HRFL Tiger Update

Old January 28th 08, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default HRFL Tiger Update

Just got back from TED. HRFL was very good and let Michael examine him
thoroughly.

It seems he's been bitten several times on the chest, front leg and
shoulder - all in all, in the words of TED "Your boy had a bit of a
barney with someone!"

HRFL will be fine he escaped with antibiotics and anti-inflamatory as
he is a bit sore and bruised.

My bank balance escaped quite lightly too. Only £45!! (US$ 90)

Still, I got cut a break in Pets at Home. Royal Canin was on special
offer at £4 off per bag and the James Wellbeloved dog food was 1/2
price at £3.29 instead of £6.79 per 2kg bag! On top of that, I had a
15% off voucher, so instead of my pet food bill coming to £63, it was
only £33!!

Thanks for the purrs for my boy - yet again, they worked. )

Helen M

Old January 29th 08, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chris Havlicek

wrote:
Just got back from TED. HRFL was very good and let Michael examine him
thoroughly.

It seems he's been bitten several times on the chest, front leg and
shoulder - all in all, in the words of TED "Your boy had a bit of a
barney with someone!"

HRFL will be fine he escaped with antibiotics and anti-inflamatory as
he is a bit sore and bruised.

My bank balance escaped quite lightly too. Only £45!! (US$ 90)

Still, I got cut a break in Pets at Home. Royal Canin was on special
offer at £4 off per bag and the James Wellbeloved dog food was 1/2
price at £3.29 instead of £6.79 per 2kg bag! On top of that, I had a
15% off voucher, so instead of my pet food bill coming to £63, it was
only £33!!

Thanks for the purrs for my boy - yet again, they worked. )

Helen M

Hey Helen -

Glad he's OK, relatively speaking, and that your funds didn't
take a big hit. I had a $465 US bill for taking Tripper in
a few weeks ago during emergency hours. Granted, that covered
the exam, ear treatment for an infection, and the geriatric
blood panel that I wanted to get for him, but....

His Royal Feline Lordship may be bruised physically, but it sounds
like he was giving good and not backing down, if the wounds are on
his front. Glad he let TED look him over properly so he can get better
quickly, and hopefully *not* do that again any time soon...

Purrs ongoing.....

Chris and the Fairfax Fur Factory
Old February 8th 08, 07:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Wow, glad none of the bites were too serious and none of them
abscessed. So is he shaved all over to clean out the bite wounds?

Damn it must have been SOME scuffle.

And I know what HRFL Tiger was thinking when the vet was looking at
him.

"You think I look bad, you ought to have seen what I did to the OTHER
cat!"
Old February 9th 08, 08:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Feb 8, 7:24*am, Mischief wrote:
Wow, glad none of the bites were too serious and none of them
abscessed. *So is he shaved all over to clean out the bite wounds?

Damn it must have been SOME scuffle.

And I know what HRFL Tiger was thinking when the vet was looking at
him.

"You think I look bad, you ought to have seen what I did to the OTHER
cat!"

Yes, it was apparently one hell of a dust-up. HRFL Tiger looks like
his fur has had an attack of moths. Ted only shaved a few small spots
- the big bald patches were where the fur had been pulled out already
by the other cat! Fortunately, nothing had abcessed as he had the
fight Sunday and saw TED Monday evening, but he did have a shot of
long acting antibiotic so that he didn't get an abcess in the wounds
or cellulitis in his leg....

And the fact that all the wounds were on his front suggests to me that
HRFL Tiger was asserting his royal authority instead of running away
like he usually does.... (wuss that he is!). TED even wondered if he'd
had a fight with a rat rather than a cat as we have a fair few around
here, mostly dead, after Pandora and Miss Lily Whiskers have been out
ratting.

Helen M