Help - cat keeps licking her back

Old September 25th 05, 10:57 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 17:35:50 +0000, grasshopper
wrote:

This it's a great example how willow's
mean spirit has hurt us all, and how removing her from the house has
created a better environment for our other animal. She is the problem
not us as you state Just look at the statistics...4 to 1.

It sounds like you are angry at this animal, which is not the best
emotional framework for a sound decision. My opinion is, if your
daughter likes the cat, you better hang onto it. She's gonna be a
teenager in four years. You want to be her hero now, so she'll listen
to you then. Figure out a way to keep both cats happy and separate.
You can do it.

Charlie
Old September 27th 05, 08:23 AM
IBen Getiner

grasshopper wrote:
raenee Wrote:
My grandma's cat is about the same, but he does that to his shoulders.
She took him to the vet and the vet gave him some pills to take. That
seemed to do the trick, but the pills were too expensive, and so she
puts a cone on him whenever he tries to lick himself...

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT SHE TAKES TO HELP THE LICKING. I just posted up
that my cat is licking her stomach and she won't stop. We've had the
cone on for 3 months and I wish we could figure out why. We've taken
her to the doctor a few times and they don't know why. PLEASE HELP I
DON"T CARE ABOUT THE COST OF THE PILLS I JUST WANT MY LILLY TO BE OK!

--
grasshopper

Are you petting her down the spine? Because if you are, you should be
aware of the fact that cats will do their dead-level best to get your
human scent off their person (is that the proper word?) and at all
cost. They must at all times have a fresh coat of dried saliva covering
every square inch of their furry little bodies (this is what is known
as cat dander, by the way ... the peeling off of their dried saliva
that gets inhaled by you, the allergy sufferer). Our little boy groomed
himself incessantly and at first, we assumed he needed our help in
bathing, so we instituted a severe bathing regiment. We even tried an
Elizabethan collar, but to no avail. It only made things worse. We have
since learned that the constant process of covering themselves with a
coat of their own saliva is a kat's way of loving himself. If you don't
want them to lick as much, then you must not pet. At least, not without
having non-latex 100 percent cotton gloves on.

IBen

Old September 27th 05, 02:04 PM
5cats

IBen Getiner wrote:

[...]

I guess I must smell better than you do, since none of my cats has ever
shown a desire to groom excessively after I pet them or after sitting on
my lap.
Old September 27th 05, 05:44 PM
grasshopper grasshopper is offline
Junior Member

Ok here'a an update...

I have contacted Animal Welfare and they will be taking Willow into their adoption facility. They are well known for great treatment and they have a no kill policy. They have already found Willow an owner ...we just need to surrender her.

Dave

Thanks for your help everyone

I ben...thanks for your questions here's the answer...

Lilly is such a lover and follows me everywhere, I have never had a cat like this..she's the best! She actually climbs under the sheets at night and turns around so her head is sticking out of the covers like us and sleeps so I have my chest to her back. ....The point I'm trying to get to is I don't think she cares about my scent. She does it to my wife too. The licking we are experiencing is a behavioral response to Willow. Every since we removed willow she has been licking less and less. Hair is actually growing back.

Dave
Old September 28th 05, 07:49 AM
Candace

grasshopper wrote:
Ok here'a an update...

I have contacted Animal Welfare and they will be taking Willow into
their adoption facility. They are well known for great treatment and
they have a no kill policy. They have already found Willow an owner
...we just need to surrender her.

Dave

If you're telling the truth, then I'm sure it's best for Willow to be
able to be away from people who don't care about her. I hope it is
really a no-kill facility and you're not just yanking our chain. I
wish Willow the very best and hope she will one day have a very happy
life with someone who gives a crap about her.

Candace

Old September 28th 05, 02:31 PM
grasshopper grasshopper is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candace
grasshopper wrote:
Ok here'a an update...

I have contacted Animal Welfare and they will be taking Willow into
their adoption facility. They are well known for great treatment and
they have a no kill policy. They have already found Willow an owner
...we just need to surrender her.

Dave

If you're telling the truth, then I'm sure it's best for Willow to be
able to be away from people who don't care about her. I hope it is
really a no-kill facility and you're not just yanking our chain. I
wish Willow the very best and hope she will one day have a very happy
life with someone who gives a crap about her.

Candace

Boy am I tired of most of you people....If I didn't care fo this animal...I would have put her down and buried her in the back yard. I would have not given her a chance nor pay 275 dollars to keep her alive til she is adopted. We want the best for Willow and unfortunately it's not with us. This adoption facility is a good one and will guarantee Willow will either be adopted or live till she dies of natural causes. Even the owner has to sign a no kill contract stating that if for some reason Willow gets hurt and needs emergency care, and he doesn't want to pay for it, (risking her life) or just doesn't want Willow anymore.....he has to surender her to the welfare program. It ensures a good life for Willow. I don't understand why you can't see out of the box. If Willow is miserable and a new owner can offer a much nicer environment, they why is that "not caring for this animal" I'm offering her a better life. The fact that I drew a line on how far we will go is a boundry I have made, and life is full of boundries.
Old September 29th 05, 07:03 AM
Candace

grasshopper wrote:

I don't understand why you can't see out of
the box. If Willow is miserable and a new owner can offer a much nicer
environment, they why is that "not caring for this animal" I'm offering
her a better life. The fact that I drew a line on how far we will go is
a boundry I have made, and life is full of boundries.

Yeah, it's *I* who can't see outside the box. I *said* it's good
Willow is going somewhere where people will love and care for her.
Good for her. I hope she has a wonderful life.

Candace

Old September 30th 05, 07:00 PM

grasshopper wrote:

I don't understand why you can't see out of
the box. If Willow is miserable and a new owner can offer a much nicer
environment, they why is that "not caring for this animal" I'm offering
her a better life. The fact that I drew a line on how far we will go is
a boundry I have made, and life is full of boundries.

Yeah, it's *I* who can't see outside the box. I *said* it's good
Willow is going somewhere where people will love and care for her.
Good for her. I hope she has a wonderful life.

Candace

How dare you state I don't care about this animal. I do that's why I'm taking the necessary step to make sure she has a nice and happy life.
Old October 1st 05, 03:30 AM
SexySoxy

grasshopper wrote:

Yeah, it's *I* who can't see outside the box. I *said* it's good
Willow is going somewhere where people will love and care for her.
Good for her. I hope she has a wonderful life.

Candace

How dare you state I don't care about this animal. I do that's why I'm
taking the necessary step to make sure she has a nice and happy life.

Fine, that's swell. Why don't you get on with it then instead of just
shutting her outside your house? Let her go on to a happier chapter in
her life.

SS