Off to the vet this morning

Old October 5th 10, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Off to the vet this morning

Back in March, Nipsy didn't show up for the 5am feeding although Marlo
and Espy munched away. He did eat around 6:00 when I got up for work
so I figured he was ok after all. That evening he was very lethargic
and making pathetic noises so off we went to the emergency vet. $400
later they determined that nothing major was wrong and that he had a
slight case of asthma. Later that night he upchucked a humongous
hairball. I decided that the next time he seemed sick I would wait a
day or two.

He didn't show up for the 5 am feeding this morning. The other three
cats (Scooter joining us during the summer) munched away. Nipsy was on
the bed, looking miserable. I decided I would take him to the vet when
they opened at 8 am rather than risk a trip to the emergency vet when
I came home tonight. He ate fine around 7 am when I got up but I had
made my mind up that we were going to the vet.

Good news. No fever, no abnormal breathing, pretty much normal. Even
though I vowed that I would wait a day or so I just couldn't bring
myself to do it. It kind of made sense, if I'm going to take him in,
then avoid the emergency vet like the plague.

It's so hard to know what to do when they act out of sorts. I'm sure
not going to post that my cat might be sick but I'm not taking him to
the vet for another day. But maybe it makes sense? Well, it was only
$45. But I do have to bring in a poop sample and that will be $80 or
so. Eh, at least he's ok.
Old October 5th 10, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

and i sometimes think its better for my mental health to go ahead and take
them even when i am lostly sure its just an off day, if he hurkes another
hairball then maybe you can treat for that first before going, last trip to
the ER vet for Tiger was almost a grand, same for TV's heart event, Lee
"dgk" wrote in message
news
[...]

not a morning cat John F. Eldredge Cat anecdotes 9 April 5th 09 01:50 AM
Bad morning Outsider Cat anecdotes 17 January 12th 08 11:17 PM
Had to put our cat down this morning :( stonej Cat health & behaviour 15 October 11th 05 03:24 AM
What a morning :^) Sheenah Cat anecdotes 12 July 17th 05 10:35 PM
Cat Nip in the Morning........ LMarks Cat anecdotes 1 January 6th 05 08:20 PM