"One-Eye" Update

Old November 2nd 04, 12:59 AM
ceb2

kaeli wrote in message . ..
In article ,
enlightened us with...
I went to the adoption shelter where we got one of our cats and talked to the
lady who runs it. She explaned that the best course of action might be to trap
this cat and have it put down. Her theory: adult ferrals are difficult to
treat, to catch, and especially to medicate for a long term recovery. Also, if
the wound is getting worse, she will die a painful death, better to end her
suffering. Not the news I wanted to hear. I'm securing some traps but I'm not
sure I want to give this cat it's last ride. I will make some more calls for
other opinions and suggestions, but my wife cautioned me that I can't keep
calling places until someone tells me they can save it. This is so depressing.
Updates as I get them.

Carl

She's right.

That's very, very sad, but true.

One-Eye has a chance, of course, but considering how many adoptable cats
there are, ferals don't get many chances. If you really care about the cat,
adopt her yourself - get her treatment and either keep her or release her
back where she was. Even if you're not that attached, she shouldn't have to
suffer. Bring her in to have a peaceful end in what was otherwise an
obviously not so great life.

Good luck.

--

Well, with three six month old kittens, I can't adopt a feral who's
missing an eye, unless I keep them completely separated. I also can't

Carl
Old November 2nd 04, 01:00 AM
ceb2

wrote in message ...
Kaeli wrote:

If you really care about the cat, adopt her
yourself -

So she will lose the ends of her toes along with her eye? Declawing is a
horrific, cruel thing to do to a cat, but to ferals it is especially
repugnant and damaging. Two feral kittens named Katie and Sebastian that
were declawed (despite a no-declaw agreement) and suffered greatly as a
result were the reason why I built
http://www.stopdeclaw.com :-(

Megan

I obviously wouldn't get a one eyed feral cat declawed.

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old November 2nd 04, 07:28 AM
-L. :

(ceb2) wrote in message . com...
kaeli wrote in message . ..
[...]

The cat will adapt perfectly well to having only one eye. Animals in
the wild adapt thusly all the time.

-L.

Old November 3rd 04, 03:05 AM
teri

If you really care about the cat, adopt her
yourself -

So she will lose the ends of her toes along with her eye? Declawing is a
horrific, cruel thing to do to a cat, but to ferals it is especially
repugnant and damaging. Two feral kittens named Katie and Sebastian that
were declawed (despite a no-declaw agreement) and suffered greatly as a
result were the reason why I built http://www.stopdeclaw.com :-(

Megan

I obviously wouldn't get a one eyed feral cat declawed.

Geeze Carl, I can't believe you took the bait!! What the heck were
you thinking in responding. Don't feed the addiction.
Teri

Old November 3rd 04, 03:28 AM
Mary

"teri" wrote in message
news

If you really care about the cat, adopt her
yourself -

So she will lose the ends of her toes along with her eye? Declawing is

horrific, cruel thing to do to a cat, but to ferals it is especially
repugnant and damaging. Two feral kittens named Katie and Sebastian

that
were declawed (despite a no-declaw agreement) and suffered greatly as

result were the reason why I built http://www.stopdeclaw.com :-(

Megan

I obviously wouldn't get a one eyed feral cat declawed.

Geeze Carl, I can't believe you took the bait!! What the heck were
you thinking in responding. Don't feed the addiction.
Teri

The "addiction?" You are a pro-declaw ass, just as I thought.

OneTrueHome update Harri Cat community 8 November 27th 04 02:03 AM
Update on Tiffany & New Pictures. Flippy Cat anecdotes 21 February 1st 04 06:52 PM
Nice Update on B5's creator, J.Michael Straczynski & Buddy the cat Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 8 January 19th 04 12:01 PM