Preparing for the Jellicle Ball

Old October 4th 16, 03:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties[_2_]

Default Preparing for the Jellicle Ball

[As everybody scurries around getting food distributed and put into
storage, they are interrupted by the sound of a fleet of helicopters
flying overhead. As they watch, the choppers make low passes over the
neighboring blackened hillsides, and drop clouds of something green.
After dropping a load of green stuff, a helicopter will fly off, then
the next copter in line drops it's load right next to where the previous
one dropped. In short order all of the surrounding hillsides have been
covered with the mysterious green stuff.

The lead copter approached Ginger Valley, and as it gets closer it’s
seen that this is actually a catacopter, with a little silver kitty at
the controls. The copter lands in a clearing and the kitty gets out.]

Sammy: Francesca, is dat you? What are you doing flying da catacopter?
And where did you find it?

Francesca the Fierce: Yes, itz me. I was going thru da desk in my room
at home - you know, da room dat used to be Harri Roadcat’s - an I
founded her notes on where da catacopter was hangered and how to fly it.
I was out tryin it out when I saw dat all the hills around here was
black, and figgered dat wifout grass an stuff when da rains come all da
soil will wash away. So I ‘ported over to da Forest Service base in Sam
Bernardino an found some offur kitties who could fly, and we dropped a
mixture of grass seed an mulch an fertilizer on da burned areas. Dat way
mebbe some grass will start to grow before the rains come an mebbe we
can avoid flooding.

Sammy: Wow! Dats a good idea. Do you fink mebbe some of da Forest
Service cats could arrange to get more trees planted here, to help da
critters dat eat parts of trees?

Francesca: Already workin on it! Later today a bunch of volunteers will
be flying in wif some seedlings. In fact, dat sounds like dem now.

[Sure enough, a large cargo helicopter is soon seen heading for the
clearing. It’s a good thing it’s a big clearing! After the big Sikorsky
settles and it’s rotors wind down, the side door opens and a large
beaver wearing a hard cat emerges.]

Francesca: Sammy, dis is mine friend Chip. Him brought a dozen
volunteers and dozens of seedlings. Chip, dis is mine brofur Sammy.

Chip: Hey there, Sam! How they hangin? Nice to meetcha. Hey, Franny,
we’re all ready to go. Looks like there’s some very promising growing
areas up on those milder slopes. If nobody has any objection we’ll just
get started planting and watering.
Old October 4th 16, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Community Kitties wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[...]

Mr Bobcat and a group of locals come up to help. Mr Sire and his
daughter have small pull poles (a very ancient device with panniers on
the sides, it doesnt get stuck on the hills). Several deer head out
and knowing trees so well, they direct dogs and others able to dig,
where to put holes for the seedlings. It will also stabilize the soil
with proper placement.

With delight, the little mare squeels when she sees several types of
apple trees! There are 20 in all and they are cross pollenators plus
there are 2 crabapples (universal pollenators) they can centrally
place. They are big ones (6-7ft) so in 2 years, they should have a
natural crop of apples. With careful measurement, they plant them in 2
cirles with a crabapple in the center. The circles are far enough
apart, that there will be a gap between them. If they got it right,
the sun will set perfectly between them at the time of the ball, when
standing at the big piece of granite that they always used for
ceremonies.

A bunch of raccons and squirrels run by with seedling pines that will
make lovely pine nuts in a few years. A goat with 2 panniers of
blackberry plants heads to one of the less stable looking cliffs
thinking they grow fast and will stabilize it. She has 2 raccoons on
her back that can nimbly plant them. Their hands/paws make it easy to
hold on as she climbs or drops the sheer cliffs to get to her
destination.

7 Armadilos (most just kids) head out with the livelyist worms from
their breaskfast bowls and break up the soil that was black but healthy
still under it, and drop a few in. Mr Bobcat orders more live
earthworms. He didnt know they were an important part of the forrest,
but now he does.

As things progress, it will be green in spring and some will be green
in 2 weeks.

Five cadres of mice run out to spread the grass seedlings out.

2 dogs help pull out grills from the supplies and drag the propane over
for the smaller kittah chefs. Soon the smell of various goodies waifts
over the area as various animals work.

