Two Lumps meet a Texas Roach

Old March 14th 05, 04:47 PM
jmcquown

Default Two Lumps meet a Texas Roach

Victor Martinez wrote:
http://twolumps.keenspace.com/d/20050311.html

Heheh, looks like the Palmetto bugs from the Carolinas. Scary as hell.

Jill

Old March 14th 05, 05:19 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:47:43 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

Victor Martinez wrote:
http://twolumps.keenspace.com/d/20050311.html

Heheh, looks like the Palmetto bugs from the Carolinas. Scary as hell.

Jill

Or Florida. They jump out at you, the size of a Volkswagen, wings
spread. Like a medieval beast. ICK.

Theresa
Old March 14th 05, 06:42 PM
Mary

Victor Martinez wrote:
http://twolumps.keenspace.com/d/20050311.html

Heheh, looks like the Palmetto bugs from the Carolinas. Scary as hell.

Jill

Or Florida. They jump out at you, the size of a Volkswagen, wings
spread. Like a medieval beast. ICK.

Yep. Florida. SC may have these but I have never seen one in NC.
If I did I might have to move.

Old March 14th 05, 07:00 PM
jmcquown

Victor Martinez wrote:
http://twolumps.keenspace.com/d/20050311.html

Heheh, looks like the Palmetto bugs from the Carolinas. Scary as
hell.

Jill

Or Florida. They jump out at you, the size of a Volkswagen, wings
spread. Like a medieval beast. ICK.

Theresa

We have them in Tennessee, too. When I was visiting my parents a few years
back (South Carolina) I got into bed and looked up at the ceiling. There on
the ceiling, right above me, was a HUGE one. I immediately regressed to
childhood: "MOM!" She came running. Got any bug spray?! We both got the
willies after spraying that ugly critter and trying to figure out where it
had gone after it fell from the ceiling.

Persia caught and ate one once. I was looking at her, trying to figure out
what on earth... EWWWWW! Legs dangling from her mouth.

Jill

Old March 14th 05, 07:16 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:00:15 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

Victor Martinez wrote:
http://twolumps.keenspace.com/d/20050311.html

Heheh, looks like the Palmetto bugs from the Carolinas. Scary as
hell.

Jill

Or Florida. They jump out at you, the size of a Volkswagen, wings
spread. Like a medieval beast. ICK.

Theresa

We have them in Tennessee, too. When I was visiting my parents a few years
back (South Carolina) I got into bed and looked up at the ceiling. There on
the ceiling, right above me, was a HUGE one. I immediately regressed to
childhood: "MOM!" She came running. Got any bug spray?! We both got the
willies after spraying that ugly critter and trying to figure out where it
had gone after it fell from the ceiling.

Persia caught and ate one once. I was looking at her, trying to figure out
what on earth... EWWWWW! Legs dangling from her mouth.

Ughhhhhh. Too big to smush, to small to strangle. :P

Theresa
Old March 14th 05, 11:18 PM
Enfilade

Victor Martinez wrote:
http://twolumps.keenspace.com/d/20050311.html

Looks to be just about the right size to feed two bits....

--Fil
DP doesn't eat bugs so why do his "children?"
Old March 14th 05, 11:58 PM
Mischief

My mom told me that years ago when she was on vacation in Thailand that
there were mosquitoes as big as your hand and they would hide under the
tables at outdoor restaurants.

I dont know if its true, but it scares the crap out of me

Kristi
(who saw Eight Legged Freaks with her roommate from the fourth row)

Old March 15th 05, 12:26 AM
Mary

"Mischief" wrote in message
oups.com...
My mom told me that years ago when she was on vacation in Thailand that
there were mosquitoes as big as your hand and they would hide under the
tables at outdoor restaurants.

I dont know if its true, but it scares the crap out of me

It's true. I saw one last summer with a cigar in one hand
and an apple martini in the other.

Old March 15th 05, 01:07 AM
Ted Davis

On 14 Mar 2005 15:58:18 -0800, "Mischief"
wrote:

My mom told me that years ago when she was on vacation in Thailand that
there were mosquitoes as big as your hand and they would hide under the
tables at outdoor restaurants.

I dont know if its true, but it scares the crap out of me

I didn't see it myself, of course, but back in the fifties there was
an epidemic of huge mosquitoes in eastern South Carolina. There was a
story going around that one landed on the runway at Sumter Air Force
Base and the ground crews poured 3000 gallons of aviation gasoline
into it before they figured out it wasn't an airplane.

Well, I did see the mosquito epidemic, and they were large and thick
in the air.

--
T.E.D. )
Old March 15th 05, 01:36 AM
Hopitus

Victor, that cartoon roach looks like the palmettos we left behind in the
Sunshine State; my cats were so bored with them there they didn't even play
with them anymore, and I had to buy the "larger" size Roach Motels - in
packs of 4 - to keep the population down. Have been here in MileHigh since
June and haven't seen ONE roach yet.....great change; also: no fleas up this
high!
Sure hope life's been good to you, Tom, and your short furry kids down there
in the Lone Star capital.

wrote:

My mom told me that years ago when she was on vacation in Thailand that
there were mosquitoes as big as your hand and they would hide under the
tables at outdoor restaurants.

I dont know if its true, but it scares the crap out of me

I didn't see it myself, of course, but back in the fifties there was
an epidemic of huge mosquitoes in eastern South Carolina. There was a
story going around that one landed on the runway at Sumter Air Force
Base and the ground crews poured 3000 gallons of aviation gasoline
into it before they figured out it wasn't an airplane.

Well, I did see the mosquito epidemic, and they were large and thick
in the air.

--
T.E.D. )

OT My Trip to Texas - long Bridget Cat anecdotes 10 December 8th 04 03:44 PM
Roach Motel [email protected] Cat anecdotes 87 November 26th 04 04:23 AM
Two Lumps Mischief Cat anecdotes 72 June 23rd 04 07:32 PM
Texas Snow! MaryL Cat anecdotes 9 February 15th 04 03:48 PM