The Saga of Anti Heather- or How I Came To Be Owned By So Many Cats -Chapter Two

Old April 8th 08, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

Default The Saga of Anti Heather- or How I Came To Be Owned By So Many Cats -Chapter Two

Chapter Two: Kissa and Willow - In 1997, a litter of kittens was born
in the barn where we boarded our horse. There were three in the
litter - two orange boys, and a petite white and grey girl. I used to
carry the little girl kitty around inside my lumber jacket. She was
soooooooooo cute. When they were old enough, someone from a farm down
the road came and took one of the boys. Not long afterward, the man
came back and said the kitten had disappeared. He took the other boy
kitten home with him.

It was only a matter of a couple of weeks before the man came back to
the farm and said he'd found the little boy kitten dead. I won't go
into gory details here, but he mentioned hawks and coyotes. Unca
Graeme and I happened to be there at the time, and when the man said
he'd like to take the little girl kitty, I stepped up and told him he
couldn't have her because she was coming home with us. There was no
way I was leaving her there. I didn't want the same thing to happen
to her as had happened to at least one of her brothers; likely both.
We named her Kissa (pronounced Keesa), which means cat in the Finnish
language. When she was a kitten, she fell out of the hayloft, and has
arthritis in her back. She also has eye problems, and has an anxiety
problem (she chews the hair on her front legs and belly when she's
stressed).

Also in 1997, while at an auction in a business complex, we discovered
four or five little houses near the parking lot. I inquired about
them, and was told there was a feral colony living in them. I found
out that the owner of one of the businesses was their caretaker, and
went to see her.

She told me that they had been living in the piles of steel in the
yard next door when she first discovered them. When the weather
started getting cold, someone had made these houses, so they could be
warm during the winter. These houses were amazing! The roofs came
off for cleaning, they were insulated, they were separated into little
"rooms" inside, and they even had Plexiglas windows!

I started taking food for them, and even managed to befriend a few,
and was able to pet them. I started visiting quite often, and one
day, I noticed a little black long-haired kitten in the office, and
asked about her.

Bev told me that she had been living in a colony a couple of blocks
away, but was getting beat up by others in her colony, so the person
who looked after them brought her to Bev's colony, hoping she'd do
better there, but she didn't. She was quite the hissy little thing,
but it didn't matter, I was in love.

We decided to adopt her, and took her home with us. She was seven
months old, and very nasty toward people. If you even looked at her
sideways, she'd hiss and spit, and take a swipe at you. Before too
long, she calmed down and learned to trust us, and realize that we
weren't going to hurt her. We named her Willow. Willow has become a
very mushy girl, who loves to sit on your lap and be brushed. She has
been a pretend mum to many of the kittens who have come through over
the years.

Old April 8th 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On Apr 8, 3:04*pm, wrote:
[...]

Dat wuz anuvver moovin chaptur ub a wunnerful bigbig saga. Dat kitty
nam Willow iss innerestin. Myown dottir Missy still don' wike hoominz
ann hisses at dem. Butted Meowmie ann Uncl Bill still luv her, very
karfully. It iz innerestin dat shee haz been a pertend mum. I wuz a
reel mum to seffen litters an hav been a pertend mum too sefferul mor
an too a puppy, hoo turnd out too be r d*g Bear. Alsew, we haff a
gudgud fren nam a Willow. Shee iss a wunnerful kitty two.

Fangu four bein sew nise to kitteees an fangu four sharin da storee.

--
Maggy May
Old April 8th 08, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Booker

Dat was a furry bootiful storri. I'm like Kissa, cept I lik my tummy an
bak legs wen trooder kittiez git into my bakyard. Pawpaw gifs me a gud
gud treet to stop me frum likin.

Booker

We give him 1/2 tablet of Ovaban once a week. And he'll stand on his
hind legs to take it out of my husbands fingers. He gets his pit-r-pat
treats that way, and the only thing we can figure is that the pill has
no taste and he figures it's just a bad treat. Of course, it's always
followed by a real treat! Given all the cats that I've struggled to pill
over the years, this sure is a treat.

Old April 8th 08, 11:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

I guesses onli kitteez wif real attitude getsa name willow, Stormmee, prowd
of her own furnd willow who lifez atta gramby's howze

Old April 15th 08, 07:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Ajo Clowder >^.^[_2_]

Anti MIL Heather, yew furgot tu sey dat Kissa grew up tu be da mostist
beeyewteeful cat inna hole wild wurld!
Ralph de Ralf

Old April 15th 08, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

On Apr 8, 3:15*pm, Will in New Haven
wrote:
On Apr 8, 3:04*pm, wrote:

[...]

Maggy May- Hide quoted text -

Thank you sweetie. skritch skritch You've certainly been busy being
a mum, especially to a puppy! My story is a very long one, and
there's still lots more to come.

Anti Heather
Old April 15th 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

That's very interesting that your pawpaw gives you treats to make you
stop licking. Does it work?

Anti Heather

Ovaban; I'll have to talk to the vet about that. Kissa gets herself
raw from licking/chewing. Thank goodness she hasn't done it in
awhile. She's only a little thing, but it's murder trying to get a
pill down her throat.

wrote:
[...]

the years.- Hide quoted text -

Old April 15th 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

It sounds that way. My Willow has calmed down as she's gotten older,
but she still shows attitude if she thinks it's necessary.

Anti Heather

Old April 15th 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

Oh Ralph, I'm so sorry! Thank you for reminding me of my omission.

Anti Heather, offering skritches and pouncees

Old April 15th 08, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Booker

Anti Heatfur,

Yes, it wurkz. TED puts me on a dekreasin dose. I get 3 half pillz a
week fur 2 weeks, den 2 fur two weeks, now one half pill per week. It
helpz a lot.

Booker

Our vet said that it makes some kitties lovey dovey, but Booker's always
so friendly with everyone that we can't tell a difference. It takes a
while to tell if it's working, because the hair has to grow back. This
is the send bout he's had, we had him on it a couple of years ago. He
also tends to pee where he shouldn't when he's anxious, and this helps
with that, too. Not sure any other kitty would be stupid enough to take
it as a treat though, but it must not have any bad taste.

Julie

Whooze kallin me stoopid?? Pawpaw rubz Pit-r-Pat all ofur da pillz, dey
tayst like a treet.

Booker