"stay away"

Old January 10th 05, 09:48 PM
Doug Kanter

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
["Followup-To:" header set to rec.pets.cats.health+behav.] On 2005-01-08,
Doug
Kanter penned:

"Mike Z. Helm" wrote in message

Yeah....but still....it's a dog. Come on...you know they're vermin. If
they
ever had a molecule of nobility, we've bred it out of them. If you want a
real dog, have some real balls. Get a wolf.

Yeah, it's much better to keep a wild animal in captivity than to keep a
pet
who actually enjoys being with humans, like a dog does.

*boggle*

I think it's pretty poor form to come to a pet newsgroup and talk about
dogs
as "vermin." A lot of cat lovers also love dogs, and a lot of cats get
along
well with dogs, too.

I think it's poor form to even MENTION a dog on the same day you mention
cats, but hey....that's just my opinion.

Old January 12th 05, 10:51 AM
Jean Hobbs

Good on you Monique, I was just getting ready to answer that one myself.
Apart from the last few years,when I haven't been able to walk one, I've
always had a dog as well as a cat, and I think they are loving, loyal, and
protective animals, except for the few who are trained to be aggresive,
and that is not their fault but the fault of the so called*humans* who
own them. Jean.P.

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old July 10th 05, 10:48 AM

Oh great, now someone is suggesting threatening cats with guns. Let
me tell you it's not a smart idea. One of my cats just wouldn't
listen when I told it to stay out of the closet. After month I finally
put my 40 cal. S&W to it's head and told it to behave or else.

A week later I couldn't find this gun anywhere. It has a special
bracket it fits into that is concealed by clothes hanging in there.
Several days later I found it...minus the clip, buried under blankets
stored on a shelf in the same closet. I have to yet find the clip.
All the while I was looking for the gun the cat sat on the bed
watching me.....it now sits on the TV at night and watches me while I
sleep. If I wake up, there it is staring at me, creepy. I now sleep
with the gun under my pillow. DON'T threaten cats with guns.....it's
really BAD.....cats.....you just can't trust them.....EVER!!!

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 17:42:09 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

I love cats, but on the counter is a Really Bad Thing. Just waving this
around should do the trick, without ever having to use it:
http://www.taurususa.com/products/pr...ategory=Pistol

Cats will understand.

"ken" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone have esperience with a sensor-device called STAY AWAY? If a
cat jumps on a table or counter, the sensor sets off a noise and a
blast of air?
Does it work and if so, where can you buy it?

Thanks

Ken

"stay away" ken Cat anecdotes 38 January 10th 05 09:37 PM
How long kittens stay with Mom Priscilla Ballou Cat health & behaviour 6 January 4th 05 06:11 PM
stay away ken Cat health & behaviour 1 December 17th 04 12:53 AM
Why my cats stay inside Wendy Cat health & behaviour 14 December 18th 03 09:47 PM
Cat doesn't want to stay indoors Miner At The Dial-A-View Cat health & behaviour 66 September 27th 03 04:30 AM