BENGAL cats

Old April 27th 05, 05:29 PM
Mary

"kaeli" wrote in message
In article ,
enlightened us with...
Orchid, I know for a fact that breeders of both cats and dogs
DO kill babies with undesirable traits. I did not say that all do--
and you certainly cannot say that *none* do.

Why would they?
Responsible breeders care about their animals

The "responsible" qualifier is yours, not mine.

, so they wouldn't just cull
like this. They alter the animal and sell it as a pet.
BYB are out to make a buck, so they don't give a damn if the animal

conforms
to standards. They sell anything. They are known to kill adults once

they're
too old or sick to breed, but you specified babies.

Culling is hardly ever done any more from what I've heard by talking to

real
breeders (that is, they show their animals and love their breed), and when

it
IS done, it's because the poor animal had a serious defect that rendered

it
unacceptable as even a pet.

Real breeders.

Who has told you that they cull their animals? If you propose it as FACT

then
you must be able to provide proof. And was it recently? It used to be

common
in dog breeders -- 30 years ago.

Again, I'm mostly talking about cat breeders, either of the BYB or show
variety. People who breed racing hounds, sledding dogs, and fighting dogs
still can, and do, cull. But since that's a dog issue, I consider it

pretty
irrelevant to the topic of buying a purebred cat.

--

Well then, add this post to the irrelevant pile. BTW, last I
heard, there were a few unwanted dogs around, too.

I am really surprised that you are pro-breeder, "real"
or otherwise. To each her own.

Old April 27th 05, 05:33 PM
Mary

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Philip wrote:

Please. Such self loathing is beneath you. Getting laid once in

awhile
puts a smile on your face and spring in your step. ;-)

Hey - I am an environmental biologist by degree. Cut me some slack!

-L.

I love this. Pigs talking to each other. Who knew?

Old April 27th 05, 06:59 PM
CatNipped

wrote in message
oups.com...

Well, Sherry? How's your Assholeometer reading now?

Heh. He met Sherry's Assholio Criteria the moment he show his obvious
assholiness toward women.

Sherry

This attitude is what I discerned just a little bit sooner and got trashed
by some here for pointing out - others who are now being trashed in turn by
him (cough*Lyn*cough). Whenever I see a man who feels so clearly "superior"
to beings weaker than himself (be it women, children, or animals) red
warning lights start going off in my mind. It may be subtle, but if you've
ever dealt with a abusive person you get to know even the most subtle of
signs to watch for, the use of words that tips you off (it's developed in
self-defense and I really can understand how others won't pick up on it as
soon).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 27th 05, 07:00 PM
kaeli

In article , 1chip-state1
@earthlink.n0t enlightened us with...

That's why those women are ... single. ;-)

Last I checked, Mom was married.

~kaeli~
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is
serious.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace