Tribute to Amelia T Cat

Old October 30th 15, 01:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ranger MacDude

Default Tribute to Amelia T Cat

Dis is based on what I haf heard about Amelia, cuz most of it happened
before I was born.

When Amelia was a tiny little kitten, she liked to jump realreal high.
She loved to jump from da top of set of high shelves in da bedroom to da
top of another set of high shelves. Dat's how she getted her name. Her
nickname was "The Flying Kitten", so her 'fficial name was Amelia, in
honor of da hoomin Amelia Earhardt.

Her was a very skilled hunter of bugs. Her would get irritated when a
bug flew up high to da ceiling to get away, so Paw would pick her up and
hold her real high by da ceiling so she could get da bugs. Dey called
dis "high hunting".

When we all was living in Highland, Catifurnia she continued to be a
mighty huntress. Early on, before I was dere, Cleopatra Silvercat an DD
was in da back yard hunting. Dere was a gopher hole, and dey was sitting
beside it, still as statues, making no noise at all. Dey was sitting and
staring, waiting to pounce. When Amelia camed out she saw dat gopher
hole, said "Wow, somefing to hunt" and runned over and stuck her paw
down da hole as far as she could reach. Cleocatra and DD gave her a
powerful glare and stalked away.

Anuffer time one of da kitties chased a gopher into da kitchen and under
da table. Dere was some boxes and fings dere, so it had some place to
hide. All da kitties was participating in da hunt, but Amelia was up
high on top of one of da boxes, directing da offur kitties where to go.
Dey soon catched it!

One time Meowmie an Paw decided to take a vacation fur about a week, so
dey arranged fur Grandmeowmie and Unka Pat to come over an take care of
us efurry day. Da offur kitties was scared, but not me an Amelia. When
Grandmeowmie comed over I allez came over to see her an let her pet me.
An when Unka Pat camed over Amelia used to come out fur pettings.
Grandmeowmie would haf sworn dat I was do only cat in house, and Unkq
Pat would have sworn dat Amelia was do only cat in da house.

Her did not like riding in da car. When we moved from Iowa to Illinois,
we all rided wif Paw in hims pickup truck (we all miss dat truck!). When
we getted to Illinois, Paw bringed us into da house one at a time. Him
bring 3 of us in (by dis time dere was 4 of usses), de him couldn't find
Amelia. Him was afraid dat her getted out when him made a stop fur a
bafroom break, and him was scared! Fortunately he had put locator tags
on all of us, so he brought it out to da truck. It lead him to da back
seat - Amelia was all da way under da seat hiding.

Amelia soon picked Meowmie's home office as her very own. Amelia's comfy
bed was in the corner of da office, and Amelia slept dere almost every
night. I already tolded you about Amelia used to wake Paw up when his
blood sugar dropped very low. She was a excellent nurse kitty, and
efurry one will miss her. A lot.

Ranger
Old October 30th 15, 01:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Doze is wunnerful memoreez, Ranger. Fangu fur sharin dem. Amelia wuz a pillar of da komoonitee an will be missed furry much.

Rebecca