The domestic kittahs look a little amazed at the things their wild
neighbors eat, but nod as honey is poured over live grubs then set in a
dish, next to another of seared salmon and beside that, one of whole
acorns. Since the cats need just meat, they find it very interesting
to see large bowls of wheat and oat shafts with a flavoring of rye
shafts. It looks like everyone is getting what they need. There is
even (off to the side for the vulture family) a small plank of wood
with a rather aged trout, rolled lightly in what seems to be gravel.
(a critter selects a lovely maggot to sample and determines it is
perfect after sprinkling a little sand for the gullet).

They all scamper to get chairs and such ready.

Just in case of rain, a large pavilon is raised facing the granite rock
that looks over the 2 circles of apple trees. They dont have a fancy
castle or cave, but they hope all will enjoy this year and that Bast
will show!

Old October 7th 16, 05:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

cshenk wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[...]

It hits lunch time and various folks of all sorts converge to the lunch
tables. There is all sorts of different seating from soft pads, to
beds of edible hay and chairs.

They pretty much have a setup for the event, with a rain shield. Folks
will watch the sunset from the big flat rock, through the apple trees,
then at sunrise, face the other way.

Francheska looks into setting up a band of sorts while Misty and
Snowball look for how to setup a hostess table for the book of guests.

To the side, in a very tall tree, a 12ft long, 4ft wide shelf over a
strong branch is assembled. The locals don't know if Bast or Sirus
will show but they got the hint that they will be up high and don't
know if they need a spot to settle or if they just show from the sky.
They wrap it in natural vines so as to have good grips then nail
pillows here and there in blue and pink. Cash laughs as the pink is
his favorite hot pink!

Once all have eaten, they take a siesta. Soft snores, purrs, and other
noises pervade.

Old October 9th 16, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

[...]

Waking, a local asks what this is really about although it seems fun.

In an attempt to answer, they play this:

Why we don't morn, we celebrate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNApcyzaY60

Old October 11th 16, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
P2nya

--

That wuz lufferlee, I watshed twu of them.

Pet2nya AKA Sweetee
Old October 11th 16, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

P2nya wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

Waking, a local asks what this is really about although it seems
fun.

In an attempt to answer, they play this:

Why we don't morn, we celebrate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNApcyzaY60

--

That wuz lufferlee, I watshed twu of them.

Pet2nya AKA Sweetee

Grin, I'm having fun looking at little alternate additions suitable
(could be daytime play as folks arrive). I had found a perfect one for
the Hawaii set last year (non-denominational and non-religious) but am
still poking about.

Will any be upset if I don't find a perfect one for this year?
Normally there is at least one other to complement (based on internet
searches of past Jellicle balls) and i was looking along the theme of
Native American (seemed cool). Humm, I have an idea! I'll hunt
another 2 types of music that speak to this sort of setup.

PS: suggestions welcome but please use email (mine is not munged).

Carol

Old October 12th 16, 05:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pit2nya[_2_]

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 2:16:36 PM UTC-7, cshenk wrote:
[...]

Once we had a Paw-ball game.I think it was on a Fourth of July/Catnada Day.
Hop scotch? Jump rope?
Races? Relay? Crow-K?
HTH

Pit2nya

Old October 12th 16, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Pit2nya wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[...]

I ws looking at Crow-K actually! For the ones older who still want to
'play' but can't run races. Then again, Granny might suprize ya!

Carol

Old October 13th 16, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties[_2_]

[As everybody enjoy the wide selection of foods that been transported
in, the teleporter sparkles and hums as a big bunch of kitties show up
carrying musical instruments. After the kitties are through, a couple of
raccoons and some really big Norwegian Forest Cats push through some
carts loaded down with large drums, chairs, music stands, and a concert
piano. As the musicats gets everything arranged, Hercule Lenoir sorts
through the sheet music to make cure that everything they need is
available.]

Old October 14th 16, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Community Kitties wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[As everybody enjoy the wide selection of foods that been transported
in, the teleporter sparkles and hums as a big bunch of kitties show
up carrying musical instruments. After the kitties are through, a
couple of raccoons and some really big Norwegian Forest Cats push
through some carts loaded down with large drums, chairs, music
stands, and a concert piano. As the musicats gets everything
arranged, Hercule Lenoir sorts through the sheet music to make cure
that everything they need is available.]

As they get ready to practice, A forest cat finds this fun little one
and starts playing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlQYqQs0R3w