Q on bug fogger, etc

Old September 16th 07, 03:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ensoul

Default Q on bug fogger, etc

On Sep 15, 2:43?am, Sherry wrote:
On Sep 14, 8:36 pm, ensoul wrote:

Lynn, I hope you meant to write "Advantage", not "Advantix." Advantix
is for DOGS ONLY. Never use it on cats!

.. I just treat the area underneath
the beds, couches, furniture where the cats can't go. like a madwoman. It works.

that's what the fogger will do for me

Not overnight, but
it works. If your cats are anything less than 100% healthy, you should
not either. One of mine is health-compromised, and
didn't need to be exposed to chemicals. I'm not familiar with
Knockout. I assume since it's from your vet it is safe?

yes they say it is, say it treats flea's pre-adult flea's and the
larvae (spelling) for 7 months

and vacumming is painful for me...neuropathy in hands, arms, and upper
back

Good luck with the flea problem.

Sherry

thank you...vacum

Old September 16th 07, 03:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ensoul

Lynn, I hope you meant to write "Advantage", not "Advantix." Advantix
is for DOGS ONLY. Never use it on cats!
If you're worried about the bug bomber not being enough, just be extra
diligent about vacuuming. Buy a Hartz flea
collar, cut it up and put it in your vaccum bag

yeah I did mean Advantage, put (sp) next to it..short for spelling we
all have our own abbreviations..can't expect others to know it, should
have just typed it out

Lynn

There's beauty in the silver singing river,
There's beauty in the sunrise in the sky,
But none of these and nothing else can match the beauty,
That I remember in my true love's eyes
~Bob Dylan

Old September 16th 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"ensoul" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Sep 14, 10:20?pm, "cybercat" wrote:
"ensoul" wrote

If they are indoor cats, how do they get fleas?

that's the Q I keep asking!

yup, they are....vet and friends w/cats have told me the flea prob in
my area has been very severe this summer prob because of the odd
weather..I live in upstate NY, very rural area...summer started late
but when from 60 few days later in the 90's and it stayed that
way..then the same pattern cool of a bit and then record high's

I was told that flea's can jumb a long distance and they can be
tracked by your feet, plus I live an apartment complex
I'm in an end apartment upstairs, below the lady has cat and the
apartment beside me they have 2 or 3 cats, animals here are not
allowed outside unless on a leash..grounds for eviction if your pet
gets out! But, I know Cindy (the neighbor w/more cats buys flea
treatment on Ebay, buys in the winter she told me much cheaper) and
Joyce an elderly lady the other neighbor...I visit w/her when I can
and never seen her cat even strach himself

so ya got me

I'm going throw out my door mat...broke can't even by a new one and
will spray my entrance way..I have small balconey doubt they could get
in that way but I'm going spray the floor too

Interesting. I have heard of this in sandy areas, like Florida, but did not
know it could happen in other areas. It sounds like someone in the complex
has an uncontrolled flea problem, maybe? Good luck.