The Saga of Anti Heather- or How I Came To Be Owned By So Many Cats -Chapter Four

Old April 14th 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

Default The Saga of Anti Heather- or How I Came To Be Owned By So Many Cats -Chapter Four

Chapter Four: Hemi and Marble – After Zoé went to the Bridge, Willow
was beside herself with grief. It was heartbreaking to watch her
wandering around the apartment calling out for her baby Zoé.

We heard about a 9-week old black male polydactyl kitten that was
going to be sent to the pound if a home couldn’t be found for him. We
decided to take him, and hoped Willow would be happy with a new “baby”
to look after. He was a hissy little thing, but Willow soon put him
in his place, and was happy to have another baby to look after. We
named him Ernest P. Hemingway (Hemi). Hemi is one of the few cats
that live here permanently that doesn’t have medical issues. He’s a
polydactyl and does however, have very strange, and hard to trim
claws.

He has seven toes on each front – one foot is double-pawed, and the
other is more like a club. He also has dew claws on his back feet.
And if the thought of trimming 22 claws on one cat isn’t enough to
drive you crazy, he’s also double-clawed on all. The double set of
claws are called “horns”, and grow from the bottom up. Picture a
lobster’s pinchers. They need to be trimmed also, so that makes a
grand total of 44 claws/horns to trim on one cat!

Our friend Nick, a garbage man (the same one who told us about Hemi)
is also involved with us adopting Marble.

Another garbage collector was picking up an old couch to throw on the
truck, and out onto the pavement, dropped a tiny orange and white
kitten, landing at his feet. He picked it up and put it in the cab of
the truck where it was nice and warm.. The compacter was immediately
shut off, and he heard a faint mewing coming from inside the couch.
He and his partner tore the couch apart, and found another tiny
kitten, this one all orange. After making sure there were no other
kittens inside the couch, they carried on.

Having no knowledge of kittens, he called Nick because they knew he
had two cats of his own. Although Nick didn’t know much about kittens
either, he took them and raised them till they were ready to be
adopted.

He took them to the vet right away, and was told they were healthy,
approximately 2 weeks old girls. He called me as soon as he got home
to tell me about them. I couldn’t wait till the weekend to go and see
these tiny kittens. His vet had showed him how to feed and stimulate
them, but I refreshed his memory, and helped him with them while I was
there. Every chance I got, I was over there, helping him with the
kittens, watching them grow.

He had wanted to see them get adopted together, but when the time
came, the person who was supposed to adopt them both, changed her mind
and said she only wanted one. Needless to say, I told him I’d take
her.  We had picked up Hemi from Nick’s, so they had already met,
and were about the same age. Willow would have two babies to look
after.

When Marble started showing similar symptoms that Zoé had, we had a
DNA run on her. The tests came back positive – she had
Panleukopenia. I was horrified! We followed the same routine we had
with Zoé, and Marble also beat it. Paul, our vet, told us that she
may not have a normal lifespan, but it’s now seven years later, and
Marble is still the feisty little girl she always has been.
Old April 14th 08, 11:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

not onli iz YOU a gud Hoomin you Knowz sum gud hoominz alzo... Booker iz
yourown hoomin gettin alla diz, Trudi
wrote in message
Chapter Four: Hemi and Marble - After Zo went to the Bridge, Willow
[...]

When Marble started showing similar symptoms that Zo had, we had a
DNA run on her. The tests came back positive - she had
Panleukopenia. I was horrified! We followed the same routine we had
with Zo, and Marble also beat it. Paul, our vet, told us that she

Old April 15th 08, 03:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On Apr 14, 5:58 pm, wrote:
Chapter Four: Hemi and Marble - After Zo went to the Bridge, Willow

Deer Anti Heather, I wanna fankyu four heppin da kitteez an speshully
da bitteez. I wuz a mommy-cat free times an I wurry bout bittez in da
krool wurld. Butted I alzo gnow dat menny bitteez haff luvly timez
wivvin h homez wike yoorz an uvver speshul peeoplz. A happy, sassy
bittee wiff a loving hom iz such a byootiful site. Uncl Bill cotted a
bitty lass summer butted hee givd hur back to her hoomin meowmie hoo
wuz lookin four hur. I unnerstan but I shoor wanned da bitty.

--
Maggy May
Cuddleseep iz speshul

Old April 15th 08, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

wel lemme tell yourself, I knowz bowt bad hooninz i kaned ta lif wif soft
anna furry when i wuz juzta babycat anna i alread had been shotted wif
beebeez anna starfed anna beated by hoominz so i knowz a gud hoomin when i
seez one, Trudi, xpurrt hoomin hater

Old April 15th 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

You were a mommy-cat three times Maggie May? I can understand your
worry about the little ones. It can be a cruel world out there, and
there aren't nearly enough humans to look after those who have been
cast aside. I'm glad Uncle Bill managed to reunite the little one
with her human. I couldn't bear it if one of my kitties went
missing. Maybe Uncle Bill will find another bitty for you.

Anti Heather

Old April 15th 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

That's horrible Trudi. You poor thing! You're one lucky kitty to
have found such a wonderful home.

Anti Heather

seez one, Trudi, xpurrt hoomin wrote in message

[...]

Marble is still the feisty little girl she always has been.- Hide quoted text -

Old April 15th 08, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

i keeps tryinta get hims ta take mathew Harold anna Barbie, dey izunt
teknialli biddiez butted dey aktz likit, Trudi

Old April 15th 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

diz wuuld be a purrfekt onetrue home ceptin fur da ofur kitteez, Trudi, not
all that fond of other cats either

Old April 15th 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Auntie Soft, we iz onta you. U just lookin for anxkuze fora road tripz.
Reallie, we knowz u iz konserned dat dese two geta gudgud onetruehome.
O T running to hids before he gets smacked by Piglet.