the bikini area. So Ben puts the strip back on my
bikini area (um, sweetie, don't the instructions say that you're not
supposed to go over the same area twice?), and gives it another yank.
After he peels me off the ceiling, he looks and, lo and behold, there
are still hairs on my bikini area. Before I can yell *STOP* he has
put the strip back on my bikini area for a third try. This time when
he yanks it off I have his head firmly between my hands so he can't
go looking for more errant hairs.
I hobbled into the bathroom, looking like a cowboy who has ridden his
horse for too long, to look at the damage. I am *BLEEDING* around
the roots of the hairs that have *still* not come out. My skin is
beet red, and looks more horrible than it *ever* has after shaving.

Has anyone ever had *success* using a wax on your "bikini area", and,
if so, what brand/method do you use (OK, I am willing to try it again
- nobody ever accused me of being the sharpest tool in the shed).

Old June 20th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Catnipped [OT] Bikini Waxing

LOL! Isn't it funny how the one guy seemed to react the worst to the pain?
Good thing they're not required to have babies? [Just kidding guys, sorry
about the male-bashing!!!]

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 20th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Enfilade wrote:

See, I don't give a crap about having a lot of hair, but I /don't/ like
the fact that it suggests to others that I'm dirty, or don't take care
of myself,

"They will talk anyway"

WAH! [OT] CatNipped Cat anecdotes 0 December 27th 05 06:56 PM
Need Job Purrs [OT] CatNipped Cat anecdotes 32 May 17th 05 01:49 PM
What colour candles? [OT] jmcquown Cat anecdotes 15 May 11th 05 01:49 PM
[OT] Warning for bird owners (and parents of small children) Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 9 May 10th 05 06:17 PM
Beer Golf [OT] jmcquown Cat anecdotes 0 May 4th 05 02:53 PM