help i need to find a home for my cat,

Old September 7th 03, 02:04 AM
Userjudy36

Default help i need to find a home for my cat,

i have to move due to cost of living ,have to rent and they would not let me
take him with me,i had him for almost 8years,I am afraid to leave him at a
shelter, even though they say no kill how am i to know he got a good
home.

let me know if you can help or any
advice
Old September 7th 03, 05:45 PM
Kalyahna

"Userjudy36" wrote in message
i have to move due to cost of living ,have to rent and they would not let

me
take him with me,i had him for almost 8years,I am afraid to leave him

at a
shelter, even though they say no kill how am i to know he got a

good
home.

Talk to your new landlord. Explain the situation. If necessary, provide
veterinary records that prove the neuter, prove he's current on all his
vaccinations. Provide references from your current residence, if at all
possible. If you're renting now, ask your current landlord to talk to your
new landlord. If your cat was well behaved and didn't rip up furniture or
carpeting or do damage to the apartment, a great many landlords may be
swayed by not only having that kind of information, but also that their new
tenant is devoted to their pet and will go those extra steps to keep the
animal with them. Keep in mind it's possible that your new landlord will ask
for a declawed cat, but many will allow claws if you explain about Soft
Paws, or if you have those references to show that your kitty is not a
door-shredder.

If worse comes to worst and you have no alternative to this move and to
giving up kitty, shelters have a pretty good track record for finding great
homes for good natured cats.

Old September 7th 03, 09:15 PM
MaryL

"Userjudy36" wrote in message
i have to move due to cost of living ,have to rent and they would not let

me
take him with me,i had him for almost 8years,I am afraid to leave him

at a
shelter, even though they say no kill how am i to know he got a

good
home.

let me know if you can help

or any
advice

Have you exhausted all possible alternatives to the place you have chosen?
I had cats when I was renting, and I found that it was often difficult to
rent the places I would have preferred (both price and location). However,
my cats (one cat at a time at that time, like you) were my babies and I
absolutely would not move somewhere that would not accept cats. Sometimes I
was able to reach an agreement with a landlord by offering to make an extra
security deposit and could also offer references from previous locations.
You could even offer to let the new landlord inspect your current premises
to see that there is no damage. If that won't work, please keep looking ...
there surely must be some place in your price range where you can take your
cat. You might even want to consider sharing an apartment with another
cat-lover to reduce costs.

MaryL

Old September 8th 03, 05:56 AM
Flying _Naked_People

Alveolosubnasal wrote in article

Offer references from previous locations. You would know, little man. Troll.
But aren't you can help or any advice Have you can take your demonstration

of
living,have to see that it was often difficult to rent and location.

However, my cock.

What in the WORLD?!

Looks like the result of a free language translator. Who KNOWs what this
person was *really* trying to say!

Old September 10th 03, 04:35 AM
Arjun Ray

In , "MaryL"
wrote:

| I'm guessing at either a troll or someone who doesn't read/write English.

Both. It was posted from Altopia.