10 foot radius

Old September 18th 05, 03:54 AM
Bridget

Default 10 foot radius

I don't know what it is, but none of my three cats is ever outside of a
ten foot radius from me. Do they really think they need to supervise my
every move that closely? What do they think I do when I leave the
apartment and they aren't there to supervise? Do they think I am unable
to function? Does anyone else have cats that think they need such close
supervision?

Bridget
Old September 18th 05, 03:57 AM
Trish

"Bridget" wrote in message
I don't know what it is, but none of my three cats is ever outside of

ten foot radius from me. Do they really think they need to supervise

my
every move that closely? What do they think I do when I leave the
apartment and they aren't there to supervise? Do they think I am

unable
to function? Does anyone else have cats that think they need such

close
supervision?

Bridget

My cats would be my slippers if they could

Old September 18th 05, 04:11 AM
Karen

On 2005-09-17 21:54:34 -0500, Bridget said:

I don't know what it is, but none of my three cats is ever outside of a
ten foot radius from me. Do they really think they need to supervise
my every move that closely? What do they think I do when I leave the
apartment and they aren't there to supervise? Do they think I am
unable to function? Does anyone else have cats that think they need
such close supervision?

Bridget

ohhhh yes. Sugar likes to sleep in the half cat tree about 4 feet
behind me. Well, recently Pearl "discovered" that tree and if it is
empty, she gets in it. Then Sugar walks around and around and around,
gets up by me, gets down. She can't go over and sleep in the OTHER half
tree. Or if vice versa, Pearl sits by the couch and pokes at me and
won't let me work. Finally, I have taken to moving the OTHER half tree
to by the couch at night, that way neither one is more than 4 feet away
and they both are happy. It's silly.

Old September 18th 05, 04:52 AM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 02:54:34 GMT, Bridget
yodeled:

I don't know what it is, but none of my three cats is ever outside of a
ten foot radius from me. Do they really think they need to supervise my
every move that closely? What do they think I do when I leave the
apartment and they aren't there to supervise? Do they think I am unable
to function? Does anyone else have cats that think they need such close
supervision?

Bridget

For your cats, it just may be a competitive thing, and they are
keeping their eyes on each other to make sure that neither of the
other two get too close to you when they're not looking.

Stinky generally does like to stick close when I am home, but he will
let me go for awhile. If there is a box in the house, sitting in the
box generally takes precedence over me. Same for a really good
spot on the daybed. The funny thing though, is when he wakes up and
finds I am not around, he will come after me, yelling. "Yow! Yow!
Yow!" and he won't stop the the yelling, either, even if he's made
eye contact with me. He'll come into the room, and march right up to
me, yowing. My favorite thing is when he climbs the stairs yelling,
sort of like this: Step "Yow!" Step "Yow!" Step "Yow!"

Theresa
Old September 18th 05, 05:08 AM
Susan M

Awww - they luuvvvvvvvvvv you and find you fascinating

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Close supervisors

Old September 18th 05, 07:44 AM
meee

I think cats hang around in the hope that food will appear at some stage,
and just to make sure you don't *ever* forget that they are the centre of
your life!!!

Old September 18th 05, 12:14 PM
kilikini

"Bridget" wrote in message
I don't know what it is, but none of my three cats is ever outside of a
ten foot radius from me. Do they really think they need to supervise my
every move that closely? What do they think I do when I leave the
apartment and they aren't there to supervise? Do they think I am unable
to function? Does anyone else have cats that think they need such close
supervision?

Bridget

My Chloe-girl is usually in the same room with me unless she's getting into
trouble with her brother, Tryone (better known as Dr. Evil). Tyrone walks
around and chirps. When you hear him chirp that means he's bored and
looking to destroy something - sometimes it's his mild-mannered sister.

kili

Old September 18th 05, 07:16 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Bridget wrote:

I don't know what it is, but none of my three cats is ever outside of a
ten foot radius from me. Do they really think they need to supervise my
every move that closely? What do they think I do when I leave the
apartment and they aren't there to supervise? Do they think I am unable
to function? Does anyone else have cats that think they need such close
supervision?

I think they just want to be close to you! Melisande spends
a lot of time in the bedroom, sleeping on the bed or in her
cat-bed on the chest of drawers, but if I'm home she can
usually be found sleeping somewhere near me. She will come
sit on my lap when she wants affection, but most of the time
it seems as though she simply wants to sense me nearby.