"speed bump" for cats?

Old September 29th 05, 02:24 AM
Cheryl

On Wed 28 Sep 2005 08:56:22p, Rebecca Root wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
(news:2005092818562216807%rroot@indracom):

I agree with those that suggest an environmental sound maker. If
it were me, I wouldn't shut the door. For one thing, that might
encourage them to slide into it and make more noise.

Same here. Though, it might be worth a try to put up a baby gate in
the middle of the hall. It won't stop the running but they'd have
to slow down to jump over it. Like you say below, they'll outgrow
it.

Also, I
wouldn't want to discourage them from sleeping near by. My
experience is that the night time habits of kittens change a lot
over the first 6 months, so it's worth it to wait for them to
mature enough to sleep through the night. I think it's a
developmental thing, like with babies. As they mature and get
used to my habits, I get progressively better at sleeping with
their backgroung noise and motion, and somewhere at about 3-4
months these two processes meet where I can sleep through the
night with them sleeping nearby and both of us coming and going
in the night as we see fit.

But then again, you might want to try a throw rug on the end of
the hall near your room. Either one that sticks pretty well, so
that their feet are muffled as they run by, or a very loose one
that they can run and slide on. Don't know which would be best.

That would be really cool mom! LOL Yeah, yeah! Install a slide
for us! My youngest love sliding across the kitchen floor on the
throw rug in front of the sink.

/speaking for the kittens. hehehe

--
Cheryl
Old September 29th 05, 03:33 AM
DevilsPGD

In message Cheryl
wrote:

On Wed 28 Sep 2005 08:56:22p, Rebecca Root wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
(news:2005092818562216807%rroot@indracom):

I agree with those that suggest an environmental sound maker. If
it were me, I wouldn't shut the door. For one thing, that might
encourage them to slide into it and make more noise.

Same here. Though, it might be worth a try to put up a baby gate in
the middle of the hall. It won't stop the running but they'd have
to slow down to jump over it. Like you say below, they'll outgrow
it.

Mine run faster to get up some inertia before jumping two baby gates...
Rather defeats the purpose

--
FORTY-SEVEN MILLION LOSE LOTTERY
One winner declared "statistical aberration"
Old September 29th 05, 04:29 AM

yes. my 2 Moe & Rudy do the same and we live in an upstairs apartment,
lady downstairs has one cat say when ours start running her;s does two

we're hoping when they get older they can sleep with us, for now
bedtime means bdrm door is shut

i keep several nightlights on for them and keep radio on, if they get
too wild one is shut in spare bdrm w/food, toys and litter box (we have
2)

we try letting them if we take a nap, they jump on hubby chest to the
window and back down on his chest again, he has cancer not good...also
like to sleep on top of your head and will head butt you....so that
doesnt work either

they were from the SPCA I think they're adjusting to their humans

though for the most part now, they both are cuddlely, and loved to be
hugged

also you can try feliway
seems to helped us some

lynn

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
~Oscar Wilde