Mounting Problem

Old April 27th 04, 11:34 PM
Jenn

Default Mounting Problem

Hello All,
I have an orange tabby named Marmalade, he is 5 years old and neutered, we
got him from the shelter about 4 years ago. All of our female and male cats
are neutered/spayed. Ever since we moved, Marmalade keeps walking around
meowing at all hours of the day and night. He has now taken to mounting our
4 year old Siamese Suki, she allows it. Any reason why he would do this?

Jenn

Old April 28th 04, 01:12 AM
RobZip

"Jenn" wrote in message

I had a similar issue with a neuterd tom several years ago. The vet
suggested it was a trip down memory lane. It usually happened when there
were females in season in the area. He was an indoor cat but no doubt picked
up traces of scent from the females nearby.

Old April 28th 04, 09:30 AM
Alison

"Laura R." wrote in
message .. .
circa Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:34:58 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
Jenn ) said,

Dominance. He's establishing himself in his new territory.

Laura
--

Do cats do the dominance thing ? Don't they just usually chase other
cats away ?

Old April 28th 04, 04:30 PM
Mars Project

"Jenn" wrote in message ...
Hello All,
I have an orange tabby named Marmalade, he is 5 years old and neutered, we
got him from the shelter about 4 years ago. All of our female and male cats
are neutered/spayed. Ever since we moved, Marmalade keeps walking around
meowing at all hours of the day and night. He has now taken to mounting our
4 year old Siamese Suki, she allows it. Any reason why he would do this?

Jenn

Chances are he remembers being horny once and wants a little
Suki-Suki. Cats have natural instincts neutered or not. Ask any guy
with a vasectomy if they still get aroused.....C'mon Jenn you knew
this ....didn't ya.?

Mars

Old April 28th 04, 09:41 PM
Priscilla H Ballou

In rec.pets.cats.health+behav Mars Project wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in message ...
Hello All,
I have an orange tabby named Marmalade, he is 5 years old and neutered, we
got him from the shelter about 4 years ago. All of our female and male cats
are neutered/spayed. Ever since we moved, Marmalade keeps walking around
meowing at all hours of the day and night. He has now taken to mounting our
4 year old Siamese Suki, she allows it. Any reason why he would do this?

Jenn

Chances are he remembers being horny once and wants a little
Suki-Suki. Cats have natural instincts neutered or not. Ask any guy
with a vasectomy if they still get aroused.....C'mon Jenn you knew
this ....didn't ya.?

Vasectomy is not the same as castration. C'mon, you knew that, didn't
you?

Priscilla

Old April 28th 04, 10:49 PM
Mars Project

Priscilla took the bait, and replied with this:

Vasectomy is not the same as castration. C'mon, you knew that,

didn't
you?

Priscilla

Greetings Priscilla,
Of course, I know everything!.. C'mon, You knew that already now
didn't you Miss Priss?

Mars