Mom, WHY are yoo watching a D*G SHOW????

Old March 11th 07, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Miles

Default Mom, WHY are yoo watching a D*G SHOW????

I was watching Crufts this evening on BBC. It is quite possibly the
biggest dog show in the world. I watch it every year. Most of the time,
the cats completely ignore me when I am watching TV - sure, one of them
may get on my lap, but that's about it, and HRFL tiger never pays
attention to the TV.

But this evening I couldn't stop laughing. HRFL Tiger and Miss Lily
Whiskers were doing *EVERYTHING* to get my attention so I couldn't watch
the dog show, from upside-downy-head, to HRFL threatening to spray my
books, to Miss Lily Whiskers sticking her paws in my tea, and so on. The
funniest was when Lily sat on the back of the sofa and started smacking
my head with her paw to get attention. When Mary Rae, one of the UK's
top dog trainers did her obedience to music routine with her two
collies, well I thought that HRFL was going to have a coniption fit. He
was trying to find them behind the back of the TV!

Needless to say, I saw very little of Crufts. My cats saw to that. A

Helen M

Old March 11th 07, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:ecd8745ebc4c703db3056998e3903cf6.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
[...]

I watched it too, but fortunately neither of my cats noticed. They were
both slumbering in front of the kitchen fire ;-)
I really miss having dogs and showing them.
I know Zena Thorn-Andrews who judged best in show. I predicted that the
Tibetan terrier would get the top spot but I thought she would go for the
bloodhound as reserve since she is a hound breeder herself.
That's not suggesting she is prejudiced towards hounds, but when we keep
hounds we tend to know more about them and recognise a good one when we see
it.
She went for the Wire haired Fox Terrier as reserve. Nice dog, but I think
the bloodhound was robbed!
I used to do a bit of judging myself. Once upon a time; not at Crufts
standard, though. To be asked to judge at Crufts is like a lifetime
achievement award.

Tweed

Old March 11th 07, 11:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:ecd8745ebc4c703db3056998e3903cf6.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
I was watching Crufts this evening on BBC. It is quite possibly the
biggest dog show in the world. I watch it every year. Most of the time,
the cats completely ignore me when I am watching TV - sure, one of them
may get on my lap, but that's about it, and HRFL tiger never pays
attention to the TV.

I was watching a stock dog competition earlier today. Jake just left the
room in a huff. The program was focused on an Australian Cattle Dog. But
the part I loved was the Border Collies in the stands watching his routine,
just as intently as their handlers were.

Jo

Old March 12th 07, 02:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 23:38:10 GMT, "Jo Firey"
yodeled:

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:ecd8745ebc4c703db3056998e3903cf6.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
I was watching Crufts this evening on BBC. It is quite possibly the
biggest dog show in the world. I watch it every year. Most of the time,
the cats completely ignore me when I am watching TV - sure, one of them
may get on my lap, but that's about it, and HRFL tiger never pays
attention to the TV.

I was watching a stock dog competition earlier today. Jake just left the
room in a huff. The program was focused on an Australian Cattle Dog. But
the part I loved was the Border Collies in the stands watching his routine,
just as intently as their handlers were.

Jo

Did they hold up little signs with his scores?

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old March 12th 07, 10:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Helen Miles wrote:
[...]

Did you notice behind Ben Fogle's head was the Cats Protection stand?
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old March 12th 07, 01:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Miles

"Adrian A" wrote in message
om

Did you notice behind Ben Fogle's head was the Cats Protection stand?

I did. Very clever product placement.

Helen M

Old March 13th 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Helen Miles wrote:

[...]

What a great story! And you still did not explain why you were watching
a d*g show
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek